'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Chaotic Swell seems solid for decks that don't need stadiums. Unfortunately, all the tier 1 decks do need them right now.

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I could see Chaotic Swell working well with Pikarom as Lysandre Labs isn't that crucial to the deck. Only issue is you would have to be very careful about placing it down if you haven't used Thunder Mountain. Other than that it could make for a great counter stadium, which is essentially what Labs is in the deck. Yeah Labs gives you an edge on Shedinja (which isn't really played as much right now) and helps with Malamar, but I could easily see Chaotic Swell helping the Malamar match anyway if they can't get their Viridian Forest in play to get energy in the discard. Would also prevent you from getting hit with Power Plant/Wondrous Labyrinth/Black Market, which all hurt more.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Buzzwole's ability name looks like it has the same Japanese name as Beast Boost from the video games. Maybe we'll see a Stakataka that reduces damage for each prize taken or a Pheromosa that reduces attack/retreat cost to represent Defense or Speed.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Buzzwole - if the opponent reaches 3 prizes left, and it has a Beastite attached, this does 120-170 for 2 energy. Too bad it won't be a deck on its own and being thrown as a tech card. Welder is also a major problem. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Chaotic Swell - Good on the existing #StadiumWars 3-4 Geodudes

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
More lazy art on the tag team supporters, lol. Card is good though, Olympia saw some play and mallow/Lana is loads better

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Wow this new stadium counters prism star stadiums as well, which is probably one of the coolest things about it. Problem is of you do use a crucial stadium like prism star stadiums, it looks like this would affect it still even if it's your own. So maybe not a good idea in Pikarom

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Ken Sugimori, listen, we really appreciate you, pal, but you gotta stop illustrating these cards.

I hope this is a joke, right?
Sugimori is the artist of all default Pokemon and trainers. Whoever "designed" these cards just took Sugimori's stock art and plopped it on a random background. Don't blame Sugimori for the TCG misusing his art so abhorrently.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I hope this is a joke, right?
Sugimori is the artist of all default Pokemon and trainers. Whoever "designed" these cards just took Sugimori's stock art and plopped it on a random background. Don't blame Sugimori for the TCG misusing his art so abhorrently.
I know.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Alright, let’s do this once last time.
My name is Miles Mo—

So, TPCI, love ya fam, but you gotta stop throwing Sugimori in like it’s sugar in a cake recipe.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Ken Sugimori, listen, we really appreciate you, pal, but you gotta stop illustrating these cards.
It's not that his artwork sucks, it's that the TCG keeps on using his "stock" artwork. I remember back when Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge were around and all of the Sugimori artwork there were original to those sets.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
It's not that his artwork sucks, it's that the TCG keeps on using his "stock" artwork. I remember back when Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge were around and all of the Sugimori artwork there were original to those sets.
Those were great, I always really liked the Gym sets because of the unique Ken art they had, didn't a few Rocket cards have that too? More recently we had the N and Lysandre full arts in BW and XY he did that were some of my favorites.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Almost every "regular" Supporter card uses Sugimori art and that's nothing new. However, TCG tends to reuse the same stock art for multiple card, for instance Volkner talking a sit at two different places on two different cards.
However, these Tag Teams are extremely lazy, since it's meant to be a special type of card. It looks jarring to just have two generic trainer images stuck on a generic background.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
This Buzzwole has mileage. He's a late game single prize attacker that packs a wallop. With one prize left, or beast energy and two prizes, he can hit 160/170, which is Dedenne range. His only downside is the two energy attachment, but that's not too bad considering one has all game to set the Bug up. Not worried about the fire weakness - he's a single prize attacker who's there for offense and not defense.

Chaotic Swell - PTCG spends a year and the past 4 sets building up great stadiums and adding a dimension to the game in stadium wars. This card is the wet blanket / buzzkill to that escalation.

The Fish

0.o
Buzzwole's art is also a refrence to One Punch Man, when Saitama punched through the meteor. What's even more ironic is that Saitama's only 'weakness' are mosquitoes. Buzzwole is, in fact, a mosquito. I need this card...

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
You’re absolutely right, they’re not bad. I always considered them as more concept-y type things, just to establish an appearance so that other artists can have at it.
If TPCI isn’t going to illustrate these, why don’t they do another artist contest and a bunch of them get thrown into the trainer spot? That’s a cool idea.
“You may illustrate one of the following:”
Guzma and Hala
Mallow and Lana
Kiawe and Sophocles
Or something like that.
my apologies if none of these cards exist, I’m not up to date with all the blandness TPCI’s been producing.