Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Chansey, Articuno, Zapdos ex, and Moltres have been revealed on ads for Pokemon Card 151 at Japan’s Pokemon Centers! The set will release in Japan on June 16th. We expect to it release internationally as a special set this fall.
Thanks goes to JustInBasil for the translations!
Chansey – Colorless – HP110
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Lucky Bonus
If you took this Pokemon as a face-down Prize card and your Bench isn’t full, before you put it into your hand, you may put it onto your Bench and flip a coin. If heads, take 1 more Prize card.
[C][C][C] Gentle Slap: 70 damage.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2...

Continue reading...

Jaxolotl

The Mashup King. https://www.youtube.com/@Jaxolotl
I LOVE THE CHANSEY!!! Pair a full set of those with peonia and you have got yourself a winning game. Question though. Does the effect only work once no matter how many you get, or is it per chancey you take.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I LOVE THE CHANSEY!!! Pair a full set of those with peonia and you have got yourself a winning game. Question though. Does the effect only work once no matter how many you get, or is it per chancey you take.
It's once per Chansey.

The coin flip ruins its viability, but it's necessary to prevent becoming broken with Peonia. If Blissey SV1 were better I wouldn't feel so bad about it, but all in all I don't think it's worth rolling the dice for.

Zapdos ex looks promising but there aren't a whole lot of ways to proc the Bench damage. Maybe later...

Nirvanna21

Mew.
That is the Articuno that I would LOVE to see as an illustration rare, been wanting one for the longest of time and chibi knows how to deliver!

creg22

Aspiring Trainer
I wish they would have not given zapdos an ex here, and saved it for a set later with all 3 birds as exs.

It is cool ro see that all 3 are weak to lightning but resist fighting, I wouldn't have minded seeing all three as colorless cards especially with the wording of their abilities

Bid

Steel-type Trainer
It's once per Chansey.

The coin flip ruins its viability, but it's necessary to prevent becoming broken with Peonia. If Blissey SV1 were better I wouldn't feel so bad about it, but all in all I don't think it's worth rolling the dice for.

Zapdos ex looks promising but there aren't a whole lot of ways to proc the Bench damage. Maybe later...
I have same thoughts about Zapdos but with this hp and lightning weakness its unplayable, even with charm of courage.

TrainerSkitz

Aspiring Trainer
It's once per Chansey.

Gapejaw Bog, Hawlucha, Starmie from the same set, Radiant Charjabug. There's plenty of ways
I wish they would have not given zapdos an ex here, and saved it for a set later with all 3 birds as exs.

It is cool ro see that all 3 are weak to lightning but resist fighting, I wouldn't have minded seeing all three as colorless cards especially with the wording of their abilities
The zapdos doesn't do anything worthy of giving 2 prizes should have just been a basic like the other 2

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Chansey - basically bootleg PS Jirachi. 3
Articuno/Zapdos ex/Moltres - basically too powerless to not worth having an ability. Zapdos only KO things like Kirlia on the bench, and Moltres being a decent sniper. 3/3/3

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I am kind of split on these legendary birds. On one hand, I appreciate that they all are tied together mechanically. On the other, I feel like any fan of any particular bird will be disappointed that it's hardly standing on it's own, rather than being a part of the trio.
And the fact that only Zapdos is ex is a bit unfitting.

As for playablity, maybe Zapdos ex can be tried out in Miraidon? That deck does like to leave some of the tankier Pokemon at low HP, especially if the draw isn't too great. A cheeky Zapdos ex + Boss can help you get three/four prizes and finish the game.

Bid

Steel-type Trainer
I am kind of split on these legendary birds. On one hand, I appreciate that they all are tied together mechanically. On the other, I feel like any fan of any particular bird will be disappointed that it's hardly standing on it's own, rather than being a part of the trio.
And the fact that only Zapdos is ex is a bit unfitting.

As for playablity, maybe Zapdos ex can be tried out in Miraidon? That deck does like to leave some of the tankier Pokemon at low HP, especially if the draw isn't too great. A cheeky Zapdos ex + Boss can help you get three/four prizes and finish the game.
Kinda yes but it’s to situational to be played, maybe one in deck, Raikou, Regi, Magnezone, etc they are just better

bwyattvirtue13

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one disappointed by Zapdos? I figured a legendary ex would be pretty strong. Chien Pao ex is a really good basic ex but this leaves a lot to be desired for me.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Gapejaw Bog, Hawlucha, Starmie from the same set, Radiant Charjabug. There's plenty of ways
I thought about Charjabug but forgot the others, my search-fu failed me on this one. Gapejaw Bog is okay but Hawlucha seems like the easiest way to get some damage out.

I have same thoughts about Zapdos but with this hp and lightning weakness its unplayable, even with charm of courage.
I disagree that it's unplayable. The Lightning Weakness is a little unfortunate but Lightning decks do 200+ damage on the regular so it's not like they need the double damage. Yeah, Raikou needs fewer Benched Pokemon and Raichu V needs to discard fewer Energy but it's not Drapion vs Mew levels of one-sidedness. With so much Lightning acceleration and Energy Switch being a thing, you can easily power this up in one turn out of nowhere to steal two Prizes since your intentions aren't getting broadcast like in the event of benching Magnezone V. It definitely has potential.

That is the Articuno that I would LOVE to see as an illustration rare, been wanting one for the longest of time and chibi knows how to deliver!
I am a big Articuno fan also and I love this artwork, but illustration rares have been hit or miss for me (mostly miss).

koala cub

they/them
chansey doesnt seem viable but i already KNOW someone's beating my on ptcgl with some rng on that card lmao