Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

ooooooo
I really like the potential of that Registeel. Attaching three energy with Bronzong isnt an overly difficult task, and doing 70-90 damage + crippling energy supplies seems promising. You also have another cheap attack that could be used if you're feeling lucky. 120 HP is also not overly bad, either.

Yeah, fairly lucky. Probability wise, not a huge change for large damage. But considering that it's not the first one with this attack, whatever.

As an Eeveelution fan, great artwork! Hope to see Flareon, Vaporeon and hopefully Espeon & Umbreon released soon.

Oooh, Registeel Rogue deck.

The nice tging about it saying just Energy means DCE and DDE are super vulnerable to it

I would take the jirachi promo over it. Sure, it has 60 HP, but for one of any energy it will discard a special energy and prevent an opponent's attack.

I like these cards that can have can have an effect on players that use the big game cards ie EX. It all depends on your combination of other cards to go with it, that can catch them. That's the bit you enjoy with a deck with little to no EX, when your opponent has difficulty dealing with them with their big EX and mega EX cards.

Nice artwork! Can't wait to see more cards from this set, especially of my personal favorite artist, Kanako Eo :) I'm going to check ASAP in the morning for more! Can't wait for Ancient Origins!!

Yeah Kanoko Eo is my favourite artist as well. But she only does like 2-3 cards every set. My favourite supporter card Fisherman in HGSS is also drawn by her.

Lets start with Eevee:

Adorable...

Moving on to Registeel!

Artwork: So Registeel does clash a bit with the realistic backround with how cartoony and rounded he is in comparison, but the setting is appropriate nonetheless. The lighting effects are great but I would have thought that Registeel would have had more shine and sparkle to sunlight rather than just a matte sheen but regardless, looks fantastic. I love the golem trio and this Registeel embodies what I love about them. 7/10

Card text: Solid basic non-EX attacker for metal decks. I feel like Heatran (PHF) is an overall stronger choice for that roll, but Registeel has potential in disruption which is something that metal decks lacked even with Cobalion EX. 120 HP is a shame (would of loved to hit that 130 mark) but 70-90 is still a great number to hit for and with the amount of EX's the energy denial is real. Also in pre-release tournaments, that Iron Head flips make for exciting matches. 7/10

Overall: 7/10 Good artwork, good card, I need it and I can't wait to see the other golems.

Love the Registeel art.

The Eevee is pretty useless with no evolution acceleration.

I was expecting something evolution based.

Maybe along the lines of "Select a Pokemon you have in play. Search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokemon of the same type as the card you chose"

So Cobalion isn't in the set... darn I was really hoping he would but with Registeel being #51 and Kirlia being #53, there is only one possibility for #52. Still hoping to see a new Terrakion. I also think an Ancient Trait Eevee is coming for sure.

Of course of all the cards they could have given bad artwork they gave it to Registeel

They actually made a playable Regi, so I'll let it pass.

Of course of all the cards they could have given bad artwork they gave it to Registeel

They actually made a playable Regi, so I'll let it pass.

I'm afraid thats how it goes. either you get amazing artwork on a non-playble card or rubbish artwork, on a card that is playable. You can't have both amazing artwork and be playable at the same time in most cases unfortunately. Note that i said most cases, which means some impressive artworks are on some playable cards.

Back