'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
Theyre just kinda standing there. I mean the detail is pretty good, but the background is bland and the girls arent posing or gesturing...

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Theyre just kinda standing there. I mean the detail is pretty good, but the background is bland and the girls arent posing or gesturing...
It's more of a slice of life image. Looking at the body language, it seems obvious to me that they're cheerfully talking to each other (also indicated by several 'talking' lines around them). They're probably talking about a meal that they're planning, given that Lana has her fishing rod with her and Mallow has her ingredients pouch with her. Lana seems to be suggesting something by how her hand is gesturing, and Mallow is agreeing, also by how her hand is gesturing. The poses of both their legs suggests that they're walking. And while the background isn't detailed, it is a simple cloud shape, implying that they're outside, possibly on their way to gather ingredients.

Or they're just standing. :rolleyes:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
It's more of a slice of life image. Looking at the body language, it seems obvious to me that they're cheerfully talking to each other (also indicated by several 'talking' lines around them). They're probably talking about a meal that they're planning, given that Lana has her fishing rod with her and Mallow has her ingredients pouch with her. Lana seems to be suggesting something by how her hand is gesturing, and Mallow is agreeing, also by how her hand is gesturing. The poses of both their legs suggests that they're walking. And while the background isn't detailed, it is a simple cloud shape, implying that they're outside, possibly on their way to gather ingredients.

Or they're just standing. :rolleyes:
I think that's kinda why I like this full art. I like the aspect of it kinda being a snapshot of just a normal day. It's a little bit of a change of pace, a breath of fresh air. "Refreshing as a spring breeze", as they say.

Some of my favorite cards recently are some of the alt. art tag teams where the Pokemon are just kinda... Living. Like Rowlet & Eggs, Greninja/Zoro, etc. I like that some of these supporters now are also trying that out. It's really nice.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I think that's kinda why I like this full art. I like the aspect of it kinda being a snapshot of just a normal day. It's a little bit of a change of pace, a breath of fresh air. "Refreshing as a spring breeze", as they say.

Some of my favorite cards recently are some of the alt. art tag teams where the Pokemon are just kinda... Living. Like Rowlet & Eggs, Greninja/Zoro, etc. I like that some of these supporters now are also trying that out. It's really nice.
Agreed! And though I do think we'll see some more Tag Team Supporters posing up a storm (like Red and Blue), I'm sure we'll be getting more of these interactions/slice of life full arts. For example, I can't really imagine Hala and Guzma posing; I think there would most likely be an amusing interaction. Cynthia certainly tends to strike a pose on her cards, but I can't really see Caitlin posing. Something more along the lines of the artwork from their sleeves and deck box, maybe? But I could be totally wrong on both.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Agreed! And though I do think we'll see some more Tag Team Supporters posing up a storm (like Red and Blue), I'm sure we'll be getting more of these interactions/slice of life full arts. For example, I can't really imagine Hala and Guzma posing; I think there would most likely be an amusing interaction. Cynthia certainly tends to strike a pose on her cards, but I can't really see Caitlin posing. Something more along the lines of the artwork from their sleeves and deck box, maybe? But I could be totally wrong on both.
Perhaps even some solo full arts could take that route in Sword and Shield's TCG. At least, I'd hope so, it would be a cool change of pace.

And yeah, you definitely have a point with some of those character combinations. I could even imagine a scene where Hala would be teaching Guzma something, either amusingly or it could just be a snapshot into the life Guzma leads post-game. Of course this is all speculative and they could be doing triple backflips on a volcano or something for all we know, Pokemon's always doing something unpredictable.

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
That monument of the creation trio broke and we can see it on three cards of the collection. Nosepass, teddiursa and skerlp if I can remember well. So nice

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I love the Alt FA of the Sinnoh Legends TTGX, and it is drawn by my fave, Kouki Saitou. (I love his? artworks since DPPt era. That's why.)

Scoop

Literally a sheep
They really took a creative route with the Dialga/Palkia/Arceus. Just when we got the stained glass bird trio, they turn to another depiction of legendaries in art in the Pokemon world. The Jigglypuff and Lopunny is also adorable, I love it. Naga/Guzz looks like they're having some kind of argument or something, it's pretty funny looking. From what I can tell with the rest of the FAs in this set, I'm pretty happy with most of them. All the regular ones of the Tag Teams are pretty great (angry puff is beautiful) as are the alts. The full art trainers are alright, Mallow/Lana and Cynthia/Caitlin are great.

Gotta say? With the amount of new Pokemon we got, and the quality of the ultras and art overall? This is one of the best Sun and Moon era sets out there-they're really ending off this era with a bang and I'm really happy about it.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
The quality of the creation trio IS fudging AMAZING.

I may make a deck with them just to flex - if they're not just printed in a set other than Cosmic Eclipse.

Also Guzma + Hala really paid off. Red and Blue looks eh, but it's an improvement over the regular art. Same for Lana and Mallow, and Cynthia and Caitlin.