Aspertia City Gym / Eelektrik and Mewtwo EX / Eelektrik

Blah

DBT
Use this thread for all discussion of the Aspertia City Gym/Eelektrik and Mewtwo EX/Eelektrik decks. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs. This does not include the Eelektirk deck based around Rayquaza EX.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means of adding to the discussion. Don't post decklists here for advice.

All discussion not related to these decks will be moved or deleted. All shallow or uninformed discussion will also be deleted by the mods.

RE: Eelektrik Toolbox

This decks stats so far:
1st place - 9
2nd place - 8
3rd/4th place - 15
= 32 total Top 4's

It has represented itself fairly well, and has the same amount of City Championship Top 2's as DarkraiEX/Hydreigon does, with 13 less appearances overall.

I found it interesting that this still did well despite the prevalence of Landorus EX. Tornadus EX serves as a fairly good check to it, and Mewtwo can function well on its own even if the Eels do get taken out.

I would like to ask how people make this consistent though. Whenever I play Eels, I always seem to whiff supporters and search cards to get the Eels going, even though I run 14 supporters, Computer Search, 3 Ultra Ball, and 3 Level Ball.

This is my list that I'm most likely playing for Regionals and it works perfectly for me.

3 Mewtwo EX
2 Zekrom BW
2 TORNADUS EX
4-4 Eel
1 Emolga
1 Zapdos (hate all u want)
-17 Pokemon-
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla (hate all u want)
3 Random Receiver
1 CP Search
1 Super Rod
2 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
3 Switch
4 Catcher
2 Pokemon Center
2 Eviolite
-32 Trainers
4 DCE
7 Lightning
-11 Energy-

Zapdos has always worked out well for me on TCGO. The snipe attack has won me many games.

Another one I like to use is Zekrom EX. It's a good tech against terrakion, blastoise, and hydreigon. I only use one, but it's nice to have.

Emolga is also good. Gets out eels and can even do a little damage if you need it.

grantm1999 said:

Why would anyone hate on Skyla? Skyla's the second best Trainer in format, next to Catcher. Any deck that doesn't play Skyla doesn't cut it.

With Eels, don't most people favor Bianca or Cheren instead of Random Receiver? Seeing as you discard most of the cards in your deck. ^I prefer Raikou as a sniper instead of Zapdos, more HP, free retreat with Skyarrow Bridge and does more damage. I'm just curious as you why you placed it in.

Zangoose said:
grantm1999 said:

Why would anyone hate on Skyla? Skyla's the second best Trainer in format, next to Catcher. Any deck that doesn't play Skyla doesn't cut it.

That's a total lie... I've seen decks not play either of them, and make top cut in regionals. And no, Skyla is down the list more than second best trainer lol. And why wouldn't you hate on Skyla, it's caused too much game losses for Skyla'ing for a N, and you put your hand down :|.

Even at that the best Trainer is Catcher, then Max Potion, then Juniper/N, then Skyla.

DSJ said:
With Eels, don't most people favor Bianca or Cheren instead of Random Receiver? Seeing as you discard most of the cards in your deck. ^I prefer Raikou as a sniper instead of Zapdos, more HP, free retreat with Skyarrow Bridge and does more damage. I'm just curious as you why you placed it in.

I recently replaced Zapdos w/ Baby--ray in my deck irl, just trying it out to help in some matchups. I played Zapdos over Raikou in the first place because I needed to buffer Tynamo starts more for Landorus, and Zapdos resists Fighting while Raikou is weak to it. Zapdos can consistently attack under Garbodor, and can take less Energy (A Lightning and DCE). Also, I don't play Skyarrow, So that weakens Raikou a lot.

Also @ MrGatr: Which decks have done well without Catcher? Are you talking about when Vileplume UD was in
the format?

No, just this last month one of my friends screwed up with his decklist, and he had to remove his catchers (always seems they take the beating for messed up decklists lol) and he took first, and the next one, he removed them to see if it was luck, and he top 4'd. IDK what deck he was playing.

Eelektrik Toolbox

MrGatr said:
Zangoose said:

That's a total lie... I've seen decks not play either of them, and make top cut in regionals. And no, Skyla is down the list more than second best trainer lol. And why wouldn't you hate on Skyla, it's caused too much game losses for Skyla'ing for a N, and you put your hand down :|.

Even at that the best Trainer is Catcher, then Max Potion, then Juniper/N, then Skyla.

Ugh. You say why wouldn't you hate on skyla when it causes game losses? Ever think that it was the persons stupidity that caused that? A deck that doesn't play skyla did well at regionals, because it wasn't legal for regionals. You'll see in the next couple weeks, trust me.

Actaully, if your opponent doesn't clarify what their doing, you both get a caution for state of game. I.E the girl I was play played Ultra Ball, then Skyla, and I thought she was discarding it, and grabbed out N, while I went to move my stuff, and said N... No stupidity there.

Welp screw the regionals things, maybe it was just cities.

Remember to keep the discussion related to Eels guys.

Skyla always seems to be a double edged sword for me, especially in a deck like Eels that doesn't need to pull of something like a Rare Candy combo, which Skyla certainly helps with. On one side, it is, as Zangoose said, a fantastic Supporter that can basically search out half your deck. On the other side though, you sometimes want a draw supporter (which would mean replacing Skyla with RR) rather than just searching one card. As of now, Skyla outclasses RR is pretty much everything due to its search power, but there's definitely disadvantages to it, especially in Eels where getting a Juniper can be crucial at times.

Skyla should get better if when Bicycle comes out. That way it can be draw support or a crucial trainer. It may not be as many cards but at least you can get something

I'm amazed on how well zekrom has performed vs landorus in my build. I wonder if zekrom will increase in play in any eels builds.

spiritomb said:
I'm amazed on how well zekrom has performed vs landorus in my build. I wonder if zekrom will increase in play in any eels builds.

Zekrom is a boss, especially with eviolite. I'm surprised he doesn't see more play.

also counters tornadus and sigilyph incredibly well, and those are two cards with some of the most play.

Back