Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - Playthrough Complete! Stay tuned for the next one...

Since we're on a new page, it's time for a new tally!

Looks like Kaden, Azama, Hayato, Takumi, Saizou, and Ryoma are currently winning for the guys, and for the girls it's Azura, Sakura, Oboro, Kagero... and a tie between Rinkah and Mozu for the last spot.

I've also changed the nomination list up a bit to help focus it. Top section in MCs/Royals who will keep names even as PCs. Second section is non-MCs who have a good shot at getting into the game at this point. Third section is named PCs that probably won't be in unless they get a boost.

Remember that you can name characters even if you're not nominating them, so feel free to continue suggesting member names! There are a lot of people who are looking like their going to get voted in as PCs that have tied or very few suggestions.

Avatar stuff is also still tied, for anyone who feels like weighing in on that.

Characters:

Kaden (7): Celever, Robin, DoS, TGK, Keeper, quaking, KX
Azura (6): Jabberwock, NotJim, DoS, TGK, quaking, KX
Azama (6): NotJim, Celever, Robin, TGK, Keeper, KX
Hayato (5): Robin, TGK, Keeper, quaking, Skyleaf
Takumi (4): NotJim, DoS, Jabberwock, KX
Oboro (4): NotJim, Keeper, DoS, quaking
Sakura (4): Jabberwock, TGK, KX, Skyleaf
Saizo (3): Robin, TGK, quaking, KX
Kagero (3): TGK, NotJim, quaking
Ryoma (3): Jabberwock, quaking, KX
Rinkah (2): NotJim, DoS
Mozu (2): Celever, DoS
Kaze (1): Jabberwock
Reina (1): NotJim,
Hinata (1): Celever,
Subaki (1): Celever,
Jakob (1): Robin,
Silas (1): DoS,
Felicia (1): Keeper
Hinoka (1): Jabberwock

Boon: Mag (3), Str (3),
Bane: Res (1), Mag (3), Str (2)
Talent: Outlaw (2), Knight (2), Dark Mage (1), Spear Fighter (1), Diviner (1),

Member Names:

Ryoma: Jabber (4), BV (1)
Hinoka: Camo (1), PMJ (1), Robin (1)
Takumi: KX (2), DoS (2), Camo (1)
Sakura: Skyleaf (5)
Azura: PMJ (2), Miyami (1), DNA (1), Robin (1)
Kaze: bb (4), Vom (1)

Kaden: Celever (6)
Azama: Robin (2), Keeper (2), Camo (1)
Hayato: TGK (5)
Saizo: Vom (3), bb (1)
Oboro: PP (1)
Kagero: Jesi (1), Robin (1)
Mozu: ExcalAura4D (1)

Hinata: Keeper (1)
Subaki: bb (1)
Jakob: Camo (1)
Felicia: Jesi (1)

Last edited:
Bah, thought I fixed that. That's actually Robin's vote; I got confused because people were voting him for Azama's name, too.

Rinka is absolute trash outside of pair-up fodder, so I'll put a vote on Mozu since she can at least be a damn good Dread Fighter/Sniper.

Rinka is absolute trash outside of pair-up fodder, so I'll put a vote on Mozu since she can at least be a damn good Dread Fighter/Sniper.

I'm actually using Rinkah in my current hard-mode Rev run and she's doing pretty well. I just promoted her to Oni Chieftain and gave her a Bolt Axe for her to run around and kill things, which is fine as long as she hits. She's got a forged Iron Axe and Dual Club for any other shenanigans as necessary. I wouldn't say she's my best unit, but she's solid and I'm definitely getting a lot more use out of her than I expected after I summarily benched her as soon as I could in BR for crappy early game use.

I'm also actually using Dread Fighter Mozu in my current run for lols. I had her as a Sniper in BR and she killed everything and was my #1 unit. As a DF, her damage output is on the low-side, but she's very durable and reliable so great for EP baiting (especially with that debuffing) so definitely still top-tier. She'd probably get more use with a better pair-up, but I married her to Ryoma in BR and I wanted her to have the full royal experience so she married Takumi this time around.

That said, I'll only be playing hard mode again this time around and it's very forgiving, so I can easily work with whatever. :p

Man, I need to resurrect the FE thread in BL; someone remind me to do that when I'm not just about to go cook dinner.

I'm actually using Rinkah in my current hard-mode Rev run and she's doing pretty well. I just promoted her to Oni Chieftain and gave her a Bolt Axe for her to run around and kill things, which is fine as long as she hits. She's got a forged Iron Axe and Dual Club for any other shenanigans as necessary. I wouldn't say she's my best unit, but she's solid and I'm definitely getting a lot more use out of her than I expected after I summarily benched her as soon as I could in BR for crappy early game use.

I'm also actually using Dread Fighter Mozu in my current run for lols. I had her as a Sniper in BR and she killed everything and was my #1 unit. As a DF, her damage output is on the low-side, but she's very durable and reliable so great for EP baiting (especially with that debuffing) so definitely still top-tier. She'd probably get more use with a better pair-up, but I married her to Ryoma in BR and I wanted her to have the full royal experience so she married Takumi this time around.

That said, I'll only be playing hard mode again this time around and it's very forgiving, so I can easily work with whatever. :p

Man, I need to resurrect the FE thread in BL; someone remind me to do that when I'm not just about to go cook dinner.

I tried to use Rinkah in BR but she was just so meh and was better used as a boost to make Kaze God-tier. I think I finally used Mozu as a DF in Rev and she was good, but I don't think she was nearly as amazing as Sniper Mozu is. I think I'm revelations I paired her and Arthur up and it was just utter destruction, and even more when I got her the Point Blank skill.

I'd say to use Mozu over Rinka. If you use Mozu right, then you can get a Midori that has a ~95% of activating miracle.

a Midori that has a ~95% of activating miracle.

Of course you can only get Midori if we're using her dad, which it looks like we aren't. :p And speaking of which, it's time for results!

First Gen PCs:
Kaden: @Celever
Azama: @Robin Aisaga
Hayato: @thegrovylekid
Takumi: @King Xerneas
Saizo: @Vom
Ryoma: @Jabberwock
Azura: @PMJ
Sakura: @Skyleaf2000
Oboro: @Professor Palutena
Kagero: @PikaMasterJesi
Mozu: @ExcalAura4D

Named NPCs:
Hinoka: @Camoclone
Kaze: @bbninjas

Bane/Boon: +Str/-Mag
Talent: Outlaw

And that means it's time for....

Step 2: Shipping Chart!

Now that our character choices are finalized, it's time to pair them up!

Please vote to pair up all chosen units in male/female pairings. This includes all of the 1st gen units we just picked and also the avatar, Athena. Each character can only have one pair, so we'll end up with 6 pairs total. This is what all is affected by the final pair choices:

1) They're in love! <3
Although not all S Supports immediately end in marriage, it does imply a romantic connection between the two characters and they will have a paired ending together at the end of the game. Like in previous FE playthroughs, supports for these characters will take priority over others, and they'll all be written out. Also note that the paired endings in this game by and large suck, so I'll mostly be making them up myself.

2) Children Units
Unlike in Awakening, children are tied to the father characters rather than the mothers, with the exception of the Avatar and Azura who also have their own children. Children inherit different things depending on who their mother is (or father, for Athena and Azura's children), such as secondary class options, a directly inherited skill, hair colour, and different bases/growths.

Considering our chosen units, we'll have access to 8 children: Selkie (Kaden), Mitama (Azama), Rhajat (Hayato), Kiragi (Takumi), Asugi (Saizo), Shiro (Ryoma), M!Kanna (Athena), and Shigure (Azura). I'll go into more detail about them in Step 3 when we name/vote/pair them, but for now we're just considering their parentage.

3) Relationship Seals
Each character will have access to their partner's class via Relationship Seals. For characters that have weird classes (like Athena and Azura), they give access to their secondary class instead. This lets us use some fun classes for certain characters that they may not have access to otherwise. You can take a look at and compare primary/secondary classes for our characters here if you're interested.

Please ask if you have any questions and vote for your chosen pairings! <3

Leo x Takumi is the only ship worth shipping

I'll probably just eugenics emblem this thing so:

Ryoma x Kagero
Takumi x Oboro
Hayato x Sakura
Athena x Azama
Kaden x Azura
Mozu x Saizo

For those of us who aren't used to the member named yes, this translates to:

Kagero x Kaden
Oboro x Saizo
Mozu x Azama
Sakura x Hayato
Azura x Ryoma

Making a note of this now so it will be easier for me when the time comes to start tallying pair votes. :p

Tally Time! :D Listing pairings by the boys just because it's easier that way.

Kaden: Kagero (2), Azura (1), Athena (1)
Azama: Mozu (2), Athena (1), Azura (1)
Hayato: Sakura (3), Mozu (1)
Takumi: Oboro (2), Athena (1), Azura (1)
Saizo: Oboro (2), Mozu (1), Sakura (1)
Ryoma: Kagero (2), Azura (1), Athena (1)

Going to leave this open for a little while still to gather more votes since there are still a lot of ties and plenty of people who can chime in. :3

Last edited:
Hoping to get at least a couple more pairing votes in to break the massive amount of ties that we have now, so I'll leave this open for a few more days. Get your friends to vote! :p

Kaden!Celever x Oboro!Professor Palutena
Azama!Robin Aisage x Sakura!Skyleaf2000
Takumi!KingXerneas x Mozu!ExcalAura4D
Hayato!thegrovylekid x Kagero!PikaMasterJesi
Saizo!Vom x Azura!PMJ
Jabber is a strong independent OP swordsmaster! <3

Edit: Owait the other character is Thena. I thought it was weird we would have an odd number.

Then Ryoma!Jabberwock x Corrin!Athena :p

Kaden X Azura
Azama X Sakura
Takumi X Athena
Hayato X Kagerou
Ryoma X Mozu
Saizou X Oboro

Ah perfect...

Don't underestimate my matchmaking capabilities!

Back