'Ancient Origins' Set List Discussion Thread

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Updated the main list to include Tyranitar EX, M Tyranitar EX and the associated spirit link tool. Looks like a there is a little room for more Fighting type Pokemon right before Tyranitar EX but that could be spots for Murkrow/Houndoom/Sneasal instead.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
In theory one of those fighting type spots could go to Gallade since we have a Ralts and Kirlia. Doesn't mean it will though. There are plenty of options though for what those three missing pieces could be.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
The last time I can remember Gardevoir and Gallade being in the same set was Legendary Treasures, and that was because the Radiant Collection was included in it as opposed to being a small side set like Dragon Vault and Double Crisis. The only other time was the very first set Gallade was in (Secret Wonders). So I may be rooting for Bellossom to be in this set along side Vileplume, but I have a great suspicion that Gallade will not.

Frosty

Bleh.
I wonder what will be between unknown and Golett. There are so many pokemon they can choose from...

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Added Eco Arm to the list, its numbering confirms that Lugia EX is the last Pokemon to be included, so any normal type Pokemon to come in will be Gen 1/2 related.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
#4 might be bellossom
assuming they are grass, cottonee & Whimsicott could be 10 and 11.
9 will probably be leafeon.

#13 has to be flareon

80 will probably be a special lightning energy

Not sure if there will be Gen 4 Eeveelutions in this set. Up until XY, each set had all the Eeveelutions (excluding Undaunted/CoL from HGSS), but they decided that it was way too much when Sylveon was introduced for Gen 6. For FF, they only had the Gen 4 and Gen 6 Eeveelutions; so I'd expect this set to have the Gen 1 and 2 Eeveelutions (esp. since Jolteon is already released).

SSBBDaisy

Aspiring Trainer
There better be a good Jynx with its original colors in this set.

Also I'm so glad vileplume w/ trainer lock is back. Favorite deck.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
There better be a good Jynx with its original colors in this set.

Also I'm so glad vileplume w/ trainer lock is back. Favorite deck.

I assume by original colors you mean the Jynx black-face? I highly doubt the Pokemon Company ever wants to go anywhere close to that time period and look again, for obvious reasons.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
If they give me a full set of Eeveelutions with the type changing effect I will be thrilled beyond belief.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Full art numbers: (all placements are inferred and not final)

#82 - Sceptile EX (FA)
#83 - M-Sceptile EX (FA)
#84 - Kyurem EX (FA)
#85 - Ampharos EX (FA)
#86 - M-Ampharos EX (FA)
#87 - Hoopa EX (FA)
#88 - Machamp EX (FA)
#89 - Tyranitar EX (FA)
#90 - M-Tyranitar EX (FA)
#91 - Giratina EX (FA)
#92 - Lugia EX (FA)
#93 - Ace Trainer (FA) (93-97?)
#94 -
#95 -
#96 -
#97 -

(Wow that's a lot of full arts)

Should the shiny Primal Groudon/Kyogre and M-Rayquaza be considered for this part of the list or for the secret rares that come after it?

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
I'd wager that we'll see Cobalion and Terrakion in this set as well. Seeing as we're getting all three Regis.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
The reveal of Ampharos EX and M-Ampharos EX confirm Jolteon's placement as well, meaning there is only 1 spot inbetween M-Ampharos EX and Unown for a single electric or psychic/poison/ghost type Pokemon.

Only Psychic type pokemon that can fit there: Espeon, Mewtwo, Mew, Mr. Mime, Jynx (unless they want to throw in a basic of a longer line and have it be incomplete)

Possible Electric type pokemon that can fit there: Raikou, Minun/Plusle (one but not the other), Emolga, Pachirisu, Thundurus, Stunfisk, Zekrom, Dedenne, or Rotom.

I feel like the most likely ones are the legendaries Mewtwo and either Zekrom or Thundurus based on the sets theme. Espeon would be nice to go with the other eeveelutions that could be in as well.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
The reveal of Ampharos EX and M-Ampharos EX confirm Jolteon's placement as well, meaning there is only 1 spot inbetween M-Ampharos EX and Unown for a single electric or psychic/poison/ghost type Pokemon.

Only Psychic type pokemon that can fit there: Espeon, Mewtwo, Mew, Mr. Mime, Jynx (unless they want to throw in a basic of a longer line and have it be incomplete)

Possible Electric type pokemon that can fit there: Raikou, Minun/Plusle (one but not the other), Emolga, Pachirisu, Thundurus, Stunfisk, Zekrom, Dedenne, or Rotom.

I feel like the most likely ones are the legendaries Mewtwo and either Zekrom or Thundurus based on the sets theme. Espeon would be nice to go with the other eeveelutions that could be in as well.

I think it propably would be Espeon or Raikou, to go with Eeveelutions/Entei, since we just got Zekrom and Thundurus, and Mewtwo is coming in the next set.

tototavros

Aspiring Trainer

Couldn't they just do an evolution of a different type? For instance, in FUF, they had a Grass Shroomish and a Fighting Breloom.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
With Umbreon getting a promo, I think the missing slot will be Raikou and then there'll be an Espeon promo in Japan. But of course both trios and Eeveelutions never have to come completed.
Of course there could always be two Unown.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Couldn't they just do an evolution of a different type? For instance, in FUF, they had a Grass Shroomish and a Fighting Breloom.

They could, there is precedent for it, but that only opens up the possibility of a Water type Slowpoke and then a Psychic type Slowking/Slowbro or a Grass type Joltik and then an Electric type Galvantula.

Having a basic pokemon/legendary in that electric/psychic slot seems far more likely.