Are people being blinded by the G's this Regionals?

Okay again G's are one the best decks out there right now and winning 50% of States is no fluke. Dialga G stops Macheap. Palkia G helps against Gengar(Lost Cyclone putting my pixies out of harm's way). Toxicroak single handely can beat a Machamp deck. Even Honchkrow/Houndoom/Weavile hurt Gengar. With a full bench Weavile G OHKO's Gengar with a dark special. Let's face G's will probably win between 2-5 Regionals. Just face the facts G's no matter how cheap they are they are very good decks that will only get better when the next set comes out.

Not quite. Dialga G Lv. X and Skuntank G will be losing a lot of power soon as more Pokémon-SP will be making the scene.

I'd like to see someone break the freaking monotony though. I don't see why people are so bent on preserving it.

Hands down, Dialga G is the BDIF and we all know that. There isn't an argument to it. I personally think that ends the argument right there but here are some other reasons why G are the best decks out there:
1. Toxitank tech- this is obvious...
2. Deafen lock- just really good and you cannot stop it.
3. Crobat G- it is the super plus power.
4. Cyrus's Conspiracy- it is the new Castaway basically, insainly good.
5. Unown G- again pretty obvious...
6. It is a basic deck- one Roseanne's and you have got 2 of the star Pokemon in you deck out already.
7. Team Galactics Inventions- Power Spray, Poketurn, Energy Gain, these cards are broken.

G decks are truly the best.

Legos and the like will continue to be good if they can handle the mirror match and if they tech for the Machamp matchup.

Gengar is the next hardest matchup, but Palkia G X/Dialga G help that.

Also, sorry for possibly making a total noob comment, but why is nobody teching Devoluter? Against the mirror its dead but it nullifies 1-0-1 tech machamp lines, hurts speedGar pretty bad and helps in other matchups like DuskGar and Amphatric.

Maybe some have tested it and it's garbage and I'm wrong. Just seems like it's full of potential.

There are a ton of G pokes. That is one of the reasons why they win so much. However, don't forget that they also win because they are good decks.

Where do I stand? I say that Deoxys could rock their socks. They were here first.

They're not broken. If they were, they would never lose.

They have a very solid amount of support and a couple great leads. However, they can be outpaced, they don't always open with everything they need, and as soon as Unknown G rotates out, they'll die.

EastbayTrainer said:
Also I hate how everyone is running 1-0-1 machamp lines just for G decks which I think is SO DU<B because its dead draw pretty much. . . maybe to peopel who fear G decks its GOD but to players like me its dead draw I waste of 2 cards and useable against one deck
^ Wha? You seriously don't want to sneak in a complete surprise OHKO onto a Dialga G? I don't know what you're playing.

The OP is acting like Gengar is a bad match-up for Dialga... Gengar struggles with a consistent Dialga deck, as Fainting Spell is too easy to play around (Skunktank), and Dialga is almost unkillable, and Deafen hurts Gengar badly.

I play Gengar, and I can say with confidence, that against a GOOD Dialga G deck, it's not easy work.

Ariadosguy said:
The OP is acting like Gengar is a bad match-up for Dialga... Gengar struggles with a consistent Dialga deck, as Fainting Spell is too easy to play around (Skunktank), and Dialga is almost unkillable, and Deafen hurts Gengar badly.

I play Gengar, and I can say with confidence, that against a GOOD Dialga G deck, it's not easy work.

remember though, ghastly locks YOUR trainers too. G decks are beastly right now, and will continue to be. they are the game mechanic, like delta pokemon in the past, that will dominate the metagame for 1-2 seasons and then die off as the new mechanic comes in. they CAN be beaten, you just need to know your stuff.

Ariadosguy said:

Unfortunately, as stated above, Gastly blocks your Tools and Stadiums, and most G decks tend to have tons of Trainers in their hand equaling bad matchups against Gengar. Weavile can only go so far, as not very many Dialga/Palkia users tech it in. It's basically whoever gets up faster in that case.

dmaster out.

I hate G's like everyone but there are ways around it so just suck it up and play around it. I know we all sit there and say unnown g again but hey its the game. Its one of the most popular cards in the game and we gotta fight against it.

d master342 said:
Ariadosguy said:

Unfortunately, as stated above, Gastly blocks your Tools and Stadiums, and most G decks tend to have tons of Trainers in their hand equaling bad matchups against Gengar. Weavile can only go so far, as not very many Dialga/Palkia users tech it in. It's basically whoever gets up faster in that case.

dmaster out.

Yes, I know that, I'm not stupid. The Gengar player can Pitch-Dark all they want, but it's not doing any damage. Then, once the Gengar player Poltergeists or whatever (and that's if they haven't been Deafened already.. Deafen does only take 2 energy you know), then the Dialga player just uses/gets rid of all the trainers in their hand. Pitch Dark is brutal, I know that, but it doesn't actually get the Gengar player anywhere, it just stalls.

(btw, Gastly doesn't block stadiums)

It doesn't? Ehh, my memory's failing. I find this Gengar vs. SP argument quite similar to Mewtwo Lv.X vs. SP. Mewtwo will no doubt win, so same with Gengar. Stall might not be worth it, but sooner or later, you can get Energy on him and attack for massive damage.

dmaster out.

i disagree with the above post. Mewtwo was considered to be the ultimate anti-G tech, yet all G decks run a 1-1 dialga at least. making mewtwo useless. Resistance hurts the gengar match-up alot. i've tested straight gengar v dialga, and with the combination of poison, crobat, and that deafen does damage, gengar tends to have the short end of the straw.

Ophie said:
Not quite. Dialga G Lv. X and Skuntank G will be losing a lot of power soon as more Pokémon-SP will be making the scene.

I'd like to see someone break the freaking monotony though. I don't see why people are so bent on preserving it.

But as more Pokémon-SP make the scene decks that run them are most likely going to be packing
3-4 Power Spray's to shutdown Claydol and Uxie thus the meta will lose it's main draw engines as decks will become less consistent and slower than ever.

Wiseman. said:
I seriously doubt G's will win 1 regional. I mean, wow, T1 trainer lock for DGLVX! Power lock for Palkia G! It doesn't matter. Powers locked in machamp won't ruin setup.

Well, Dialga G won first and second at Georgia Regionals... even though the first place person played against GeChamp in Top Cut...

SP decks are extremely fast, and can be extremely annoying, especially with Dialga G...being that the majority of them will be using mainly only SP pokemon, it makes for alot of room that can be used in deck building, a good SP deck should never have a problem with not getting basics on 1st turn

poke-blowers are a good counter to pull Dialga G to the front to kill it, but there are way more ways to get them back out...I've got a decent counter for SP decks, but it's a matter of not getting horrible draws and/or out-speeding their SP deck

Machamp requires field manipulation to take out the SP's that aren't protected, either by their own poke-bodies or Unown G...Poke-Blowers, Cyclone Energies, Warp Points, Palkia Lv. X, etc.

Gengar is really iffy...I haven't come across a Gengar deck yet (speed or otherwise) that can beat my AMU rogue consistently enough, and while Gastly free attack is a good way to slow SP decks among others, it won't stop them cold

Mightyena (LA) is a good pokemon to use against SP decks, because it stops unevolved actives in their tracks

Mewtwo Lv. X is another that requires field manipulation to make sure Dialga G doesn't stop it

it's all a matter of being able to stop them from using the supporting cards in the deck and out-speeding them...if you don't, you lose...there are counters to the decks, but there are currently many ways to stop the counters, and being most of the Platinum sets will be adding more and more SP pokemon to the format, it's only gonna get worse

Back