Aromatisse Variants

I've had some trouble lately with Landorus/Crobat decks. Unless I get a better start than they do, they're able to take out my spritzees. Mr. Mime only slows this down a little, because of the direct damage.

Best strategy I've found is to hope I can get out a Keldeo and two rainbow energies, and target the Landoruses before they can do much damage. This isn't reliable.

Anyone have suggestions for taking on this deck?

Is it best not to bench the Spritzee? IDRK about Aromatisse (never used one)... but Blah may have something to say ;).

bbninjas said:
Is it best not to bench the Spritzee? IDRK about Aromatisse (never used one)... but Blah may have something to say ;).

You just lose if you don't get an Aromatisse out. Lando / Bats is a bad matchup and nothing will change that however you stand a chance if you can bench 2 (or even 3) Spritzee at once.

Camoclone said:
Gengar master said:
For the Mega Gardy EX list, I think the Xerneas count should be maxed at 4 because you want to start with Xerneas to get the Fairy Energy in play quickly.

Instead of Combustion Blast Zard EX, I like the Stoke one better because it only takes one fire energy to use it's 120 damage atk.

The thing about Stoke though is that you have to discard an energy (hurts M Gardevoir) and the attack cost is so high. Combustion blast only takes 3 fairy energy and always has the second attack as an option if you really need it. Stoke also can't hit through Aegislash EX. With Combustion Blast instead of Stoke you just slowly deal damage over time while healing off the damage they deal.

Another option is if you are going with the Stoke Zard is to use M Manetric EX and just do it that way. However, that means more different energy but that shouldn't be an issue as M Manetric can act as an accelerator. So you'd use Xerneas to accelerate the Fairy then Fire Blast Zard can take out any Fire Weak Pokemon, retreat to M Manetric and blam for 2 energy back.

Toro googleo said:
Camoclone said:
The thing about Stoke though is that you have to discard an energy (hurts M Gardevoir) and the attack cost is so high. Combustion blast only takes 3 fairy energy and always has the second attack as an option if you really need it. Stoke also can't hit through Aegislash EX. With Combustion Blast instead of Stoke you just slowly deal damage over time while healing off the damage they deal.

Another option is if you are going with the Stoke Zard is to use M Manetric EX and just do it that way. However, that means more different energy but that shouldn't be an issue as M Manetric can act as an accelerator. So you'd use Xerneas to accelerate the Fairy then Fire Blast Zard can take out any Fire Weak Pokemon, retreat to M Manetric and blam for 2 energy back.
The M Manectric version of the deck doesn't actually have a bad metal matchup if you play Combustion Blast Charizard. The thing that I've found about Stoke Charizard is they can slow you down quite a bit with Aegislash EX. The version of the deck that I was talking about was the Gardevoir one and I don't think there is room for M Manectric and M Gardevoir :p.

A more clunky option to combat the fairy weakness to metal pokemon could be the new ancient trait Magcargo. With a muscle band this pokemon can OHKO any metal pokemon, its ancient trait stops enhanced hammer so the rainbow energy would be relativly safe, and if it does get KO'd then it only gives up a single prize instead of the 2 prizes that a charizard EX would give up.

No less then 2-2 Gardevoir M gardevoir line. It depends on the deck after that, if it is a fairybox build I would just go 2-2 if it is just a straight fairy deck then 3-3 would be better. I have also seen a 2-2 M gardevoir line with a 1-1 M Kangaskan line to help give a different weakness and Kangashan EX is a great pokemon to help set up.

M Gardevoir is awesome sauce. I've been tearing off people's faces with him for a few days now. It's ridiculously fun to hit for 240 damage (or whatever). I had trouble at first with slow set up, but after some tuning I think I'm doing much better. This is a fun deck, Gardevoir definitely is what this deck needed.

I've got a 3-3 line in my deck, to answer an above post. If he's your main jam, I would definitely not go with anything less.

I strongly believe that Dedenne PHF should be added to the list of possible pokemon to include, for 2 reasons. His first attack can help fill up the bench which is something you need to do quickly with a fairy deck and his second attack is one of the strongest conters to Lugia EX/Yveltal EX.

ShadowMoses05 said:
I strongly believe that Dedenne PHF should be added to the list of possible pokemon to include, for 2 reasons. His first attack can help fill up the bench which is something you need to do quickly with a fairy deck and his second attack is one of the strongest conters to Lugia EX/Yveltal EX

Dedenne FFI? It's a 2HKO unless the Lugia/Yveltal EX has 5 energy on it. And an yveltal EX can KO it with 2 energy. I prefer Florges-EX, as an Yveltal EX counter; it resists dark, attacks for 2 energy, and can search for a supporter.

MagikarpEX said:
ShadowMoses05 said:
I strongly believe that Dedenne PHF should be added to the list of possible pokemon to include, for 2 reasons. His first attack can help fill up the bench which is something you need to do quickly with a fairy deck and his second attack is one of the strongest conters to Lugia EX/Yveltal EX

Dedenne FFI? It's a 2HKO unless the Lugia/Yveltal EX has 5 energy on it. And an yveltal EX can KO it with 2 energy. I prefer Florges-EX, as an Yveltal EX counter; it resists dark, attacks for 2 energy, and can search for a supporter.

...That is true if the Dedenne does not have a damage-enhancing tool attached: If it has a Muscle Band attached, since Muscle Band is added before W/R calcs, it can OHKO Yveltal-EX with one less energy attached to Yveltal-EX(making the energy needed on Yveltal-EX to allow a Dedenne 1HKO w/ a MB attached to Dedenne equal to four)than the five needed to do so w/o MB. On the other hand, if Dedenne has Silver Bangle attached instead , it can OHKO Yveltal-EX if Yveltal-EX has 3 Energy attached, which is 2 less than the five needed to do so w/o Muscle Band, and 1 less than the four needed to do so w/ MB...

^ Just clarifying the conditions that make your statement true, as if not for the power of pokemon tools such as MB and/or Silver Bangle, your gripes would've been justified... But if a Dedenne has a Muscle Band attached, he could choose to X Ball the Active, KO it, and Dedenne can OHKO, or if the user is smart, he/she could use Y Cyclone to get rid of the DCE and ensure that Dedenne cannot OHKO Yveltal-EX on the Dedenne user's turn... But I can bet that you can figure out the details for yourself...

Camoclone said:
Gengar master said:
For the Mega Gardy EX list, I think the Xerneas count should be maxed at 4 because you want to start with Xerneas to get the Fairy Energy in play quickly.

Instead of Combustion Blast Zard EX, I like the Stoke one better because it only takes one fire energy to use it's 120 damage atk.

^ Cameclone:

^ Stoke Charizard-EX:
11-charizard-ex.jpg

^ Combustion Blast Charizard-EX:

12-charizard-ex.jpg

^ As you can see, Stoke requires 1 Fire/Rainbow, vs. Combustion Blast's 2, and if I'm seeing it correctly, you may have misspoke the Colorless portion of the Attack Cost for Charizard CB. Am I seeing it correctly? If that's true, I assume either the deletion of the CB Charizard mention on the other additions section of metadeck no. 1 on the first post of this thread may be in order due to M-Manectric-EX's ability to take that 1 Fairy discard back by its Turbo Bolt, or due to the coin flip prereq for drawing the 3 energy from Stoke, maybe Charizard CB is more reliable than a card that could potentially break you if the flip goes south and results in tails. What do you think?

^ When I think about Stoke's coin flip req, I also think about the possibility that tails on the stoke flip with both Xerneas prized can mess up your strategy in a way that could potentially cost the stoke user the game due to either bad luck, and/or a ridiculous start by any other metadeck on par with Aromatisse...

edit: Did you mean Wing Attack by your statement, as it's on the same Zard as CB?

^ If so, then the CB variant might be the better of the two after all...

edit2: Thank you, NicoSpot! I was hungry, did not have the energy to stop myself from over-thinking about what the point was. and rushed to dinner with my brain low on fuel. I should have mentioned a better example that will explain why Stoke Zard is worse than the WA+CB Zard: M-Aggron-EX is a better example than Lando/Bats anyway. Without obsessing on details, I can tell you that first Stoke use flip tails + Spirit Link + M-Aggron evolution from Aggron-EX + 2 Bronzong(PHF) + 1 DCE after using Metal Links = Charizard-EXes fall on M-Aggron's attack + first M-Aggron-EX's attack use head flip or 2 M-Aggron-EX attack uses and tails flips on both.

cardgjammer said:
edit: Did you mean Wing Attack by your statement, as it's on the same Zard as CB?

I meant Wing Attack although I refer to the "Wing Attack Charizard" as "Combustion Blast Charizard" :p.

@cardgjammer, that may the most confusing post I have ever read lol. I also don't think it's necessary to obsess over the Landorus/Bats matchup since it's already not great and which Charizard (if any) you choose to pick will have little impact on the macthup. In addition you use a whole lot of "what ifs" in that section which aren't necessarily practical in this situation.

Anyway, I've found my Gardevoir deck to be pretty tight on space, and it's still not running perfectly (when it does though, watch out! :)). If you're worried about the metal matchup I would personally go with Combustion Blast Charizard since it can hit Aegislash, and you still have Max Potions so it can probably take a few hits. However, I'm not including either Zard in my list. I do like the idea of including 1-1 M Kangaskhan, but the fighting weakness might be trouble because of all the fighting decks running around. I'll have to test it out.

I would expect you to simply not bench Kangaskhan if you're versing a [F] deck.

Has M-Diancie been tested with this deck? I just read through the first few posts and noticed its hype to make Fairies top tier, but with Gardevoir-EX, it sorta got pushed away.

I'm not a fan of it. It has no Spirit Link, low HP, and a weak attack you can Lysandre around. You also require Muscle Band to 2hko megas.

Been playing a Gallade EX deck recently with one Mewtwo EX. It's pretty fun, but I find really frustrating when my opponent plays a Kilnklang metal deck. How do I counter Klinklang, any ideas? The only decent attacker in my deck that isn't a pokemon EX is Xerneas, but it has metal weakness :( as most of the deck.

Recommend putting a Gallade from plasma storm or what?

that's not a winnable matchup. There for its going to do horribly against flareon. There's way to much speed in the format to run 3-3 M Gardevoir, run 2-2 and more standard low cost attackers.

Back