• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

and yet another ho-oh ex deck

spiritomb

Aspiring Trainer
2 {G}
2 {W}
1 {F}
3 {P}
2 {R}
3 {L}
2 {D}
1 {M}
3 ho-oh ex
3 rayquaza (dragon pulse) yay my city got them. It's always late.
4 rufflet (chirp)
2 sigilyph (safeguard)
4 professor juniper
3 switch
4 xtranceiver
4 random receiver
2 enhanced hammer
2 tool scrapper
4 ultra ball
1 computer search
2 plus power
3 energy switch

Before anyone asks yes I am intentionally running. xtranceiver. Yes I have tornadus ex and Pokemon catchers. They're just in different better decks.
This deck is updated mostly from the inclusion of rayquaza. Which meant no sky arrow bridge. That led to no tornadus ex, and so on. Nevertheless state your opinions.

Cough cough. Mewtwo. When you load your main attacker with energies, you need a counter to Mewtwo i.e. Mewtwo. He's also a good backup attacker in general for when you're getting Ho-Oh in the discard. You also need more ACTUAL Supporters. 4 Juniper is not enough no matter how many Random Recievers you throw in there.

-4 Enhanced Hammer
-3 Xtransiever
+4 N
+3 Mewtwo EX

Also, if you have Terrakion, you should also have Switch.

-2 terrakion
+2 tornadus EX

The reason I say this is because Ho oH EX is really good because it is fast. It can set up T2 or mabye even T1
Tornadus EX can make it easier to set up sooner so you can deal out massive damage early in the game.
Terrakion is just not a part of this deck.

Random Numbers said:
-2 terrakion
+2 tornadus EX

The reason I say this is because Ho oH EX is really good because it is fast. It can set up T2 or mabye even T1
Tornadus EX can make it easier to set up sooner so you can deal out massive damage early in the game.
Terrakion is just not a part of this deck.

If I get more this was my plan, or a split on tornadus/tornadus ex

Mora said:
Cough cough. Mewtwo. When you load your main attacker with energies, you need a counter to Mewtwo i.e. Mewtwo. He's also a good backup attacker in general for when you're getting Ho-Oh in the discard. You also need more ACTUAL Supporters. 4 Juniper is not enough no matter how many Random Recievers you throw in there.

-4 Enhanced Hammer
-3 Xtransiever
+4 N
+3 Mewtwo EX

Also, if you have Terrakion, you should also have Switch.

4 is enough supporters for me in this deck and digilyph is a mewtwo counter.
About switch read post above if I don't use terrakion due to catcher abuse then I'll discard it.

Have you tested this? Because I think you'll find that 4 Supporters is not enough to last you the entire game. 4 Supporters means just that, 4 Supporters. After you use them, there's no chance of a new hand except when your opponent graciously N's you into a new hand of say about four. Not to mention you're stuck with a bunch of now useless Random Recievers and Xtransievers.

And I still think that Mewtwo is a better attacker than Sigilyph, but either way, you should at least put in another Sigilyph because Mewtwo is a pretty big Weakness.

Yes I use this deck all the time. The amount of times I don't get asupporter I to few in comparison to how badly consistency would be hurt adding some ns. I recently packed another sigilyph, so through more playtesting a second sigilyph is always possible.

Random Numbers said:
Mora's right. Try bianca.

I've tried Bianca cheren and n. Neither works. My hand being at the right size to exploit Bianca is to situational and does more harm than good.

spiritomb said:
consistency would be hurt adding some ns.

Yeah, because adding Supporters hurts consistency. That statement is absurd. Of course, do as you wish.

Mora said:
spiritomb said:
consistency would be hurt adding some ns.

Yeah, because adding Supporters hurts consistency. That statement is absurd. Of course, do as you wish.

When I random reciever into a n, it always went downhill from there. My experience has told me that 4 ns hold the best average outcome. You can't argue statistics. If u can explain how to run n in this deck without hurting consistency, then I may reconsider.

Ok... I play Ho-Oh, and I'm gonna tell you, NO SIGILYPH!!!!!

-4 Rufflet [this only gets N'd away waste of space]
-1 Sigilyph [ Most common thing that will happen will be either catcher, or Garbodor, the. You are so fame over]
*OPTIONAL*
-2 Terrakion [ you'll see]
+2 Terrakion (EP) [ KO's Eviolited Darkrais really helpful]
Now that I've tooken 90% of your pokemons I shall replace them :)
+2 Tornadus EX (or regular) [ you need this badley, goNod attacker, and donker]
+2 Mewtwo EX [ Helle Mewtwo against fully loaded Ho Oh, that's not fun]
+1 Registeel EX -OR- Rayquaza(Dragon Vault) [ Regi helps get KO's, and Rayquaza can rink really great]

Now, your energy line (warning bluntness coming up) sucks.
-2 {P} [Why?? No need for it]
-1 {G} [. ^. ]
-1 {W} [. ^. ]

Now, you must chose... Rayquaza or Regi.
*Registeel EX*
+4 DCE [ helps Mewtwo, Tornadus, and Registeel]

*Rayquaza*
+1 {R} [need for shred]
+1 {L} [ Easy donks}
+2 DCE [explained above]

Again I'm sorry but your trainer lines are pretty bad.
-4 Xtransceiver [Why flip a coin again?]
-4 Enhanced Hammer [this will cost you some valuable space and games later]
-1 Sky Arrow Bridge [ 2 is good enough]
-3 Pluspower [You already do massive damage why do you need that extra space wasted?]

+2 Heavy Ball [Registeel, Rayquaza, Terrakion, all important]
+2 Eviolite [You need this to keep alive]
+4 N [ consistency consistency....]
+3 Catcher [3 is enough suprisingly, just be careful]
+ 1 Enerfy Switch [ Moving energy is very important]

Hope this helps.

Martini said:
*facepalm*

well, add in 2 Heavy Ball then (Gets out Regi/Rayquaza, and terrakion)

Terrakion had no synergy or purpose to the deck so it left Regigigas will fall to the same fate. Ultra ball searches out who I need. As originally posted on the original post I tend to overextend an filter through my whole deck so getting a Pokemon isn't a problem. Besides 4 turns in I tend not to need to search for a rayquaza.

How could you question the importance of having many energy types in my deck that is the whole point of the deck for ho-oh. For the same reason I'm not adding any double colorless energy.
Also as previously noted mewtwos purpose is played through sigilyph, so there is no reason for mewtwo.
Finally, I already stated that Pokemon catcher is in a different deck.

Also with quite a few spelling errors it is difficult to read. What's "helle"?
Martini said:
Ok... I play Ho-Oh, and I'm gonna tell you, NO SIGILYPH!!!!!

-4 Rufflet [this only gets N'd away waste of space]
-1 Sigilyph [ Most common thing that will happen will be either catcher, or Garbodor, the. You are so fame over]
*OPTIONAL*
-2 Terrakion [ you'll see]
+2 Terrakion (EP) [ KO's Eviolited Darkrais really helpful]
Now that I've tooken 90% of your pokemons I shall replace them :)
+2 Tornadus EX (or regular) [ you need this badley, goNod attacker, and donker]
+2 Mewtwo EX [ Helle Mewtwo against fully loaded Ho Oh, that's not fun]
+1 Registeel EX -OR- Rayquaza(Dragon Vault) [ Regi helps get KO's, and Rayquaza can rink really great]

Now, your energy line (warning bluntness coming up) sucks.
-2 {P} [Why?? No need for it]
-1 {G} [. ^. ]
-1 {W} [. ^. ]

Now, you must chose... Rayquaza or Regi.
*Registeel EX*
+4 DCE [ helps Mewtwo, Tornadus, and Registeel]

*Rayquaza*
+1 {R} [need for shred]
+1 {L} [ Easy donks}
+2 DCE [explained above]

Again I'm sorry but your trainer lines are pretty bad.
-4 Xtransceiver [Why flip a coin again?]
-4 Enhanced Hammer [this will cost you some valuable space and games later]
-1 Sky Arrow Bridge [ 2 is good enough]
-3 Pluspower [You already do massive damage why do you need that extra space wasted?]

+2 Heavy Ball [Registeel, Rayquaza, Terrakion, all important]
+2 Eviolite [You need this to keep alive]
+4 N [ consistency consistency....]
+3 Catcher [3 is enough suprisingly, just be careful]
+ 1 Enerfy Switch [ Moving energy is very important]

Hope this helps.

Also mora, playtesting the deck in my build then tell me your opinions. Your going to have to change how you pay to compensate for the awkward deck bums to you.

Playtest*

Builds*

(I wish on my phone I could scroll through to text to edit.)

Added 1 grass and 1 dark energy
Subtracted two enhanced hammer

Too often do I not have energies when I needed them.

Well, I'd say
-1 rufflet, as 3 ho ohs and 4 rufflets make no sense. just more bait for darkrais...,
-1 Rayquaza, its great and all, but if you are aiming for ho oh, I'd try something which doesnt rely on switch too much.

+2 crushing hammers, if you have enhanced hammers, you can always add more. if not them, then add some more things rufflet can get like tornadus EX, or others.

Also, try not to be too "rude" when saying that everyone is just telling you to put more supporters in, they are trying to help with consistency. Either way, just junipering can be good in the long run. Just sucks when you don't want things thrown away like a energy switch or a switch, as they are sometimes crucial to get at certain times... I mean this in the nicest of ways :3

Well, I'd say
-1 rufflet, as 3 ho ohs and 4 rufflets make no sense. just more bait for darkrais...,
-1 Rayquaza, its great and all, but if you are aiming for ho oh, I'd try something which doesnt rely on switch too much.

+2 crushing hammers, if you have enhanced hammers, you can always add more. if not them, then add some more things rufflet can get like tornadus EX, or others.

When everyone's post including yours has "add supporters" or add tornadus ex or mewtwo ex when I specifically posted in my original post why that's not changing, ofcourse my posts r going to sound rude.

Also if u just read the edit in the original post, I explained y I cut some hammers. Why would I add more?

spiritomb said:
When everyone's post including yours has "add supporters" , you should probably just listen. :p

And don't say, "You can't argue statistics," when you don't even include any. I can cerainly argue that more Supporters equals more consistency. It's worked just fine for me. Getting an N isn't even too bad because you have other options like Ultra Ball and Computer Search for discarding and other attackers to use until you do get Ho-Oh set up. Even Ultra Ball + N works fine as you are burning your hand and getting a new one, all while discarding Ho-Oh. Maybe Juniper would have been ideal, but I'd rather it be that way than have one Juniper prized and Juniper away a second and then be N'd to a low hand with little possibilities. At least run more Supporters because of the fact you have more Supporter search than Supporters. Once you're out of Supporters, those Random Recievers and Xtransievers are going to be pointless. And regardlesss of your position, I think this would be a decent compromise:

4 Juniper
2 N
4 Random Reciever
2 Xtransiever
1 Computer Search

With this Supporter line, you are twice as likely to hit a Juniper than N, and that is statistics (or at least probability).

Back