Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - Playthrough Complete! Stay tuned for the next one...

New page, new tally!

Kaden
: Kagero (2), Azura (2), Athena (1), Oboro (1)
Azama: Mozu (2), Sakura (2), Athena (1), Azura (1)
Hayato: Sakura (3), Kagero (2), Mozu (1)
Takumi: Oboro (2), Athena (2), Azura (1), Mozu (1)
Saizo: Oboro (2), Mozu (1), Sakura (1), Azura (1)
Ryoma: Kagero (2), Athena (2), Azura (1), Mozu (1)

RIP Rhajat

At least she has awesome strength though. You could turn her into a physical fighter like Spear Master, her personal ability goes pretty well with a more bulkier class anyway. :p Also Ophelia is the superior magic user in Fates.

Alright, it looks like our final pairs have been decided! Here's the chart:

Hayato x Sakura
Azama x Mozu
Kaden x Azura
Saizo x Oboro
Ryoma x Kagero
Takumi x Athena

For anyone who's curious about my thought process is sifting through the ties... Hayato/Sakura wins for being the only pairing with more than 2 votes. That pulls Sakura out of the running for Azama, so he gets paired with Mozu. Kaden is the only pairing for Azura with more than a single vote, so they get matched. Similarly, Oboro is the only pair for Saizo with more than a single vote, then Ryoma with Kagero since he's out of options and Takumi ends up with Athena.

Funnily enough, these are all new pairs to me, too, so that's nice. And now we're onto...

Step 3: Children/Other Characters!

With our pairings decided, it's time to fill up the last 4 slots in our team. Let's take a look at the kid units we'll have available in the spoiler below!

bl4FXX4.png

Like in Awakening, children units can also S Support with each other, so if you are suggesting children units, you should also suggest pairings for them. The optimal way to do this would be to suggest 2 pairs of male/female supports. Please keep in mind that siblings cannot S Support, so, for example, matching up Shigure and Selkie is not an option.

In addition to the children units, we can also fill up these last few spots with some other late-joining, non-pairing units. Reina, Scarlet, Izana, Shura, and Yukimura can all be suggested as extra units as well.

The last character available is Anna, whom we can recruit via DLC. Like the other Correinsexuals, she cannot be paired up.

Please suggest 4 "other" units to be added onto our endgame team! And please give them member names, too!

Ideally, numbers should be kept even for the sake of pairing, so suggesting 4 children (2 M/F pairs), 2 children (1 M/F pair) and 2 single others, or 4 single others is preferred. However, since votes will probably not line up anyway, this is not strictly necessary.

Last edited:
Are we naming these characters?

Also, I'll pick Rhajat, Shigure, Shiro, and Mitama.

Rhajat x Shiro
Shigure x Mitama

EDIT: Athena, you completely forgot Caeldori...

I'm actually gonna be unpopular and pick Shura, because I love that guy. :x And the kids in this game are kinda zzz.

Kids-wise I'll vote for Selkie for being adorable and playful, and Shigure for being like, perfect boyfriend material. And I guess Asugi because Asugi's kinda hot. :x

Good to hear Kana is really bad because I was regretting making her basically just be my rally unit in Birthright. :p

Tally!

Shigure (3): TGK, Celever, quaking
Shiro (3): TGK, KX, NotJim
Asugi (3): KX, Celever, quaking
Selkie (3): Celever, quaking, NotJim
Rhajat (2): TGK, quaking
Mitama (1): TGK
Kiragi (1): KX
Anna (1): KX
Shura (1): Celever
Scarlet (1): NotJim
Yukimura (1): NotJim

Shiro/Rhajat (1): TGK
Shiro/Mitama (1): KX
Shiro/Selkie (1): NotJim
Shigure/Mitama (1): TGK
Shigure/Rhajat (1): quaking
Kiragi/Selkie (1): KC
Asugi/Selkie (1): quaking

Selkie: Miyami (1)
Shigure: WPM (3)
Asugi: quaking (2)
Rhajat: DNA (1), Miyami (2)
Shiro: quaking (1), DoS (1)
Mitama: DNA (2)
Kiragi: Keeper (1)
Izana: Rusty Sticks (1)
Shura: Cinesra (1)
Yukimura: SR (1)
Anna: Prof. Light (1)

So far, it's looking like the kids are much more popular than the Corrinsexuals. Shigure, Shiro, and Asugi are in a 3 way tie for the males, with Selkie and Rhajat leading the females. Plenty of time left for more votes, though, so have your friends come and suggest units! :p

Yeah, I was kind of hoping she'd make it in, too, since I wanted to see how she worked out, but oh well. Maybe I can toss her in to my upcoming BR Lunatic run. :p

In terms of kid pairs, I think I'm going to call it quits, since it doesn't look like we're getting anymore takers. Final tally is the same as above.

For the 3 way tie between Shigure, Shiro, and Asugi, I'mma kick Shiro out since I used him in both my previous BR and Rev ones and I've only used Shigure and Asugi once. And since Selkie and Rhajat are the winners for the female side, that makes pairings simple, too, since Shigure and Selkie can't S Support.

So, our winning final units/pairs are...

Shigure x Rhajat
Asugi x Selkie

For names, the winning members are:

Shigure: WPM
Rhajat: DNA
Asugi: quaking
Selkie: Miyami

And with that, our pre-game decisions are complete! :D

I'm aaaalmost done with Revelation. In fact, I'll probably finish it today. This means that I'll start this playthrough either tomorrow or Monday, depending on the time I have free.

Thank you all for participating! Make sure to stick around, since we'll have plenty of decisions to make in the game itself as well. :D

In the meantime, readers are welcome to suggest additional member names for available NPCs as well, if you wish, such as the opposing Nohrian royalty and other enemies. Otherwise, I'll just use their real names.

Last edited:
Back