Animal Crossing: New Leaf Discussion

So how many of you restarted until you got a town layout/villagers you liked?
I think I spent over an hour resetting for the perfect combo haha.

I didn't restart once. I got a map I was okay with (even had a mini island like I wanted! =D), and that's all I really care about. Good villagers are cool and all, but if you really hate one there are.. Methods to move them out.

Though my first option was HORRIBLE. Thank goodness it lets you cycle through four maps, 'cuz mine was the fourth.

Finally got the game!...and my native fruit is the pear...just like every other game I've played in the series. Perfect.

I'm amazed I never found this game before. It has literally taken over my life, I spent at least three hours today just fishing. Who needs real friends when you have Animal Crossing, am I right?

I get it in November... With my birthday. And I can't just get it now since I already know my mum has preordered it for then, a day after I specifically told her I shall get it myself...

FINALLY...friend code and stuff awrtbgeyu

Name: Ryan
Friend Code: 4527-8074-8446
Native Fruit: Pear (although Isabelle gave me a few peaches, so peach trees are coming)

Okay so I just found this site (It'll link to the image I converted, just hit New on the top.). It's an image to pattern converter. And though it feels like cheating almost, I can already tell I will use this thing, man. Everything comes out so great.

PEOPLES! my new friend code is: 2122-6255-0707 If you guys wanna add me pm me, or if I add you ill pm you :D
btw my native fruit is: cherry

Armaldo1 said:
I'm getting this game before nats, but up until then i'm so jealous of you guys :(

im qutting pokemon tcg, but i will start playing vcg, and btw does anyone else wanna trade fruits. my friend code is: 2122-6255-0707

This is a lot better than City Folk IMO. Idk what it was...but I just got absolutely bored with City Folk after about a month of playing.

The Mayor aspect is definitely the reason why you would want to buy the game. By being the mayor, you can actually do a lot of public works around the town and be the boss. They improved the "city" by just making it a main street. It basically improves the classic Animal Crossing formula, although there is obviously a lot that is similar. Also, the island. Man, dat island is great.

dmaster out.

Did they drastically change anything? IE: Fishing (Do they have red snappers still? Please say yes!)

Also, the city folk was a joke. The game SUCKED. There was something about it that was bad... Maybe because it was on a wii (I love the wii, just animal crossing doesn't belong on a wii)

They still have Red Snappers.
And yes, they're still worth 3000 bells (The barred knifejaw is back as well--and it's still worth 5000!).
They're a bit smaller than what I remember from previous games. From what I remember, their shadows used to be the size of the dreaded Sea Bass, but now they're ROUGHLY half the size of the Sea Bass.

For anybody with the game--make sure to head to the island tonight or early tomorrow to catch some rare bugs, since the Bug-Off is tomorrow! You won't be able to find those rare bugs tomorrow afternoon when you need them most!

I lied, i got it today, haha. Any ideas on what i should do in my first few days? I just completed paying down my house (so it's no longer a tent) and i've already picked up all the fruit, seashells, and checked all the trees. Also, does it bother anyone else that the shop selection is so limited early on? It may be just me, but 7 items doesn't seem like enough.

Also, my native fruit is the peach. I don't know where to find my friend code though, could anyone tell me?

Armaldo: Go to the home menu for the 3DS and click on the smiley face.

Salamencetrainer: 2 of them exist, as far as I know, so you're really only going to be digging up fossils and the occasional pitfall.

Yeah, I've found two Gyros I think so far, so they're still there. They show up after it rains in game for you to dig out. There's way more than two in the game.

Armaldo1 said:
Also, does it bother anyone else that the shop selection is so limited early on? It may be just me, but 7 items doesn't seem like enough.

That's probably my biggest complaint. It takes a looooong time for things to start opening up for you in the game. Very slow start.

dmaster out.

Back