Pokemon Ash's Pikachu IV Counting

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait
Hello everyone,
Today I bring you my thoughts on Ash's Pikachu, recently released by Toys R Us as a promotional event. Before I get into my thoughts, and more importantly, my ambitious plan, I'd like to explain why I am doing all of this. Please read it all, as you may be able to help me.

I have not watched the Pokemon anime in years. I used to watch it when I was younger, but I did grow out of it (unlike the games, of course). I used to love Ash's Pikachu... I really fell in love with it. I even cried in the movie starring Mew and Mewtwo when Pikachu was being hit in the face by the bad Pikachu (please remember, I was young).

Anyway, when I heard about this event, I was absolutely thrilled. I could finally have part of what I loved about Pokemon in the games I still love to play. I went to Toys R Us and proudly downloaded four of them (for each of my games).

Now, I got home and decided that I would EV train the one in Soul Silver (my main game at the moment) in Speed and Attack. I felt like this would showcase what I've learned about competitive play with what I've always loved.

I was wrong, plain and simple. I trained Pikachu's Speed EVs to 255, and it felt wrong. I felt as though this was really Ash's Pikachu, and I knew that Ash didn't specifically train his Pikachu in Speed and Attack.

Now, here's where my plan begins. I have three other Pikachus. I plan on keeping this one with it's full Speed EVs, but I have another plan for a different Pikachu. I know for one that Ash's Pikachu never had Pokerus, so I will be using one of my other three.

Onto the point, I have decided to completely replicate every sincle Effort Value Ash's Pikachu has received over it's long and seemingly endless journey through the World of Pokemon. Yes, that means that I will be watching every single episode and movie ever created and logging all of the EVs Pikachu gained with every Pokemon it made faint until I reach 510.

This, in short, is ambitious. I plan on tallying up every single Effort Value as I watch Pikachu dominate. For all I know, I won't even reach 510 EVs. I know full well that Pikachu doesn't KO a Pokemon in every episode, and this may continue to drag on through Unova.

Now, I want to hear all of your opinions, but I also want to know if there are any LEGAL websites or sources where I could obtain every single episode and movie in chronological order by season. I want to be extremely organized to assure my time and effort into this project does not go to waste.

Please add your insight, as this project really does mean something to me. I hope that people here will be behind me on this one. Personally, I think it would be a true feat to own an exact replica of the Pikachu Ash is currently fighting through Unova with.

Thank you all, and God bless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[IMG=260x200]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh80/GuardianofAuraGirl/Pokemon/Ash_and_pikachu.png[/IMG]

The project has begun! I will be posting a time line here to keep track of every single EV Pikachu earns.

Pikachu's Current EV Totals:
3 HP
26 Attack
18 Defense
4 Special Attack
7 Special Defense
64 Speed

CURRENT TOTAL: 122

Episode 1
Pokemon Defeated: Spearow 48x
This was a difficult episode to break down. Pikachu defeated a single Spearow before destroying an entire flock. In a couple still frames, I counted exactly 47 Spearow. Putting them together, Pikachu defeated 48 Spearow for a total of 48 EVs in Speed (quite remarkable for the first episode of Pokemon, if I do say so myself!).
CURRENT EVs: 48

Episode 2
Pokemon Defeated: Meowth, Ekans, Koffing
This is the first episode where Team Rocket was defeated, specifically by Pikachu's doing. Pikachu earned a Speed EV from Meowth, an Attack EV from Ekans, and a Defense EV from Koffing.
CURRENT EVs: 51

Episode 3
Pokemon Defeated: Ekans, Koffing
Another Team Rocket defeat, this time by Caterpie. HOWEVER, Pikachu was involved in the battle on the first turn where it took a Sludge attack from Koffing. Ash proceeded to switch Pikachu out after it was hit, but since both Ekans and Koffing were on the field of battle while Pikachu was, Pikachu gained an Attack EV from Ekans and a Defense EV from Koffing.
CURRENT EVs: 53

Episode 4
Pokemon Defeated: N/A
Pikachu did not defeat any Pokemon in this episode, therefore receiving no EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 53

Episode 5
Pokemon Defeated: Geodude
Ash decided he was going to take on the Pewter City gym leader, Brock. He lost the first battle, but Pikachu managed to defeat Geodude in the second. While Ash did get the badge from Brock, and Brock did acknowledge defeat, Onix was never taken out. It would have died in one more shot, but Brock's 10 brothers and sisters wouldn't let Ash fight on. Ash felt bad about it, and surrendered. However, Geodude was still defeated.
CURRENT EVs: 54

Episode 6
Although Team Rocket engaged Ash and Brock in a battle, they fled before any Pokemon fainted. Therefore, Pikachu is still at 54 EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 54

Episode 7
Pokemon Defeated: Meowth
Pikachu fired of a Thunderbolt that sent Meowth and the Rockets blasting off again, and because of Pikachu's achievement, it earned a well-deserved Speed EV.
CURRENT EVs: 55

Episode 8
Pikachu did not fight in this episode, and therefore gained no EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 55

Episode 9
Pokemon Defeated: Cubone
Pikachu defeated Jazelle's Cubone is somewhat of a fluke battle... Pikachu won using no electric attacks, but played "dirty" like the Cubone did. Pikachu beat down the Cubone and brought it to tears and defeat, proudly earning itself a Defense EV.
CURRENT EVs: 56

Episode 10
Pikachu nearly defeated Bulbasaur, but Ash caught it before it was fully defeated. Pikachu did not earn any EVs in this episode.

Episode 11
While Pikachu did manage to defeat Damien, I didn't see him on the official Pokedex. Therefore, Pikachu gained no EVs in this episode.

Episode 12
Pokemon Defeated: Squirtle
Early in the episode, Pikachu unleashed an electric attack on one of the Squirtle Squad. The Squirtle fell to the ground completely fried, and it needed to be carried away by its Squirtle companions. Therefore, Pikachu defeated the Squirtle and earned a Defense EV.
CURRENT EVs: 57

Episode 13
Pikachu did not battle in this episode, and thus gained no EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 57

Episode 14
Pokemon Defeated: Raichu
As if this Pikachu wasn't enough of a Speed Demon, it managed to defeat Lt. Surge's Raichu for an additional 3 Speed EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 60

Episode 15
While Pikachu "enlightened" Team Rocket and Meowth's day, the Rockets aren't Pokemon and Meowth was not completely defeated. Therefore, Pikachu gained no EVs.

Episode 16
Pikachu did not fight a single battle, and therefore earned no EVs.

Episode 17
Following the trend of... well... nothing, Pikachu did not earn a single EV in this episode.

Episode 18
In the infamous banned episode, Pikachu did no battling whatsoever. Therefore, once again, no EVs were earned.

Episode 19
Pokemon Defeated: Tentacool 7x
Ah... FINALLY breaking the chain of nothing, Pikachu manages to defeat 7 Tentacool. While there was a monstrous army, a single framed showed Pikachu only zapping 7 of them, while Ash's other Pokemon defeat numerous others. Since Pikachu only engaged 7 of the Tentacool in battle, it earned 7 Special Defense EVs (a healthy change!).
CURRENT EVs: 67

Episode 20
Pokemon Defeated: Tentacool 7x
Pikachu did not battle or defeat any Pokemon in this episode, and therefore gained no EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 67

Episode 21
Pokemon Defeated: Meowth
Pikachu completely destroyed Team Rocket's helicopter, which included Meowth. Due to Meowth's fainting, Pikachu earned another Speed EV.
CURRENT EVs: 68

Episode 22
Pikachu couldn't defeat Sabrina's Kadabra, and therefore earned no EVs in this episode.

Episode 23
Pikachu did not battle at all in this episode, thus did not earn any EVs.

Episode 24
This was a disappointment. I was really hoping Pikachu would be able to defeat Kadabra. However, Kadabra was unable to battle due to excessive laughter. Therefore, Kadabra was not defeated, and although Ash did get the win, Pikachu did not earn any EVs.

Episode 25
Pikachu did not earn any EVs in this episode, as no battles took place.

Episode 26
Following the trend, Pikachu did not battle and therefore gained no EVs.

Episode 27
Once again, Pikachu did not battle, nor did it receive any EVs.

Episode 28
Pokemon Defeated: Meowth, Ekans, Koffing
While it was Vulpix who destroyed Team Rocket, including Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing of course, Pikachu was fully engaged in the battle, and therefore earned a Speed EV, Attack EV, and Defense EV.
CURRENT EVs: 71

Episode 29
Although Pikachu rigged Team Rocket's electric bomb to blow up on themselves, it was not a battle Pikachu was engaged in, and therefore Pikachu gained no EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 71

Episode 30
Pokemon Defeated: Grimer
While a freaking gigantic pile of Grimer was shocked into submission, they all fled. However, Pikachu did KO one of them with a Thundershock before the horde was defeated, and therefore earned an HP EV.
CURRENT EVs: 72

Episode 31
Pokemon Defeated: Arbok, Weezing
Ah, as Team Rocket's Ekans and Koffing evolved into Arbok and Weezing, we will hopefully see a boost in EVs moving forward.
In the battle that took place, Arbok and Weezing were sent out against Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Pikachu fired off a Thunderbolt which missed. Arbok and Weezing dug underground and got annihilated by the Diglett and Dugtrio. Although Pikachu did not kill either, it was fully engaged against both of them, and therefore gets 2 Attack EVs and 2 Defense EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 76

Episode 32
While battles took place, Pikachu was not in any of them, and thus received no EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 76

Episode 33
While Pikachu didn't directly attack or defeat Arbok or Weezing, it was fully engaged in battle taking a Glare attack from Arbok. Therefore, Pikachu earned 2 Attack EVs and 2 Defense EVs.
NOTE: Meowth was defeated, but it was never engaged in battle. Therefore, Pikachu gained no Speed EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 80

Episode 34
On a non-Pikachu related note, this was a sad episode until the end. This is one of the few where I actually felt touched at the end... which is impressive for a Pokemon episode.
Anyway, Pikachu didn't defeat any Pokemon and therefore gained no EVs.

Episode 35
It was interesting watching this episode in Japanese, as it was one of the banned episodes. Pikachu did not battle, and therefore received no EVs.

Episode 36
Another great episode... in which Pikachu didn't battle. No EVs were earned.

Episode 37
Although Team Rocket went blasting off, Pikachu indirectly caused it, and therefore received no EVs.

Episode 38
This was a very cool episode... honestly one of the best, in my opinion. I'm really disappointed that it was banned in the US. However, Pikachu did not battle in it, and therefore received no EVs.

Episode 39
This truly was a touching episode... I really have no words for this description.

Episode 40
Pokemon Defeated: Meowth, Arbok, Weezing
Pikachu did not directly take out Team Rocket, but was fully engaged in the battle when they were defeated. Therefore, Pikachu gained 1 Speed EV, 2 Attack EVs, and 2 Defense EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 85

Episode 41
Pikachu did not battle, and therefore received no EVs.

Episode 42
Apparently Pikachu likes ketchup? Cool. Unfortunately, though, Pikachu doesn't earn EVs for liking ketchup.

Episode 43
Pikachu was not involved in any battles in this episode, and therefore received no EVs.

Episode 44
Pokemon Defeated: Paras, Charmeleon
This was interesting. Ash's Charmeleon got out of control. Pikachu unleashed a Thunderbolt and completely annihilated it. It fainted, and thus Pikachu earned a Special Attack EV and a Speed EV.
Pikachu also managed to defeat Paras at the beginning of the episode, and also received an Attack EV.
CURRENT EVs: 88

Episode 45
Pikachu did not battle in this episode, and therefore received no EVs.

Episode 46

Episode 47
Pokemon Defeated: Dodrio
During the episode, Ash and Pikachu are helping the doctor at the hospital heal the injured Pokemon. To "sedate" a Dodrio, Ash has Pikachu knock it out cold with a Thunderbolt. Therefore, since it was a KO, Pikachu earned 2 Attack EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 90

Episode 48
Pokemon Defeated: Vileplume
While Pikachu didn't actually make Vileplume faint, when Vileplume was in the process of fleeing after being fully engaged in battle, it fainted. Therefore, since Pikachu was fully engaged in the battle and Vileplume fainted, Pikachu gained 3 Special Attack EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 93

Episode 49
Pikachu didn't battle at all in this episode, and therefore received no EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 93

Episode 50
Pokemon Defeated: Meowth, Arbok, Weezing
This was a tough episode to judge. Pikachu used a Thunderbolt against Meowth, Arbok and Weezing which reduced them to a pile. They were all motionless except for Meowth, who managed to twitch out a couple words before a jump cut.
However, since all three of the Pokemon were, in essence, defeated. I do think that Pikachu earned a Speed EV, 2 Attack EVs, and 2 Defense EVs.
Pikachu also defeated Meowth in a later battle where Meowth clearly was defeated. This earned Pikachu an additional Speed EV.
CURRENT EVs: 99

Episode 51
This episode was really focused on Bulbasaur. Because of this, Pikachu didn't battle and therefore gained no EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 99

Episode 52
Pokemon Defeated: Fearow, Arbok, Weezing, Meowth
PIKACHU HAS FINALLY HIT 100 EVS! I'm now 1/5th of the way there! Thanks again for all of your support thus far. :)
In this episode, Pikachu defeated all of these four Pokemon in a tournament. Fearow, if you didn't notice, is the only Pokemon not owned by Team Rocket that was visibly defeated in the competition. The other three are from Team Rocket. Pikachu destroyed all of them in a matter of seconds. With all four of those Pokemon defeated, Pikachu earned 3 Speed EVs, 2 Attack EVs, and 2 Defense EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 106

Episode 53
Pikachu did not battle in this episode and therefore received no EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 106

Episode 54
Pokemon Defeated: Growlithe 4x
In this episode, Pikachu shocked a ton of Growlithe. However, Pikachu only visibly defeated four of them. Therefore, Pikachu earned 4 Attack EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 110

Episode 55

Episode 56

Episode 57
Pokemon Defeated: Raticate
While infiltrating Team Rocket's secret operation, Pikachu defeated a Raticate and earned 2 Speed EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 112

Episode 58
Pokemon Defeated: Rhydon
Pikachu managed to defeat Blaine's Rhydon at Cinnabar Island, thus earning two additional Attack EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 114

Episode 59
CURRENT EVs: 114

Episode 60
Pokemon Defeated: Jigglypuff
Pikachu and Squirtle managed to destroy the Jigglypuff in Blastoise's Hydro Cannon. Jigglypuff went flying out with "swirly" eyes completely defeated after the Water Gun + Thundershock combo. Therefore, Pikachu earned 2 HP EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 116

Episode 61
Pokemon Defeated: Arbok
During the show at the Cerulean Gym, Pikachu electrified Arbok and the rest of Team Rocket into the skies. Because of this, Pikachu earned two Attack EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 118

Episode 62
Pikachu did not battle in this episode, therefore receiving no EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 118

Episode 63
For Ash's Earth Badge battle, he had Pikachu unleash a Thunderbolt on Team Rocket's 5 Pokemon. 3 of them fled, but Arbok and Weezing were defeated. Therefore, Pikachu earned two Attack EVs and two Defense EVs.
CURRENT EVs: 122

Episode 64

Episode 65

Episode 66

Episode 67

Episode 68

Episode 69

Episode 70
Pikachu did not battle in this episode and therefore received no EVs... unless Ash counts as a Pokemon. He did take a Thunderbolt!

XieRH

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Ash's Pikachu

logging all of the EVs Pikachu gained with every Pokemon it made faint

You don't earn EVs by fainting opponents, you earn them by encounters. You would have to factor in every pokemon that pikachu ever faced in battle, not just the ones that it successfully fainted.

Have fun documenting. Here's a headstart: 500 wild spearow in Ep1, TR's koffing and ekans in Ep2.

safariblade

Video Gamer
Advanced Member

Like XieRH said, except that you will not gain EVpoints in battles where EXP is not gained. Like in the battle tower or whatever. But I do believe he is right. You gain them from encounters. That would explain why you can EV train two pokemon by switching in on battles.

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of

^rofl. i was about to say that lol. are you going to count how many times pikachu beat team rocket? will you be counting the movies to? if so you have to get all the legendaries. i believe in a recent episode they encountered deoxy's. you have some work to do to pull this off.

ive always wondered about ashes pikachu. is it lvl 100, obviously not because it still loses to the first gym leaders yet it manages to beat lances dragonite

safariblade

Video Gamer
Advanced Member

I bet you will get to 510 before Jhoto haha.
Its a good idea though. How many EVs does Pikachu get for thunder bolting a billion sparrows in the beginning? That maxes out speed right there.

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait

You guys are right, and I did consider that. My wording XieRH quoted generally meant any Pokemon it encountered. Consider that a slip of the tongue.

^rofl. i was about to say that lol. are you going to count how many times pikachu beat team rocket? will you be counting the movies to? if so you have to get all the legendaries. i believe in a recent episode they encountered deoxy's. you have some work to do to pull this off.

ive always wondered about ashes pikachu. is it lvl 100, obviously not because it still loses to the first gym leaders yet it manages to beat lances dragonite
Every single encounter Pikachu was involved in where a Pokemon fainted will be counted until I get to 510 EVs, which essentially finishes the project.

I do plan on training the Pikachu to level 100. Red's was 88 in Johto. Whether or not Ash's Pikachu is REALLY level 100 isn't that big of a deal to me, as we have no facts on what level it truly is.

Have fun documenting. Here's a headstart: 500 wild spearow in Ep1, TR's koffing and ekans in Ep2.
Haha, I do appreciate this. Consider Pikachu's Speed maxed out already!

catutie

^ that is because they couldnt put a lvl 100 in the game. that would 1 be unfair to new people and 2 would give insane amounts of exp, although maybe not because its a pikachu but it would at least give 6000. it would just be abused. i think you would be done before episode....uh lets say 75

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait

Speaking of the episodes, Bulbapedia has a catalog of apparently all of the episodes in the anime. I think I will use that to back up my "research" actually watching the episodes. They give detailed synopses for each episode, and that should include play-by-play for each battle.

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait

^ serebii also has that....if bulbapedia doesnt work out
Thanks for mentioning that. I took a quick look at Serebii and it didn't seem that descriptive. That's not a huge deal though, as I do plan on watching all the episodes I need.

Thominator

Arriving Somewhere, But Not Here

pokemonepisode.org has all the episodes and movies, in chronological order.

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait

From this point on, I will be continually updating the time line on my first post for organization's sake. I hope there are many of you following this project, as I'm thrilled to be doing it!

47bennyg

Hmmmm

BlueEyedSteelix, I gotta hand it to you. This is a crazy awesome idea. I definitely will be following this.

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait

BlueEyedSteelix, I gotta hand it to you. This is a crazy awesome idea. I definitely will be following this.
Thanks a ton dude for your post, and I really do appreciate your encouragement :). I also think this is a great idea, and I'm thrilled that people like it too.
To be honest, my favorite part of this project is re-living my childhood watching the Indigo League again. It really is nostalgic.

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait

ash's pikachu is super person tail whip is not an attackToungueToungueToungueToungueLightningLightningLightningSadSadSad
Not gonna lie, I read your comment three times before I understood what you said.
Don't hate on Pikachu, it was Ash making the calls!

catutie

^ i had to read it a couple times to rofl. i thought he knew iron tail, volt tackle, thunderbolt, and uh....hold on i havnt watched the show in a while...quick attack? did it ever know tail whip? ashes pikachu can kick major anus. you try and take out 500 spearows at like lvl 5 exactly lol. caint wait for your results and updates.

Ashebull

CAN'T. STOP. FLYING!

You seem to be making alot of effort to imitates Ash's pikachu, I suggest making it learn Volt Tackle.

Inigo Montoya

Hatman/Imakuni?/Not Not-TDL

It already KNOWS Volt Tackle >.> At least the event one does, which is the one he's training.

Anyways, I got 4 Pikachu also, which I am excited about. I may have to EV train one of them like you are doing and copy the EVs once you are done. I'm in full support, and love the idea :)

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait

^ i had to read it a couple times to rofl. i thought he knew iron tail, volt tackle, thunderbolt, and uh....hold on i haven't watched the show in a while...quick attack? did it ever know tail whip? ashes pikachu can kick major anus. you try and take out 500 spearows at like lvl 5 exactly lol. caint wait for your results and updates.
You are correct, those are the moves it knows. It did use Tail Whip in a few episodes, but I'm pretty sure it was done with that move pretty quickly.
You seem to be making alot of effort to imitates Ash's pikachu, I suggest making it learn Volt Tackle.
I am, and it already knows Volt Tackle. :)
It already KNOWS Volt Tackle >.> At least the event one does, which is the one he's training.

Anyways, I got 4 Pikachu also, which I am excited about. I may have to EV train one of them like you are doing and copy the EVs once you are done. I'm in full support, and love the idea Smile
Haha, feel free to copy it. The reason I'm sharing this project with everyone is to get others to follow in my footsteps as far as owning Ash's real Pikachu, and so the EV spread of Ash's true Pikachu gets out there. I'm glad you love the idea, thank you. :)

As far as updates go, I will be updating my initial post as I watch the episodes. Every once in a while I'll also leave a new post here to bump the thread and so people who are following this are aware of the updates.

Thank you, I hope those of you who are following this are enjoying it!