XY Alternate Form for Zygarde?

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
Will Zygarde have an alternate form?
zygarde-2.gif
This thread is pure speculation.

Ever since the third generation, there seems to be a growing trend with legendary Pokémon, alternate forms. A Pokémon having multiple unique forms has been a recurring concept throughout the Pokémon series. After Castform and Deoxys were introduced in the third generation, many Pokémon, including legendaries, have the ability to change form.

My question to you is, do you believe Zygarde will have an alternate form?

Why am I specifically looking at Zygarde? Take a look at Giratina and Kyurem, both are the mascots of their generation's third instalments, Platinum and Black2/White2. Both of these legendary Pokémon have alternate forms, but they weren't introduced until many months after the release of their generation's main series titles. Giratina's Origin Form wasn't introduced until two years after Diamond and Pearl's Japanese release. The same goes for Kyurem's alternate Black and White forms, they weren't revealed until nearly two years after Black and White's Japanese release.
If Game Freak keeps up the tradition, Zygarde is destined to be the mascot in the next instalment. (Pokémon Z?) Seeing that the fourth and fifth generation's third instalment's mascots, Giratina and Kyurem, gained alternate forms. It's quite possible that Zygarde, (the trio master of Xerneas and Yveltal?), might gain alternate forms as well.

So who thinks Zygarde will have an alternate form, or forms?
What method(s) will give Zygarde the ability to change it's form(s)?
Will it lose or gain any addition types? (Fairy, Dark, Poison, Steel....)
What would it's alternate form(s) look like?
You can post a drawing of what you think it would look like in this thread!

This thread is pure speculation, so there are no bad ideas. Well... maybe some.

RE: Will Zygarde have an alternate form?

Actually this is highly probable...

As it stands, being Dragon/Ground, Xerneas and Yveltal are immune to one of its STABs respectively. Perhaps we might see a form change that causes it to entirely change type. It's whole motif is to counter and un-counter the mortality legends... maybe we could see a Poison/Fairy combo? Or even Poison/Rock? Something that would turn the type match up, up side down.

I feel that it will have an alternate for that will mainly improve its stats seeing it only has a BST of 600 while both Xerneas and Yveltal have a BST of 680. Chances are its alternate form will similar to Giratina as it only has one and is possibly triggered by an item, or in the case of Keldeo/Meloetta a move. I can see GF possibly doing something more with its frill and those little tendril things.

OMG I can only hope so. I personally never really liked the design. I always felt like it was a beast waiting to come out of its cocoon or snake waiting to shed its skin.

I don't think it will have a new form, but an ability that reverses type matchups would be hilarious. It would ROFLstomp faries while being a dragon type.

I really think Zygarde will get at least one mega evolution in Z, which explains his poor BST.

If it happens, you saw it here first.

I'm thinking he'll get a Mega evolution as well. It would be a good way to tie Mega Evolutions into the plot, and it's a quick and easy way to give him a new form.

I doubt that he would get a Mega evo just due to the fact that they didn't give any Kalos Pokemon a Mega evo. I really do believe it will get another form which would be awesome.

I would love to see him get a new form or Mega Evolution in the next game, since he needs to get more focus as a Pokémon. There's a lot of potential for a cool storyline involving him, and a form or ME, combined with additional focus in the "sequel" Gen 6 game would really make Zygarde shine. :D Plus, his stats are kind of subpar for a legendary anyway...

I always thought he would get another forme but thats based off of his appearance for me.

He has no face. no arms, he just LOOKS like ...a cacoon..

To me it wouldnt make sense for him to get another look. a

emmah said:
I always thought he would get another forme but thats based off of his appearance for me.

Isn't Yveltal supposed to be the cacoon?

I think so. Alternatively, I'd consider that it'll probably get a Mega Evolution rather than a "forme".

It'd be interesting if they made him a Wyvern to fit with that Norse theme they seemed to be hinting at.

Blob55 said:
emmah said:

Isn't Yveltal supposed to be the cacoon?

storyline wise, yes you are completely correct. it looks like a cacoon until you battle it and then it looks more like a badass birdy thing to me.

Like i said for my opinion i personally am going off looks alone (no particular reason, i just am :p ) and to me, Zygarde looks more cacoon - like.

Actually Zygarde reminds me of some uncomplete Pokémon, with those arms/wings not yet fully developed and those things on its back/neck could turn into living mini-Zygarde, kind like a Medusa. Also, the asymmetrical mix between green and black has me thinking that it's shedding its skin yet not fully having done so.
As to evolution methods, beats me. I don't even wanna try thinking it, it's not important to me, though I have to say that taking into account that to me Mega-evolutions' requirements are way too lame, so would it be in Zygarde's case.

spyroflame0487 said:
I think so. Alternatively, I'd consider that it'll probably get a Mega Evolution rather than a "forme".

It'd be interesting if they made him a Wyvern to fit with that Norse theme they seemed to be hinting at.

Zygarde already fits the Norse theme, though, as Jörmungand or Nidhogg, take your pick. I think Nidhogg is probably the more likely of the two, just because there would be connection there between Yggdrasil (Xerneas) and Vedrfolnir/eagle (one of the possible inspirations for Yveltal).

He's like a snake right? Maybe he'll shed his skin and have a newer look. As of right now... can you picture him on the cover? Cause I saw Giratina back in DP and I was like "Oh that's cool a 3rd legendary dragon. I wonder if he'll be like on the cover like Rayquaza in Emerald? But he doesn't... look the part." And then I saw the Platinum cover and I was blown about how I was wrong and he did look cool but something was off. And I realized they gave him a new look.

And back when people were speculating about Pokemon "Grey" we kept saying how Kyurem was going to be the mascot, but again, he looked very plain and not very appealing on the cover. Then they gave him new forms as well and they actually looked cool on the cover.

I'm telling you when Z comes out, he's gonna have real eyes a mouth and maybe bigger wings, but... I dunno about arms and legs since... he would probably still need to look like a Z. I'm sure at some point in the game someone is gonna be like "there was once a Pokemon shaped like a Y and he revered in destruction while a Pokemon who looked like an X fought against that Pokemon... but in this aftermath... much was destroyed and the Earth was in ruins... trees withered and crops perished and famine was brought upon us... until... a Pokemon shaped like a Z awoke and restored our ecosystem!!"

...something like that... in X that's its Pokedex entry. It'll come and reveal its secret power.

I find it hard to believe that Kalos Pokemon have no Mega Evolutions when the mechanic is only found in that region. I think that Z will see the introduction of Mega Evolutions for Kalos natives.

PMJ said:
I find it hard to believe that Kalos Pokemon have no Mega Evolutions when the mechanic is only found in that region. I think that Z will see the introduction of Mega Evolutions for Kalos natives.
Exactly. They obviously just wanted to save it to Z, which also makes perfect sense since it would be kinda weird for all new Pokémon to have mevos anyway. I'm guessing that Heliolisk could get one fex. since it looks like it has not realized it's full potential. Hawlucha, too.

Zygarde is actually a worm. :p

What if, for once, Xerneas, Yveltal, AND Zygarde got upgrades? Xerneasite, Yveltalite, and Zygardite sound pretty sweet to me...

Reggie McGigas said:
I don't think it will have a new form, but an ability that reverses type matchups would be hilarious. It would ROFLstomp faries while being a dragon type.

It should get a new forme with that ability.

It would also be murdering Yveltal due to ground type.

Back