Are people being blinded by the G's this Regionals?

Wiseman.

Gengar will banish you to the Lost Zone.
I don't know about you guys, but everyone is OVERhyping these G decks. They really are not that great when you can consider 2 decks that will stop G's in their tracks.

Machamp: Wow. I don't really see how a G deck could counter this. T1 Machamp and you can KO everything they have in 1 shot with {F}, not giving a crud what they send out because it will be KO'ed. They could never set up.

Gengar: Okay. People are seeing this. KO all the wimpy pixies, Skuntank G's, with Gengar and a few Crobat G.

I seriously doubt G's will win 1 regional. I mean, wow, T1 trainer lock for DGLVX! Power lock for Palkia G! It doesn't matter. Powers locked in machamp won't ruin setup.

IDK, but these decks are blinding people, anyone see this?

Wiseman. said:
I don't know about you guys, but everyone is OVERhyping these G decks. They really are not that great when you can consider 2 decks that will stop G's in their tracks.

Machamp: Wow. I don't really see how a G deck could counter this. T1 Machamp and you can KO everything they have in 1 shot with {F}, not giving a crud what they send out because it will be KO'ed. They could never set up.

Gengar: Okay. People are seeing this. KO all the wimpy pixies, Skuntank G's, with Gengar and a few Crobat G.

I seriously doubt G's will win 1 regional. I mean, wow, T1 trainer lock for DGLVX! Power lock for Palkia G! It doesn't matter. Powers locked in machamp won't ruin setup.

IDK, but these decks are blinding people, anyone see this?

Maybe you're underestimating how good it is? Toxicroak G completely stops Machamp. Gengar is a problem for the deck, but nothing it cannot handle. Definitely it's most difficult matchup.

Also if you can't get the T1 on dialgaG then you it will likely deafen you to death and you won't be able to get your machamp out. What about unown g? I'm sure SP decks will account for machamp and gengar, if they have not already.

I hear G decks won a lot of states

I never play G Pokemon, but I know they're really the force to be reckoned with. Let's face it, Machamp is easily countered by Toxicroak G. Most Dialga G decks tech at least one Toxi and one Tank. Gengar is pretty laughable. 60 snipe to a tech? Fine. I'll PokeTurn my Crobat G, and play it down when you're 10 from getting KOd. Either way, Dialga G is faster and more powerful than Gengar.

Wiseman. said:
I had a great laugh here just to let you know. Palkia G locking powers? Machamp not relying on Powers/Trainers? Hilarious.

I'm not playing G's because there are too many counters, and teching against them makes the list shaky, as well as lowering the chances of a T1 Deafen. However, G's are a force to be afraid of. I've lost games when the only attack my opponent used was Deafen. I've seen G's beat Machamp and I've seen G's win tournaments and games. And there are like 8 Regionals anyway. To assume that they won't win at least one is going too far. Maybe not winning many, but there will be a couple wins by G decks.

Go Pachirisu GE! It PWNS G cards with the exception of Toxicroak and generaly helps setup ANY deck.

Everyone will be playing their cute little G counter decks (90% of those being Machamp and Gengar), and people will then be trying to counter those decks. I'm not really sure who's being the most blinded...

Dialga G Lv.X=TOTAL DOMINATION!

Attacks/Bodies/Powers -

- Deafen; Machamp can not use his candies.
- Second Strike; After a Deafen and a Flash Bite, hit for 70 T2 with Energy Gain.
- Time Crystal; Machamp Lv.X's emergency procedures are turned off.
- Remove Lost; 80 for 3 with Energy Gain, and energy is "Lost".

Statistics -

- 100 Hp; This is awesome for a Basic. Once leveled up, Dialga G has 120, which is backed by Snowpoint to 140, while special metal energy, which you should have at least one, give Dialga G LV.X a virtual 150-180 HP. Good luck taking him down.
- {P} Resistance and {R} Weakness; All of a sudden, Mewtwo and Gengar don't hurt as much. Fire types are a rare sight in New England, although there is the surprise Ninetails MT.
- {C}{C} Retreat; This isn't so bad, and Warp Point and Pokéturn are backup.

Special Aspects -

- Pokémon SP; Powerspray is usable, Energy Gain speeds stuff up, Pokéturn removes all damage when it goes to back to your hand. Say you have a Dialga G with 10HP left. Use Bronzong G to move an energy attached to it to a bench Dialga G, then Pokéturn the damaged one, which gives you back it's energy and Energy Gain, which can be attached to the fresh Dialga G, which is now all ready to use Second Strike.

- Unown G; Ha ha Machamp.

CONCLUSION;

SP Pokémon, especially Dialga G, are the bomb.

Hmmm, let's see:

Machamp - Toxicroak. Sure-fire win.
Gengar - Should have Unown G, if not, you have to play Trainers down fast or lock them fast. I will agree, Gengar is a hard matchup. It lost at States to Dialga G unfortunately. I see no reason for it to change now.

dmaster out.

You're kidding me, right? Gs could actually destroy Macheap, and Gengar is countered as soon as I play Unown G or use a Poke-Turn.

Deafen ruins Macheap's chance for a donk, and next turn, regardless of whether you have 20 damage on your or not, I could throw a Second Strike for the KO on your Machop. (You'll have a Macheap? Doubt it.) Then, next turn, if you do candy a Benched Machop, you could KO my active Dialga G. However, I can then send up a Benched Dialga G with Unown G and use Deafen a few times (of course, assuming you don't throw 4 heads on Hurricane Punch) making it harder for you to build up anything. In the meantime, I Power Spray all of your Uxies and charge up some other hitters like Toxicroak G, Palkia G, and more Dialga G. I'd call that being outsped, and Macheap can't be outsped if it wants to win. I don't care about your OHKO abilities. I can give myself an Unown G to protect myself, or just throw up a Toxicroak G and deal 90 damage to you and then Poison, while the only way you're going to KO me is by getting throwing lucky flips.

If you plan on winning with Macheap against G Pokemon, you'll need to get a lucky coin, or else you'll just get steamrolled.

HAH G pokemon funny how the Letter " G " dominates seasons remember last season " GG " just one less " G " nut still a deadly letter lol

Honestly I only believe that they are as good as they are because people fear them and then feel the need to use them to win.

I have made a few decks myself and with other people as well that are perfectly capable of beating dialga or palkia without the use of machamp or gengar.

You just have to put your mind to it and not give them so much credit.

i think G's are great as they disrupt and are great attacker but lack on hp and macheap being in the format but like i say decks depend not on the deck but how you play with this deck against the diffrent decks that are out there in this world

Also I hate how everyone is running 1-0-1 machamp lines just for G decks which I think is SO DU<B because its dead draw pretty much. . . maybe to peopel who fear G decks its GOD but to players like me its dead draw I waste of 2 cards and useable against one deck

kashmaster said:
If they T1 Dialga G you cant play BTS or rare candy making you utterly slow

Can't use deafen w/o energy gain, meaning, if G decks go first, machamp wins.

"140, while special metal energy, which you should have at least one, give Dialga G LV.X a virtual 150-180 HP. Good luck taking him down."

Try using machamps first attack. Yes an easy Take Down.

A lot of you guys are acting like you have both Energy Gain AND Unown G on your Dialgas at all times... that bothers me.

Look at it this way:

26 Diagla G 17%
17 Dialga G/Palkia G 11%
13 Kingdra 9%
13 Palkia G 9%
13 Toxitank G 9%
11 Machamp 7%
6 Abamasnow/Variants 4%
6 AMU 4%
6 Gardy/Variants 4%
6 Gengar 4%
6 Tyranitar 4%
5 Regigigas 3%
4 Ampharos/Variants 3%
3 Dusknoir 2%
3 Rampardos 2%
2 Blastiose 1%
1 Blaziken 1%
1 Butterfree 1%
1 Electivire 1%
1 Giratina/Leafeon 1%
1 Honchkrow G/Houndoom G 1%
1 Leafeon/Magmortar 1%
1 Magnezone/Electivire 1%
1 Shaymin/Leafeon 1%
1 Uxie/Crobat G 1%

(source: http://pokegym.net)

Machamp and Gengar have been played at States and haven't won as much as G decks. Since the format will be the same for Regionals I see no reason to bother. :p

Back