Are Alpha Growth and Omega Multi Strike Worth It?

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
So Primal Clash leaked. With the new ancient traits, are Alpha Growth and Omega Multi Strike worth it? With Alpha Growth, you can use Blastoise and Emboar to accelerate energy the same way, and since most Pokemon with Growth are water types, Blastoise will work well.

Now Multi Strike. Why would you need this? Excadrill does 50. Why not just make it 100. The only use I can see for this is hitting two different Pokemon with the one attack, but that's only if the first Pokemon is knocked out first.

I think they are worth it. Alpha growth just gives us another way to accelerate energy without having to rely on Blastoise or emboar which makes decks a little more custom. The Multi strike is even more worth it because it gives us a mechanic that we havent seen. As far as i know you dont need to use the same attack when you use multistrike so with some of the pokemon you could search your deck or attach energy while also attacking. Multistrike also helps out with attacking multiple pokemon like you stated.

Multistrike is very good
Muscle band is now adding 40!
Plus Power (extended) adds 20!
Silver Bangle is adding a whopping 60!!
Strong Energy for Medicham adds 40 (too stronk)!!!!

I think they would be better on cards that could exploit their effects better, like putting Alpha Growth in a Pokemon that needed to discard energy when it attacked, or Multi Srike with two attacks that combo well together and/or had efficient energy costs The fact that they're on cards that aren't too strong is probably intentional though. That Medicham for example can be very easily one-shotted, and Excadrill requires a whopping three energy to attack. P-Kyogre is nice, but even with Alpha Growth it takes three turns to power up (two with Spirit Link) and is susceptitble to Genesect.

Multi Strike is indeed worth it and the lower base damage ballance these cards. For instance Excadrill can power himself up and at least attack at the same turn. Alternatively he can attack twice to capitalize on damage modifiers. This also is the reason Medicham is excellent even if he surely is a glass cannon ball similar to Hawlucha.

Alpha Growth is nice on Swampert and Primal Kyogre Ex. Although both still need two to three turns to start the combat the ancient trait helps them to retain momentum.

Medicham with all of the fighting support will be good. Despite it can't OKHO fighting weak pokemon and it's a stage 1, it does attack twice and still goes through resistance...so it has that going for it. With a band, 1 strong energy, and fighting stadium, it does 2HKO (2, but in one turn) any regular exs outside of wailord. It still needs a lot to set up, but it can be done.

Swampert looks really good. Good Ability which gets any card with a draw card (Bicycle, Roller Skates...), and its attack works well with α Growth.

Earlier I was thinking of a combination between Camerupt-EX and either Swampert or Whiscash. You just attach two Fire energy to them thanks to a-Growth, Blacksmith 2 onto Camerupt-EX, and use Camerupt's Implosion for 200 damage (220 with a Muscle Band, taking out M-Manectric).

You can also use Swampert in combination with the new Scorching Earth Stadium, using its ability Diving Search to put a card (Blacksmith?) on top of your deck, then discard a Fire Energy for the Stadium to pick it up along with another card from your deck. When you use up your Blacksmiths, you search for VS Seekers. etc, etc...

And the reason I say Whiscash is because it's a stage 1, and therefore easier to get out. But I think the combo with Swampert might be more effective.

Wow, I never thought to use an a-Growth Pokemon in combination with Camerupt. I just assumed Emboar would be the way to go, but that could work too. A lot of potential combos are coming out of this set.

Back