Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - Playthrough Complete! Stay tuned for the next one...

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Final Unit Recap

As we head into Endgame, it's time to take one last look at our characters...

FNhdet6.jpg

Here's Athena, star of the show, and she's got the stats to prove it, too: the highest Str, the higehst HP, tied for highest Skl with Miyami, second highest Spd, tied for highest Lck with Robin, and second highest Def with TGK. Her only sub-par stats are Mag (which she doesn't even use) and Res. Her Str, Skl, Spd, Lck, and Mov are all maxed. Sure, part of this is from stat-boosters, but also she's just the main character with some really great growths. She's by far our best unit one-on-one, and reliably kills almost everything, but her main weakness is that she's restricted to being either 1 or 2 range, with no access to a 1-2 weapon. As such, she's not as good on EP, unless she's only around similarly range-locked enemies.

Main weapon is the Fancy Yato, of course. She'll sometimes wield her bow when necessary, but usually she leaves the ranged work to her husband.

3kcsuLg.jpg

Xerneas spends 98% of his time as a stat-backpack for Athena, so his stats and equips don't matter the fast majority of the time, but he's still useful when he does see combat. He's still a better bow-user than Athena by far, and if there's a need for arching and not much defense needed, I will certainly swap. Having another staff user in a pinch is also very useful.

Obviously the Fujin Yumi is his main weapon, which also gives him nice terrain use as well. Sidelong Yumi is used in emergencies, as are both staves.

hqKEhU2.jpg

TGK is another one of our main combatants, especially in Enemy Phase. He's got the highest Def and also has respectable Res, so he's can certainly take a hit. Aside from that, he's also an offensive powerhouse with high Mag, additionally boosted in combat by Skyleaf, and it gets better each round thanks to Magictaker. He (paired up with Skyleaf) is one of the few units that I can simply sit in the middle of a bunch of enemies in EP and just watch them all blow up.

He swaps between Reverse Magic and Sparkle Pony as necessary depending on what enemies he's facing. Sparkle Pony is preferred, as it gives him a whopping +3 bonus to Spd/Skl/Def/Res, but sometimes Reverse Magic is needed when going against Lance/Hidden Weapon wielders to give him WTA.

cSzzmpa.jpg

Skyleaf spends a lot of her time as a stat-backpack due to her fragility. However, she's got the highest Mag by far of our available Staff users, which makes her a phenomenal healer, so I'll often swap to her if we need some serious healing done. Occasionally I feed her a kill to help her level up better, since she doesn't get much exp from healing, but for the most part she does her best by supporting TGK.

Magestic Moo is her only tome, but she doesn't see much combat anyway.

6oRUNFe.jpg

Jabber is the final main unit in our trifecta of death. Like TGK, he gets permanent, unhindered 1-2 range thanks to his Raijinto which gives him a tonne of EP versality. Unlike TGK, he's got crap for Def/Res, but for the most part he doesn't need it, since he dodges like a boss. The only things he really needs to worry about lance-wielding Generals, as they have WTA over him and hit like tanks, while he doesn't do much to them in return. Otherwise, he can handle basically anything you throw at him.

Obviously, Raijinto is his one and only weapon. Why would he need anything else?

PnMqTZd.jpg

Like the other spouses of the trifecta, Jesi spends most of her time as a stat backpack. There's simply no need for her to see combat when Jabber does everything she does but better. Outside of feeding her exp, anyway. She is, however, our main thief, as she and Jabber can handle gobs of enemies all on their own making them the perfect choice to run off on some side objective to open a bunch of chests.

Her weapons are kind of pointless, but Lovely Kitty is what she uses when she does see combat.

TAxaLLz.jpg

DNA is definitely the most useful of our kid units. Her Mag is through the roof (and even higher than Athena's Str!) and she's also tied for highest Res, so she can tank magic hits too. Unfortunately, her Def and HP are kind of low, so she's mostly a glass cannon, running in and scoring a kill at an opportune moment. As a Witch, she's gained access to Warp, which allows her to teleport next to any allied unit and still attack afterward, which is crazy useful. It's a shame I can trust her to survive more than a single physical blow, and probably not even that much. She's also got atrociously low Skl, sadly, which means she's not particularly accurate.

Like TGK, she swaps between Darkness Pony and Oppo-Shadow at need, depending on what the enemy is using. She especially loves the Skl boost from Pony to help that lack.

0R9CX7L.jpg

When not ferrying around DNA, WPM is actually pretty useful on his own. There's nothing he particularly excels in, but he's decently fast and can score a ORKO on the right target. He's our only flyer which helps us access some goals, and that maneuverability is really useful when it comes to acting as one of our healers. Basically, if it's not safe for DNA to sit and nuke, WPM will take over and act as support. It suits him well.

I had never really planned on using him in combat much, so I just tossed a few spare lances at him, but he's really made that Killer Lance do its job. After his amazing performance in the Battle of Killing Hans, I rewarded him with a forged Lucario (the name based off of WPM's old avatar :p), though he hasn't had much of a chance to use it yet.

8eGufKF.jpg

Miyami is quite a nice and versatile unit, despite her 1-range lock. She can swap between Beaststones depending on if she needs to be offensive or defensive. She can't always get in a ORKO, but she can soak up a lot of damage, or dodge, if necessary, making her decent for EP if not as good as others. And being in the middle of the fray, she gets some good use out of Voice of Peace, too.

Beastsone+ is her go-to weapon for ORKOing; it lowers her defenses a bunch, but the dodging bonuses mean that it rarely matters. If she needs to withstand a lot of EP, I'll swap to the Beastrune.

KyBVl2Y.jpg

Quaking usually acts as a stat-backpack for Miyami, helping her dodge. Sadly, like most hidden weapon wielders, he has a hard time scoring ORKOs, and we're not playing the kind of long, drawn out battles where his weakening abilities would be useful. I'll occasionally swap him in for ranged damage, and to help him level, but otherwise he sees little direct action these days.

Which weapon he uses depends on whatever will give him WTA, though he leans towards Backwards Toss preferably as it hits harder and he can generally use every point of damage he can score.

QZMbHfX.jpg

Back to the parents, let's take a look at Robin. Compared to our other starting staff user, Robin has really turned into quite a tank. In fact, he's evolved into a much more useful version of Palutena and has actually become our main lance wielder. Although not quite as stable and versatile as our main trifecta of fighters, he certainly sees his share of combat, and isn't afraid to get right in the thick of things to heal, either. His mag isn't great, but he's got great staff rank which gives his healing options a boost.

Reginleif is his preferred weapon, but like many others he has a spare available for WTA as necessary.

frC77ew.jpg

Like our other shuriken wielders, Aura has been relegated to stat backpack status as a result of failing to ORKO basically anything. Her saving grace is her Res, among the highest of our units, so with her easy access to 1-2 range, I will use her to bait out mages as necessary. Otherwise, she hangs out and helps out Robin as he does his thing.

Jirachi is her one and only weapon, but she carries some spare staves for Robin, too.

aFXIMS5.jpg

PMJ is basically pure support, but she's really great at that. Dancers are at their best when they're letting someone else have another go. That said, she's not terrible in combat and can pick off enemies in a pinch, which I'll sometimes have to do to give her an exp boost. Otherwise, she just sings to her heart's content.

As her only weapon, Swooooooosh gets the job done as needed.

kuRLnhf.jpg

Celever sadly hasn't seen combat in a while. Not that he's bad or anything, but he's not great, and as a result, 98 times out of 100, we'll get more use out of having him support and protect PMJ than we will having him fight. He does do a nice furry Marth cosplay, though.

Since he's our own sword wielder that doesn't have a fancy pants sword, I've got a bit overboard on forges for him. Kitsune Cleaver is his main, with the other being a 1-2 range he can use in emergency as needed.

o8EG8BK.jpg

Vom sadly makes a pretty disappointing combat unit. Like I've already talked about with the other shuriken wielders, they're just not built for the ORKOs, and they're not great at taking hits either. When used, he mainly contributes chip damage, or will occasionally score a kill. Otherwise, he and Palutena are practically benched.

He gave his non-magic forged weapons to his son, leaving himself with Magic Tossy, which is his preferred weapon anyway.

RCwZYDZ.jpg

And lastly we come to the mediocre Palutena. The split Str/Mag focus of the Basara means she doesn't really excel in either stat, reducing her effectiveness. In fact, Robin basically does everything she can do, but better, with the exception of her magic weapon. She's very slow and not powerful enough to OHKO, meaning that she often can't score a kill. Like Vom, when used she does chip damage, and I'll often swap between them to see which functions better.

Thunderbolty is her main weapon, but she still keeps a regular naginata around for old time's sake.

And looks like that's everyone! Stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
@Athena, what game will come next in the series? Are we able to suggest?

Next up will be a playthrough of Pokémon Moon, but I haven't decided what kind of run it will be yet! I'll be opening up a thread for voting/suggestions next week after this run is done.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Chapter 27 + Endgame: The Dragon Departed

We went back to prepare for our final battle, taking the time to finalize our inventories and blow the rest of our gold on a bunch of stat-boosters. Geared up and well-rested, we teleported back into the castle and prepared to confront King Keeper once and for all.

Anxious to get things over with, I threw open the throne room door and ran inside, Fancy Yato in my hands. Keeper was alone on his throne, laughing evilly to himself. He stood up when I approached, looking rather happy to see me for once.

<Keeper> Heheh, Princess Athena, home at last. It's been a while, hasn't it? For someone who spent so much of her life as a pampered shut-in, you've achieved something approaching competence.
<Athena> Yeah, well, jokes on you, because that competence is hear to dethrone you!
<Xerneas> (Wow, great comeback there -_-)
<Athena> (Shush, you)
<Athena> Keeper, you've started a pointless war that has caused the deaths of thousands of innocents, including your elder son BV and your youngest daughter Pidove.
<Keeper> Oh, wait, you killed BV? Lame. He was such a useful pawn.
<Athena> Don't you care that your son and heir is dead?
<Keeper> *shrugs*
<Athena> In that case, I'll feel no remorse in killing you! Rrrragh!​

I ran at Keeper and slashed at him with the Fancy Yato. He made no move to defend himself, and I soon learned why... my sword, fancy as it was, couldn't even scratch his armor!

<Keeper> Bwahahahahaha!!
<Athena> Ohgeez, what are we going to do?
<PMJ> Here, I'll sing my song, that should weaken him for a few mo--
<Keeper> *grabs PMJ by the throat* You think I'd let that happen? Now, surrender to my demands and maybe I'll let you live...
<Athena> We can't let him kill PMJ... :<
<Jabber> *sigh* What are your demands, King Keeper?
<Keeper> Oh, nothing much, just completely and total surrender by Hoshido, ceding over its land, peoples, and resources to my control. Oh, and of course you'll have to die. Bwahahahaha!!
<Athena> This isn't a negotiation. It's a farce!
<Keeper> Alright, so what you are going to do about it? Attack me pointlessly while all of your friend and family die? You're a riot!
<Athena> There has to be something we can do...
<Jabber> Ohhey, my sword is glowing.
<Athena> Doesn't it always glow?
<Jabber> Well, I mean, more than usual.
lufoi4Z.jpg

<Athena> Hey, this kind of reminds me of when Xerneas's bow turned my sword into the Fancy Yato! In fact...
7dznFn9.png

<Athena> There it goes!
<Skyleaf> Oh, pretty! What are you going to call it?
<Athena> Umm... well... how about the Extra Fancy Yato?
<Keeper> Hey, did you guys forget about me? I'm still standing here you know! And it doesn't matter what you call that junk ass piece of sword; it's still not going to harm me.
<Athena> Well, can't hurt to give it a try. *stab*
<Keeper> Oh, ouch, hey, watch it!
<Athena> PMJ, escape now while you can!
<PMJ> *flees back to Athena*
<Keeper> Grrrr, you think you've won? Hardly! Soldiers, attack!
<Athena> Alright everyone, time for battle! Hold off the soldiers while I take out Keeper.​

I had originally hoped to just bumrush Keeper and end things quickly like I did with Hans, but one look at the Nohrian soldiers all around us quickly killed that thought. There were simply too many units that were too powerful. We'd have to take a bit more careful approach.

I took the eastern side of the room with Xerneas, Jabber, and Jesi, while everyone else stayed together on the west, led by TGK. We carefully worked our way closer to Keeper, methodically clearing out enemies in our wake. Eventually, the path was clear.

Jabber ran forward to start the attack, eager and confident that WTA and his superb dodging skills would help him. Although he scored a blow, his sword simply wasn't strong enough to do much damage, so I rushed up next to him to help, landing the final blow with my Extra Fancy Yato.

Or at least I thought it was final.

One moment, Keeper''s body was lying cold on the floor, the next it was lifting and warping before my eyes, transforming into a great dragon!

<Everyone> wtf o_o;
<Dragon Keeper> NOW YOU SEE MY TRUE FORM.
<Robin> Does that mean you're going to keep talking in all caps?
<Dragon Keeper> YES.
<Robin> *sigh*
<Dragon Keeper> THE BLOOD OF DRAGONS RUNS IN MY VEINS AS IT DOES YOURS. WITNESS MY POWER UNLEASHED! *crunch*
<Athena> Did... did you just eat my Extra Fancy Yato?
<Dragon Keeper> NO, I MERELY CHEWED ON IT. IT IS MUCH TOO BITTER TO SWALLOW. *spits out the ruined hunk*
<Athena> Eww, dragon spit. :|
<Dragon Keeper> HONESTLY, I EXPECTED MORE FROM HOSHIDO'S MOST FEARSOME WEAPON.
<Jabber> Well, uh, we still have the Raijinto!
<Xerneas> And don't forget my Fujin Yumi!
<Skyleaf> And my... oh, wait, I forgot only the boys got fancy weapons. ._.;
<Dragon Keeper> FOOLISH HOSHIDANS. YOUR WEAPONS ARE MERE TOYS TO ME. I SHALL DESTROY THEM, AND YOU TOO. DIE!
<Athena> No way!​

I quickly ran in front of Jabber and Xerneas, protecting them from Keeper's next blow and instead taking the brunt of it myself as the world faded to black...

... ... ...

<Flora> Rise and shine, Lady Athena!
<Athena> Huh? What's going on? Why am I in my old bed at the northern fortress?
<Lilith> Where else would you be? Come on, I've prepared your house for your morning ride.
<Athena> Oh, alright... man, my head feels weird... where are Jakob and Felicia?
<Pidove> Oh, get up already you slugabed!
<Athena> Pidove? And BV too?
<Pidove> Yep! We're here to make sure you get up and get it together, otherwise you'll be stuck here forever!
<Athena> Well, as long as I have you guys here with me, I wouldn't mind that at all.
<BV> Are you sure that's what you really want? Look at who's with you and see if you can figure out what's going on...
<Athena> What are you... oh gods, you're all dead. I was battling Garon in the throne room and he turned into a dragon... wait, does that mean I'm dead too?
<BV> Not quite. You have a choice to make: you can stay here with us, or you can return and fight with your allies.
<Athena> My allies.... I can... hear their voices... back in the throne room...
<Dragon Keeper> (distantly) YOUR HERO IS DEAD. ADMIT DEFEAT NOW AND I WILL KILL YOU QUICKLY RATHER THAN LET YOU SUFFER.
<Jabber> No way! Athena's not dead!
<Xerneas> Screw you, dragon punk!
<PMJ> Yes, Athena isn't truly dead. I... I can still sense her, here with us.
<Dragon Garon> IN THAT CASE...
<Athena> Ohgods, they're all in danger. ._.;
<TGK> This doesn't have to be the way it ends. Come on--let's finish this together!
<Skyleaf> I won't leave your side, Athena, no matter what happens!
<Xerneas> Are you gonna let that overgrown salamander take you out like that? Get up!
<Jesi> You've got to keep fighting, Athena!
<Jabber> Come on, Athena... wake up! I know you can do it!
<PMJ> It's not your time, Athena. Open your eyes. Let me hear your voice again!
<Aura> You're just playing dead, right? It's the oldest trick in the book.
<Robin> It's not your time to die, Athena! Not for another 72 years and 19 days...
<WPM> I do not wish to sing a requiem for you.
<DNA> You have to wake up... I can't follow you into death!
<Kaden> You can't die, Athena... I still haven't paid you back!
<Asugi> I should have been the one to take that hit! We still need you to lead us!
<Miyami> Hey, dum-dum, if you die here, playtime is over FOREVER! So don't do it, okay?
<Vom> Rise, Athena. Your story cannot end this way.
<Palutena> You can't die like this... your hair is all messed up!
<Athena> My friends... I need to go back! I need to keep fighting!
<Flora> Alright then, Athena. We'll be watching over you from here.
<Lilith> We'll never forget you!
<Pidove> Be strong, Athena! I love you more than everyone in the whole world! And also tell Camo and DoS that I love them and I miss them. And that they can't fight or I'll get angry!
<BV> You have so much more life to live, little princess. Do what I couldn't, and save this world.
<Athena> Thank you, everyone. I'm going back to fight now... not just for me, but for all of you, too! Extra Fancy Yato! Give me your strength!​

Suddenly, the blade appeared in my hands, bright and fancy as ever. Grasping it tightly, I found myself back in Keeper's throne room.

<Everyone> Yay! \o/
<Athena> Sorry to keep you waiting, guys.
<Dragon Keeper> SO, YOU RETURN. COME AT ME WITH THAT BLADE SO I CAN CHEW ON IT AGAIN.
<Athena> Pfft. *strike*
<Dragon Keeper> WHAT?! THAT STINGS. >:|
<Athena> Yeah, well, now the Extra Fancy Yato has all of the love of a bunch of dead people, so it's better now, so there. :U
<Dragon Keeper> *snort*
<Athena> Okay, yeah, I know it's kind of ridiculous and tropey, but I'll make use of as many tropes as I need to in order to defeat you! Come on everyone, we got this! PMJ, now's the time, sing your heart out, girl!
<PMJ> Hell yes! \o/​

While PMJ sang, everyone spread out, trying to take out the surrounding enemies as quickly as possible. TGK, Jabber, and DNA open a path for me to reach Keeper, and Robin slapped him with a Hexing Rod attack to weaken him. With two furious blows, Keeper was left reeling.

<Dragon Keeper> NO! THIS CAN'T BE! I REFUSE TO ACCEPT DEATH!​

With a swirl of purple smoke, the dragond departed, leaving a broken old man on the floor who looks at me with humour in his eyes.

<Keeper> I should have killed you when I had the chance, when you were a child...
<Athena> So why didn't you then?
<Keeper> You were my most precious pawn, of course. I needed you... to take out Mikoto...
<Athena> I knew you were behind that. >_<
<Keeper> No matter now... I feel... at peace. Perhaps that's... what I wanted all along... the sweet release of death... My body was destroyed, my mind... lost... Every since that moment I... I became... something... something... ... ... *disappears into the air with a bunch of blue bubbles*
<Athena> Uhh... wtf?
<PMJ> At last... we can live in peace... *collapses*
<Athena> PMJ!! You don't look so good. :\
<PMJ> I promised you I wouldn't disappear, but... I might not be able to make that promise.
<Athena> Oh geez. We just won, damnit, hold yourself yourself together. >_<
<PMJ> It's okay. I know that you and everyone will live in peace now, so... I'm happy. Please... live a joyful life... don't let my death sour your victory. This world of peace... this is what I risked my life for... and it's worth it...
<Athena> ;~;
<PMJ> Can I see you smile for me... one last time?
<Athena> :')
<PMJ> Good enough, thanks... *disappears*
<Athena> ;~;~;​

Some time later, back in Hoshido...

<Yukimura> People of Hoshido! Let it be known that Jabberwock, High Prince of Hoshido, has succeeded Queen Mikoto!
<People> \o/
<Yukimura> He takes the throne at the cusp of a new era of peace in our land. Jabber, please accept this crown as a symbol of your title.
<Jabber> Woo, thanks!
<Athena> Yay, Jabber is the king! \o/
<Skyleaf> I'm so... so happy ;~;
<Xerneas> Keep your sniffles down, Skyleaf, we're representing our family here! Now shut up while Jabber finished his speech.
<Jabber> Hey guys, I know this war has been tough, and we've lost a lot of dudes, especially Mikoto. She wasn't my mom, but she was a cool chick, and we all miss her. But, hey, look on the bright side: we get peace with Nohr now! I know people are probably pretty skeptical about peace with our sworn enemies, but... well, you've just gotta trust me with this one. And we'll be helping them and giving them food and stuff so they don't have to attack people anymore. So, uh, we'll move into the future together, and stronger.
<People> \o/
<Jabber> Ohman, speaking in front of people is so tough... ~_~;
<Athena> It's okay, Jabber, you did a great job. <3
<Camo> Indeed, I was even moved myself a little!
<DoS> And as your newest allies, we're happy to see you moving quickly to bring peace between our people.
<Camo> Even though so many people are dead... *sniff*
<Xerneas> Ohgod, you're going to make Slyleaf start--
<Skyleaf> *sobs everywhere*
<Xerneas> --crying again.
<Camo> Sorry. >_>
<DoS> Anyway, thanks for inviting us to the coronation, but we need to be getting back now.
<Camo> To plan DoS's coronation! \o/
<Athena> You mean you're not taking the throne, Camo?
<Camo> All that work? Nah. I asked DoS if he'd taken over in my place and he was cool with it. But you guys will come too, right?
<Athena> Of course, we'll definitely be there for it! *waves goodbye*
<Skyleaf> Shame they won't be able to stay for the festival...
<Athena> Indeed. Let's all relax and have some fun!​

And so we ran off and partied tonnes and everyone had a good time. After a few hours, I wandered off on my own to relax and unwind for a while. My feet carried themselves off to the lake where I first met PMJ all those months ago....

<???> ♫ You are the ocean's grey waves... ♫
<Athena> PMJ? Is that really you?!
<PMJ> 'Sup, Athena?
<Athena> PMJ! :D
<PMJ> Shh, calm down for a bit will you?
<Athena> But--
<PMJ> Do me a favour and stare into the lake for a bit, would you?
<Athena> Umm... alright... *stares into the lake*
<PMJ> Thank you for your bravery Athena. I hope we can meet again someday.
<Athena> Yeah, me too.
<PMJ> After all, there's still two other versions of this story for you to play through. I'm probably not going to die in at least one of them.
<Athena> So you really are dead, then?
<PMJ> Of course, silly.
<Xerneas> Oi, Athena, you just going to stay out over here by yourself? Come back and join the party!
<Athena> ... goodbye, PMJ.​

The next day, we held another ceremony where a statue of Queen Mikoto was built where the old fountain used to be. I joined my husband and siblings-in-law as we unveiled the statue to the public.

<Jabber> I told Mother...the war is over. You stood for peace. Always. We carry on your legacy. That said...our task will always be a difficult one. But no matter how hard it may be... We will succeed...with you at our side. All of us...hand in hand.​

THE END!

Athena & Xerneas
Athena and Xerneas both stayed in Castle Sumeragi to help Ryoma rebuild his kingdom and establish peace between Hoshido and Nohr. They often went on diplomatic missions together, especially to Nohr, working tirelessly to make sure the peace they fought so hard for remained intact.

Jabber & Jesi
After his coronation, Jabber made known his marriage to his long-time protector, Jesi. He was fearful that the people would not want a common ninja as their queen, but the commoners loved her and praised their King for marrying for love. With Jesi by Jabber's side, he was always well-protected.

TGK & Skyleaf
After the war, TGK returned to the Wind Tribe and took over as Chief. Skyleaf happily moved there with him, surprisingly eager to take up the simple life of a chieftain's wife. While TGK managed the clan and brokered peace treaties, Skyleaf used her healing arts to help the wounded and underprivileged.

Robin & Aura
Robin and Aura returned to the site of Aura's old village and made plans to rebuild it. They were helped by people from neighboring communities who also lost their homes. Soon, the new village was thriving, with Robin as head priest of the local shrine, though he never quite lost his wit or sarcasm.

Vom & Palutena
Palutena reopened her parents' tailor shop and soon had a booming business. Officially, she was unmarried, as all official records held no trace of Vom at all, enabling him to maintain his spy activities on behalf of the throne. He often got roped into acting as a mannequin for Palutena whenever he came home between jobs.

Celever & PMJ
Brokenhearted after the death of his wife, Celever refused the offers of a position at Castle Shirasagi, spending his time wandering around the country. Eventually he returned home and took over the position of chief of his village. They were happy to have him return, even if his smiles always seems a bit forced.

WPM & DNA
WPM decided to stay in the Hoshidan capital and work for Jabber's administration. DNA chose to stay by his side, joining the magic branch of the military forces, and soon word spread that the two were going to be married. TGK and Skyleaf prepared the two a grand wedding in the mountains.

Quaking & Miyami
According to all official record, neither Quaking or Miyami ever returned home from the war. Many suspect that they might have gone back home to their deeprealms. However, a mysterious male ninja and a female kitsune are sometimes witnessed together in the markets near Castle Shirasagi, always hand in hand.

Official Battle Records:
Quaking - Battles: 10, Victories: 8
WPM - Battles: 12, Victories: 8
Miyami - Battles: 37, Victories: 22
DNA - Battles: 38, Victories: 31
Celever - Battles: 125, Victories: 83
PMJ - Battles: 24, Victories: 10
TGK - Battles: 154, Victories: 131
Skyleaf - Battles: 30, Victories: 12
Robin - Battles: 65, Victories: 33
Aura - Battles: 138, Victories: 94
Vom - Battles: 117, Victories: 64
Palutena - Battles: 98, Victories: 52
Jabber - Battles: 85, Victories: 72
Jesi - Battles: 162, Victories: 70
Xerneas - Battles: 87, Victories: 65
Athena - Battles: 307, Victories: 204

Final Team:

Athena - Lv. 19 Bow Knight
Skyleaf - Lv. 7 Onmyoji
PMJ - Lv. 32 Songstress
Vom - Lv. 6 Mechanist
Aura - Lv. 26 Dread Fighter
Robin - Lv. 10 Great Master
TGK - Lv. 33 Grandmaster
Palutena - Lv. 5 Basara
Xerneas - Lv. 10 Adventurer
Jesi - Lv. 7 Master Ninja
Celever - Lv. 28 Lodestar
Jabber - Lv. 19 Swordmaster
DNA - Lv. 35 Witch
WPM - Lv. 8 Falcon Knight
Quaking - Lv. 7 Master Ninja
Miyami - Lv. 10 Ninetails

Closing Notes:

Thank you for following along, everyone who has done so! I hope you enjoyed the ride.

Thanks are also due to those people who suggested characters, pairings, classes, and other suggestions along the way. Your ideas and suggestions are what make these playthroughs fun. <3

I had a blast writing this playthrough, despite the hiccups in the middle. My autumn/winter ended up being significantly busier than I expected, which kind of ruined the flow of things. Between that, and there being less options and availability for class choices, etc., I guess I'm not really all that surprised that comments almost completely dropped out by the time I got back to things, though I do hope people had fun reading along regardless.

Birthright has a lot of flaws, but for the most part, it's not a bad game to play through. It's pretty low down the list of my favourite FE games, but it's still an FE game. :U

If you have any closing comments, questions, or feedback, I would be most certainly happy to hear it!

Next Playthrough:

In case you haven't seen me talk about it elsewhere, my next planned playthrough will be of Pokémon Moon! I'll be opening up a new thread sometime in the next couple days to start gathering opinions and plans for what I'm going to do, so keep an eye on Creative Works for more info.

Next Fates Playthrough?:

Despite my next playthrough being a Pokémon game, I do plan to return and do playthroughs for the other Fates games as well in the future, first Conquest and then Revelation.

Though, given the drop of activity regarding suggestions, I'm thinking of changing things up a bit and switch to a structure more similar to reddit PMU where people suggest final classes and pairings right in the opening instead of just characters and pairings at first and changes later. Or maybe something different.

Feedback about this would definitely be appreciated, as well as any other changes or suggestions, for anyone who feels like sharing.

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
<Lilith> Where else would you be? Come on, I've prepared your house for your morning ride.
Too bad you didn't stay. Riding a house would've been interesting. :U

Thanks for doing this, it was a good read. :) Can't wait to see your Moon playthrough! #TeamMoon

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
<Dragon Keeper> SO, YOU RETURN. COME AT ME WITH THAT BLADE SO I CAN CHEW ON IT AGAIN.
Actually me 10/10

I missed some of the middle chapters, so Imma binge read this now. Great playthrough 'Thena!