Animal Crossing: New Leaf Discussion

dmaster said:
Yeah, I've found two Gyros I think so far, so they're still there. They show up after it rains in game for you to dig out. There's way more than two in the game.
I found three in the ground--the ones I was referring to were the one on the island and the other that you donate bells to in order to complete public works projects. I get'cha.

How's the Bug-Off doing, everyone?
I currently stand in 1st place with a Goliath Beetle worth 124 points--hoping to stay that way by 6!

I kinda' derped up and gave Nat a Birdwing Butterfly after giving him a Raja Brooke... Unfortunately, now the only way I can get more of the Bug furniture is by catching more Birdwings. And they're being jerks and not showing up. :[

Just got the game last weekend. I love it. has anyone seen a bug by the beach that commits suicide by jumping in the water whenever you get near?

Okay so Cyrus just woke up for me, and I wanted to test out the custom furniture feature... He noticed that I had a gem in my pocket and asked if I wanted to use it (it was an Emerald). I figured it'd look neat and clicked yes...

NEVER AGAIN. Oh my word it was hideous. Nothing like I envisioned at all. .-. Thank goodness you can ask him to change it to something else! Had him just change it to a different color instead. Now watch that look horrible as well, lol.

You get a wetsuit...by going to the island.
After paying off the first loan after upgrading to a house, Tortimer will show up when you load up the game. Talk to him at the dock. You'll be able to go to the island during the next day.

You can compete in minigames there to get medals, which you can exchange for rewards from the old kappa.
The island is, IMO, the best way to make money in the game. It has a ton of valuable fish and insects, like the whale shark (13,000 bells!)

don()shinobi said:
You get a wetsuit...by going to the island.
After paying off the first loan after upgrading to a house, Tortimer will show up when you load up the game. Talk to him at the dock. You'll be able to go to the island during the next day.

You can compete in minigames there to get medals, which you can exchange for rewards from the old kappa.
The island is, IMO, the best way to make money in the game. It has a ton of valuable fish and insects, like the whale shark (13,000 bells!)

I upgraded my house twice already...and haven't seen tortimer at all.

Pretty sure you have to have 100% approval for the mayor-ship and have the permit as well, but I can't remember 100% (cwutididthur).

Best Buy is doing a downloadable deal for four exclusive items: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/kv3XQP2CyseDoKoaMxBcEMvcchE-PMP_ Don't miss out on it if you want them!

dmaster out.

Oh my GOD, 8 days into the game and the shop hasn't yet sold a single slingshot...not sure if they show up when the shop upgrades, but dear lord, the flying presents are annoying...

Yeah, you need to upgrade the Nook one.

You can also catch presents with a net if you're patient.

dmaster out.

For a moment today, I was giving some serious thought to buying a copy of this game, but I went into my local Walmart to find out that it's sold out. Is it really THAT popular?

It's sold amazing in the last week that it's been out, no doubt breaking digital sales records as well. For how super popular it is in Japan, it seems to be very popular here as well.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
It's sold amazing in the last week that it's been out, no doubt breaking digital sales records as well. For how super popular it is in Japan, it seems to be very popular here as well.

dmaster out.

Really? Whoa...

I've given some thought to buying and downloading it from the Nintendo EShop, but I've never been fond of downloading games. I've heard that downloaded games take up too much data on the 3DS's SD card.

I loved City Folk, so I decided to get this yesterday: amazing choice. I've been walking (not running, I'd like to keep my grass :p) through town getting fish and stuff. I have a couple questions though:

1: I heard Redd comes to your town in a tent to sell paintings rather than having a shop. What day does he come?

2: Is the Watering Can sold in the shop? I heard someone gives it to you.

3: In City Folk, fruit from other towns was a lot more valuable than your native fruit. Is this still true in this game?

If the fruit thing is true (and/or if you have 3D glasses), feel free to PM me with your friend code and I'll PM back. I'd love to play online with someone.

Incinermyn said:
For a moment today, I was giving some serious thought to buying a copy of this game, but I went into my local Walmart to find out that it's sold out. Is it really THAT popular?
My friend went to 7 different stores in the same area to try to get a copy. Only 1 of them had a copy, and even then, only 1 was in stock.

Robot:

1. A random weekday, if I'm not mistaken.
2. Yes. You can get a Silver and Gold watering can by purchasing 50 flower seeds and maintaining a perfect town status for 15 days, respectively.
3. Yes, but there are now 'better' versions of these fruits called Perfect Fruits. Perfect Fruits not native to your village will sell for much more than the Perfect Fruits native to your village.

Back