Anonymous Hacks PSN

Well I think after this their service should be free rather than have users pay for it. This is one of the reasons it was hacked XD.:) Amongst other reasons too.:)

xxashxx said:
Well I think after this their service should be free rather than have users pay for it. This is one of the reasons it was hacked XD.:) Amongst other reasons too.:)

Playstation Network is free...'cept for the shop.

That is probably why it was hacked. See the Wii does it through point cards where you have to put in a code to use their shop. Anything where you need a credit card has a reason to be hacked because identity theft is the #1 leading crime nowadays XD.:)

The PS3 also has points cards. And when using the wii, you can use your credit card to purchase points, so there's no much of a difference between the systems. Instead of directly buying it with your credit card, you're buying points which get you games. Your information is still saved on the system.

Glad I took my dads and my Credit Card info off of it late last year! I just hope my password is still fine.

^Your password is fine,but it is advised that you change it in case.They mostly went after Sony officials and employees or so I've heard...

If the Wii uses point cards and the PS3 also does then why is Sony being an easy target and not Nintendo? Seems a bit fishy because with the Wii you have to buy the cards at retail stores before you can do anything. I have not heard of using a Credit card to buy them directly though.:)

Because the hackers didn't just say to themselves, "Let's hack any system possible". They targeted PS3 because they were probably PS3 users or XBOX360 users who didn't like PS3. If it was Anonymous as the recent update on the PSN blog says, then it was probably a bunch of nerd hackers sitting in their basements ruining it for 77 million users.

There has not been a reason stated for why PS3 was targeted, however PAST attacks on PS3 were because two other famous hackers were sued by Sony. Many people speculate that this is another attack, just on a bigger scale, but we won't know until the actual hackers are found.

Anonymous released a second press release stating that they didn't do it, and that if an investigation is conducted they will not be found guilty.

Make of that what you will.

And xxashxx, the Nintendo and Sony use a very similar points system. Both have both points cards and the ability to purchase points with a credit card.

@ Lenny - U read my mind, coz thats exactly what I thought:)
IT's DEFINETELY ONE OF THESE:
1. Nerds.
2. Xbox users that hate PS3.
3. Some nerdy computer hacking gang type-thing.

To sum it up, whoever did this has got to be a:

COMPLETE NERD

IT's DEFINETELY ONE OF THESE:
1. Nerds.
2. Xbox users that hate PS3.
3. Some nerdy computer hacking gang type-thing.

To sum it up, whoever did this has got to be a:

COMPLETE NERD

^ That made me lol so hard! XD But seriously I have a hunch it might have been Anonymous because they seemed pretty outraged when they learned Sony was sueing Geohot. To bad PSN isn't up yet. Wasn't it supposed to be up this week?

I hope it doesn't go up for the next 3 weeks lol. I got exams and it will only tempt me knowing there is a whole community playing online without me. Also, as long as psn is down, I get daily gifts from Fifa ultimate team. win/win situation for me :D

Come to think of it the PS3 is more popular because of the added cheap blue ray whereas the regular Blue rays cost about $900.00 The PS3 Blue ray costs around $500.00. Because of that it is more popular. The Wii was originally supposed to have a regular DVD player but the scrapped that before the final copies were distributed in 2006. That could be a possibility but I don't know though.:)

Luigibuster8989 said:
Incoming! Its back up! But the store is still down however....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43035777/ns/technology_and_science-games/

^So May 31st wasn't false eh,sigh....While its great that a predetermined date has been set,it really should have been resolved quite some time ago...

Japan says 'Not so fast' to Sony PlayStation Network

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/16/6654248-japan-says-not-so-fast-to-sony-playstation-network-

^ I think it's good Japan is holding Sony back from starting up the PSN until they can show that it is secure. I honestly don't understand why people are so mad at Sony though. I've been to a few forums where tons of people talk trash on how Sony needs to get the PSN back up. I mean just let Sony finish adding the extra security, unless of course they want to see another security breach and have their credit card info and other personal info compromised again. I think it's ok if Sony takes their time, just as long as they make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

My mate said PSN was back on his PS3, but on my PSP it's STILL down:( I think Sony should focus a bit more on PSP than they do instead of saying 'Oh, PS3, PS3, PS3....' they need to treat both consoles equally(even though there's a big difference) Like, add buddy lists to PSP in an update or something.

I know some tecchy dudes gonna say 'Well the PS3 has 1080p blu-ray graphics' and stuff, but thats MY opinion.

~DarkraiK.O

Back