Anonymous Hacks PSN

Ka$h Money

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys, If you own a PS3, you would have realised that you can't log in anymore (well from my experience anyway). Funnily enough someone has hacked the most secure game console, the PS3

I dont have much info because I just found out about it today but someone or a community under the alias of 'Anonymous' has started attacking Sony regarding a 'jailbreak case' involving geohot.

Info on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hotz

These Anonymous people have started spreading videos on youtube regarding their attack and how they are apparently on the gamer's side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpfK7ADqL1Q

So what do you guys think? Do you think this is the right approach for 'gaming freedom'?

kashmaster said:
Hi guys, If you own a PS3, you would have realised that you can't log in anymore (well from my experience anyway). Funnily enough someone has hacked the most secure game console, the PS3

I don't have much info because I just found out about it today but someone or a community under the alias of 'Anonymous' has started attacking Sony regarding a 'jailbreak case' involving geohot.

Info on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hotz

These Anonymous people have started spreading videos on youtube regarding their attack and how they are apparently on the gamer's side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpfK7ADqL1Q

So what do you guys think? Do you think this is the right approach for 'gaming freedom'?

I read that PSN will be down for maintenance until tonight but i don't think that hackers are doing this because Sony has dealt with these things before, if you got error 80710A06 thats because they are fixing PSN, and the websites were you got those sources are not always reliable

Thats what I heard aswell, it regarding maintenance, Its just weird that these Anonymous hackers have been active over the last week and it could be possible that they caused psn to go down.

I was worried why I was not able to connect to PSN,what's even worse is that I just purchased LBP2 and am not able to go online......At least it gives me time to complete some trophies before then.

Anon posted a video saying it wasn't them. THey mentioned that it could be a member, but it wasn't a collective effort. It doesn't really make sense for them to do it anyway, haha.

I'm a wee bit ticked off at this as I wanted to re-download the Spyro games I bought from the Playstation Store and that also means that I can't play Modnation Racers online with my PSP either

It truly is a shame that Sony had no back-up prepped for a crisis such as this....Not only that,but there are quite an abundance of users (such as me) who have purchased Playstation + and other services such as DCUO.All that precious time and money spent is for naught at this rate...

It is horrid that shameless,ignorant,welps such as these hackers,would ruin the online experience for all on an international scale.

DarkraiK.O said:
my error code is 80550403. Does anybody know what this means??/ LMK PLEASEEE!!

I'm taking a wild guess that you got that error for when you tried to access the Playstation Store? because I get that SAME error with my PSP for when I try to access the Playstation Store

GraveTheUndead said:
Kinda sucks that all this is going on...

I got a PSP today and forgot about this... .A.;;;

Nice, I have a PSP-3000 myself and it blows that I can't play Modnation Racers online, oh well :(

ShayminTails said:
GraveTheUndead said:

Nice, I have a PSP-3000 myself and it blows that I can't play Modnation Racers online, oh well :(

I got a PSP-2000, used.

So it wasn't as expensive, still a big let-down though.

Awesome, my 3000 was also used, but I traded my Dreamcast to get it (I mainly got it for Alpha 3 MAX, Power Stone Collection and Birth by Sleep)

GraveTheUndead said:
ShayminTails said:
GraveTheUndead said:

I got a PSP-2000, used.

So it wasn't as expensive, still a big let-down though.

I got Power Stone Collection for mine~ One of the reasons I wanted one.

Also, besides Phantasy Star Portable 2, and Dissidia 01.2, does anyone know any good PSP games that are playstation network compatible?

Woah, woah , woah? The network is still down?

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo Husband.

GraveTheUndead said:
I got Power Stone Collection for mine~ One of the reasons I wanted one.

Also, besides Phantasy Star Portable 2, and Dissidia 01.2, does anyone know any good PSP games that are playstation network compatible?

Dissidia 012 is not PSN Compatiable (at least with online play anyway, you need Xlink Kai with that)

Back