Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

I like these cards that can have can have an effect on players that use the big game cards ie EX. It all depends on your combination of other cards to go with it, that can catch them. That's the bit you enjoy with a deck with little to no EX, when your opponent has difficulty dealing with them with their big EX and mega EX cards.

Yeah Kanoko Eo is my favourite artist as well. But she only does like 2-3 cards every set. My favourite supporter card Fisherman in HGSS is also drawn by her.

I know right, Fisherman was my first card I obtained drawn by her I believe! Her holo cards are stunning like Gourgeist and Cinccino. Hoping for another holo card illustrated by her at least in a set that will be released this year. In my opinion she's the best TCG artist.

lol poor Eevee isn't "leaping out" so much as floating on mist in a badly shooped field. Po bb gonna look like Cinderblock in my collection.

ooooooo
I really like the potential of that Registeel. Attaching three energy with Bronzong isnt an overly difficult task, and doing 70-90 damage + crippling energy supplies seems promising. You also have another cheap attack that could be used if you're feeling lucky. 120 HP is also not overly bad, either.

I want to like Registeel but here is what occurred to me with a second glance:

1) Metal-Type already has two great non-Pokémon-EX attackers: Cobalion (LTR) and Heatran (PHF)

2) It actually isn't fast. Until rotation Cobalion-EX is probably better at that gig. Unless you're using something other than Metal Energy or Shield Energy to fuel it, you're doing just as well trying to stall with Cobalion for the same three Energy. Even with Double Colorless EnergyHeatran can hit for 40 (80 damage with a Stadium in play).

3) Discarding an Energy is annoying, but in a lot of decks that is all it is: an annoyance.

Of course the big counter argument is... we are almost certainly losing at least one of the attackers I mentioned, probably two. Still, Heatran should remain.

3) Discarding an Energy is annoying, but in a lot of decks that is all it is: an annoyance.
Losing a basic Energy might be annoying, but I think losing a Special Energy hurts quite a bit more now that Trump Card is dead. Unless they come out with some sort of Special Energy Retrieval. :p

Losing a basic Energy might be annoying, but I think losing a Special Energy hurts quite a bit more now that Trump Card is dead. Unless they come out with some sort of Special Energy Retrieval. :p

Not every deck needs to stack multiple Special Energy cards. The deck I've done the most with lately is Landobats, so while it is a set-back to lose a Strong Energy on my Active attacker, it isn't likely to stop me from attacking, just slow down overall set-up. In other decks, it could be quite vital!

Bandit Ring has reached the fateful night where new cards are leaked. Keep your F5 buttons at the ready, soldiers!

Bandit Ring has reached the fateful night where new cards are leaked. Keep your F5 buttons at the ready, soldiers!

Hahaha i have been refreshing the page every 20 minutes waiting for the first leak haha
that mega sceptile is absolutely beautiful!! Im incredibly impressed at how good they portrayed his mega!!! Wow!! The first FA leak and its a beauty hahaha

Wow, the full arts always kick it out of the park. It seems like Mega Sceptile's tail isn't attached at the base but that could just be a perspective thing.

It looks so beautiful. Would it be worth it to buy TCPI just to get full art M Sceptile early?

FA LUGIA. It looks like it came straight out of the movie.

Wait, there are at least 11 secret rares? Why? Just why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, there are at least 11 secret rares? Why? Just why?
Not secret, Super rares lol thats what all the full arts are labled in Japan. The secret rares are labled UR ( ultra rare) in japan also

So far all these FA are absolutely amazing!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Omigosh Lugia and Giratina look amazing as well!

Also, finally get to see Giratina EX's ability, it makes a very interesting wall but being an EX and having 3-retreat cost is a liability. The cost of its attack is also large and yes you can power it up in 2 turns, but then you become a huge target for energy denial to prevent your "soft" lock.

Wow, I usually only play on the tcg online, but these cards are so awesome I'm seriously considering collecting them. The Giratina is absolutely insane, seems really strong, especially preventing damage from megas, which will continue to see more play as new sets introduce better ones. The attack cost is interesting, it gives you various speedy ways of paying it, ie Reshiram, DDE and DCE, etc. Curious to see if its as good as it looks.

So its just as we thought, Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon multitypes for all stage 1 Pokemon shenanigans.

Also, Gyarados-AT looks fantastic, that fisherman is so screwed.

Back