Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

I personally believe that this card will see play. It reminds me of the old Nidoqueen card with Maternal Comfort, except from what I can tell this one can stack. Nidoqueen saw quite a bit of play in a couple decks in my area back then and I can see some potential with this card. Something meta could be Toad/Gardevoir and you just stall out games by stacking two or three on the bench and removing 40-60 damage each turn. Or a more fun example could be something like Huntail/Wailord/Gardevoir where you use Wailords to stack energy, Gardevoir to keep them healthy and from being sniped, and Huntail to hit for massive damage. Just my opinion but I really like this card from the artwork to its potential.

If only fairies had the equivalent of Base Set Alakazam's damage transfer, I think that would make this new Gardevoir better because then you would have a better chance of healing the max amount of damage a turn (120 total, assuming six Pokémon on the bench and assuming Skyfield is not in play). Of course I don't think we've even had that ability in a long time for any type.

It is true, the horn colours don't quite align with the shiny colourings but that Gardevoir is distinctively blue. Just like the AT Golurk is distinctively silver but other parts don't quite add up. It just starts to look like they've screwed the pallets up.
It looks green enough, though, considering the light coming from the attack. If it was really blue the way a shiny one is, you'd know.

If only fairies had the equivalent of Base Set Alakazam's damage transfer, I think that would make this new Gardevoir better because then you would have a better chance of healing the max amount of damage a turn (120 total, assuming six Pokémon on the bench and assuming Skyfield is not in play). Of course I don't think we've even had that ability in a long time for any type.
Reuniclus (BW57) is the most recent, which makes your idea feasible in Expanded.

All that said, I would support more cards showing form changes and gender differences.

Actually grovylekid, Azumarill is the exact opposite. It had a holo AT card and a regular rare card, not a holo rare and a non holo AT.

~Which is the way it's always been if I'm not mistaken. Unless both are non holo.

It's highly unlikely that we'll get an AT Gardevoir. That Gardevoir is a Holo Rare, and we've never had an Ancient Trait + Regular Card both as Holo Rare, or with the Regular being Holo Rare while the AT one is a regular Rare.

Or, there is one more possiblity

GALLADE Holo AT!

Grufflling, to date there is always a pattern of some sort. Either the AT is holo and regular is non holo like Azumarill or the AT is non holo and the regular is holo like Ludicolo or both are non holo like the Nidoqueen. So far I don't think they've had regular holo and an AT holo.

Love the art! So far this set is looking to have the best artwork of the XY era, imo.

I also really like the card. I know people consider healing to be nearly pointless in our OHKO-heavy format, but I've had great luck with Rough Seas the past few weeks in testing various electric decks, so I've become a believer in healing once again. :p

Also, her attack, which isn't fantastic but has its uses, costs only colorless, so she isn't limited to decks that run Fairy NRG. I think that increases her potential a bit.

Plus, from the looks of it, Bright Heals will stack.
But what decks have you been playing against? Any competitive archetypes? I'm sure my Primal Groudon/Wobbuffet will destroy your deck. Just kidding! ;)

HAHAHA lol same attack just different ancient trait....i like the evolution 1 more....more powerful

Dear arceus is that thing beautiful!!!! I love how the attack is in green!!!! I sure hope groudon and kyogre are as amazing as this!!

If the pull rates of these are anything like the secret rare trainers then these shouldn't be hard to pull from a few boxes!! But they are going to be pricey!!

Beautiful, but also disappointing. With a new ancient trait I was hoping for a different attack, but now it just seems like its a slower version of a card that's whole shtick was being fast.

I think it will be a good alternative if you weren't able to get him out quick enough and he took some shots

The Shiny M-Rayquaza card is so colorful - especially for a colorless type! Now I'm wondering if we'll get new/alternate Ancient Traits on Primal Kyogre/Groudon - maybe the other Thetas?

To be fair, I am also glad that it isn't going to be the type of card that is really required M-Ray decks to function. That keeps the card rare for collectors, and not out of control rare like Tropical Beach.

Back