Ash Ketchum Finally Wins a Pokemon League! Will His Anime Run End?

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
I would love to see Ash in the next series — but as the professor!
Hear me out. After winning a league, Ash’s dreams are finalized, and he retires from the trainer life. However, he loves Pokémon so much that, years later after he’s (finally) grown up, he becomes a Pokémon Professor and begins the journey of the next generation of trainers. This, in my opinion would be both an amazing twist and a suitable, victorious end for the character.

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
Why Pokémon! He should have won three seasons ago! But I guess for Pokémon’s to move on then Ash has to win... But still in one of the worst seasons of the show....

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I mean, he was offered the title of Frontier Brain, which imo exceeds any Champion title haha.

Side note: #BringBackBattleFrontier pleaaasssseeeeee GameFreak ;___;

AlphaTheKineticGuardian

Aspiring Trainer
Hear me out. After winning a league, Ash’s dreams are finalized, and he retires from the trainer life. However, he loves Pokémon so much that, years later after he’s (finally) grown up, he becomes a Pokémon Professor and begins the journey of the next generation of trainers. This, in my opinion would be both an amazing twist and a suitable, victorious end for the character.

This is where the bombshell is dropped that Pikachu was finally willing to evolve, with the kicker that he becomes Alolan Raichu as a memento of Alola and Ash becoming champion there

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
The problem with that is that Ash will be 10 years old for eternity.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Unbelieveable scenes, as a watcher and avid fan since 99 this is going to be an emotional watch... but did see it coming sits perfect with the 'grand tour' vibe of next series being a victory lap for him before a final hyper emotional goodbye then setting up nicely for galar region series with a new main character..

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Ash will leave the anime? SIGN ME UP, BOIS!!

I am not surprised if Ash will continue to Galar, Galar is a region where Pokemon battles are popular and did even broadcast it on TV. That would be unfair if a champ of a previous region would crush the Galar league. Fans will hate it, especially those salty Marnie fans.

Why Pokémon! He should have won three seasons ago! But I guess for Pokémon’s to move on then Ash has to win... But still in one of the worst seasons of the show....
Well good thing I don't watch anime anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This is crap. He doesn't deserve this win at all.

Otaku

The wise fool?
However, Ash’s victory comes with some fear from longtime Pokemon anime fans.

Aye, the fear they'll reboot or gloss over it and "reset" yet again is strong. Here's hoping this victory does signify them finally letting Ash move on. ;)

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
This is crap. He doesn't deserve this win at all.
Look:
Ash basically had the win TWICE.
First time, in Sinnoh, ash made it to top 8, with an amazing team, only to be beat by this Tobias guy who has a freaking LATIOS AND DARKRAI. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
Then, in Kalos, he makes it TO THE FINALS, and somehow his greninja loses to a charizard. A FREAKING FIRE TYPE. Ash used múltiple water moves, to the point that if you played this out in a simulator ash would’ve won.
Pokemon has cheated him out of two wins, he completely deserves this one.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I'm honestly conflicted here about this whole situation. While I think Ash deserved a bone thrown at him; he won with arguably one of his worst teams ever. And after the okey-doke that was Kalos; naturally everyone went into it with trepidation. The fandom's fear was that Alola was going to be Kalos 2.0, or like a redux with a slightly different budget.

I don't watch the anime anymore (haven't for years), but it's nice to finally see him win something that's not the Orange Islands, or the Battle Frontier. But, you have to think; is this decision to make Ash win the league a pivot move for the upcoming anime? Or will it be yet another okey-doke and they have two anime running concurrently?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Look:
First time, in Sinnoh, ash made it to top 8, with an amazing team, only to be beat by this Tobias guy who has a freaking LATIOS AND DARKRAI. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
Then, in Kalos, he makes it TO THE FINALS, and somehow his greninja loses to a charizard. A FREAKING FIRE TYPE. Ash used múltiple water moves, to the point that if you played this out in a simulator ash would’ve won.

Who cares? Hau got robbed.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Look:
Ok, technically, that Mega Charizard was a dragon type. At least it is in the TCG.

Celever

Wheeeee~
Ok, technically, that Mega Charizard was a dragon type. At least it is in the TCG.
This is a good point (I don't watch the anime any more so I didn't know). If Hau used a Charizard-Mega-X then it was a Fire/Dragon type, meaning Water-Type attacks hit it neutrally.

Either way it doesn't matter: Pokémon doesn't care for type matchups. Since the power of friendship can make the impossible possible, and there's use of tactics that exist outside of the main series games anyway, type matchups take a back seat to everything else. Think "aim for the horn", where a Ground-Type Pokémon was damaged by an Electric-Type attack. That shouldn't be possible if type matchups exist in the anime as they do in wider Pokémon.

It's cool that Ash won. There's a good chance I'll try the next series of the anime again if they retire Ash, since he was a significant contributing factor to how monotonous the show was becoming. Only so much narrative potential can be accomplished with travelling between checkpoints and having some sort of climactic battle, so I hope the formula is shaken up more than is expected. The idea that Ash is a Pokémon professor is also cool.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Bro, Hau is a pushover.
Probably the worst rival. His personality is good, but he doesn’t understand how type adv. works.
Sure thing, "bro." He still got robbed.