ALL 'Flashfire' Scans! [4/25]

No im bummed out too what would have been awesome is metallic foil mega's like the gold ones from Legendary Treasures but theyed be Red metal foil for the Y mega and Blue or darker gold for the X mega of Charizard

lol what's the deal with the ULTRA SUPER SECRET RARE ONE OF A KIND cards being basically carbon copies of another in the set?

"Congrats, you pulled the rarest card in the set!"

"Oh boy, what's it look like?!"

"Just like that other one, but with a bit of gold color!"

Edit: oh I see that this has been discussed to death already. Whoops.

Same here. I would´ve liked if they at least did the URs with texturing like the FAs but kept the design of the regular EX with the layout color change to gold. Just changing the layout and overlay text to gold wasn´t enough imo...

Well maybe they'll improve for future sets but trial and error seems a bit unprofessional and disappointing.

I bought a box anyway... if I get a Charizard, it'll make up for it.

My prerelease went pretty great. The first pack I get had a regular Charizard EX with Stoke (didn't even use it though) and I was able to get it charged with Torch+Blacksmith almost every game and wreck shop with it. I would have liked a FA of it instead, but I'm still happy I got something cool. I also got two Durants which I was worried I wouldn't get any from the packs when I saw it was a Rare so that's awesome.

dmaster out.

I'm so looking forward to this set, I see some beautiful artwork and a lot of Pokémon that I really like.
And of course I'm super excited that this set also includes a few Fairy-type! :D

D.N.A said:
Not sure if this has been touched upon yet, but...

In Wild Blaze the secret rare versions of the Megas have Japanese attack names in the art (whereas the regular set Megas have English attack names in the art).

In contrast, in Flashfire all of the Megas (regardless of whether they're secret rare or not) have Japanese attack names in the art.
That's why the English name of the attacks on Japanese UR are different from the English attacks' name. For example: Guren Dive on UR Japanese Mega, Crimson Dive on English Mega. This time, the name on the artwork is not the same in Japanese and English name (it was the same on Venusaur and Blastoise artworks).

RE: 95+ 'Flashfire' Scans! [4/25]

Nageki said:
What should i expect?

I plan to buy the flashfire booster box once it goes in mexico ¿Should i?

i am an collector but i plan to build a deck i don't know if i should buy that booster box or other one

anyone know the average per booster box yet?

A couple of the guys at my prerelease bought boxes but only one of them actually opened it there in the shop. He ended up getting SEVEN ultra rares, one being a full art CharizardEX and a secret rare M KangaskhanEX. I even got a full art from my 8 packs and it surprised me because I have terrible luck most of the time :(.
I think it's safe to say that Flashfire has way better pull rates than XY (Only got 3 ultra rare in my XY box).

Kind of a shame that Florges has such wimpy HP for being one of the biggest tanks in the game.

Flower Veil was better suited for it too. I kind of wish Roserade's mega drain was better too. I plan to scale more packs than I do buying them randomly for this set.

Im not to mad about the URs because they wont make them as long as they see people don't value them, don't want them to make Urs with just gold? don't trade or sell them for any more than the regular megas, simple as that.

So who's the mature one that decided to blur out the scanned Pidgey's attack to make it look worse that it needed to be?

Secretsof2113 said:
So who's the mature one that decided to blur out the scanned Pidgey's attack to make it look worse that it needed to be?

Check the third post (and the next ones) of the thread.

Everyone liked that idea...

The Mega Evolution Ultra Rares in this set are so stupid. They should've made them full arts, but instead we get a slightly gold border...

Damn, I kinda wanna test Florges in fairies, but I fear it's too slow. I need to put ShreadQuaza in to fight Pyroar and Carbink in as a finisher for definite I feel. I might build Butterfree/Miltank for the lulz too x3
This set's just as good, if not better than XY, in my opinion!

MT. Equin0x said:
The Mega Evolution Ultra Rares in this set are so stupid. They should've made them full arts, but instead we get a slightly gold border...

The big problem with this is that it's not noticeable enough. I guarantee you'll hear a lot about scams or people miss-estimating the worth of their secret rares from this set.

I'm really looking forward to shiftry. It's like an Empoleon that can ohko things and its ability draws 1 more card. The only downside is a slightly higher attack cost, but I still feel its a good card.

I actually really want a Carbink. BADLY. 100 damage for 3 fairy energy is fantastic. The low HP will keep it out of competetive play, most likely, but I still want this to complete the fairy deck that I'm finishing up...

Oh, and Florges is like Dragons Exalted Milotic, but worse.

RE: 95+ 'Flashfire' Scans! [4/25]

Machamp The Champion said:
Startling Megaphone and Trick Shovel? I much prefer the Japanese names to the English ones. That's to be expected by this point, I guess.

Does anyone know if the golden Mega Evolutions are in this set? I would assume so, but there's no sure way if knowing unless someone sees them, since they're secret rares.

I'll be going to a Prerelease Sunday. I'll send any scans WPM still needs to him if I get any.
yeah they are my friend pulled one they are secret rares.

While I do like the URs pokemon kind of dropped the ball on them, seeing how the concept is ok but lazy. The pokemon in the artwork could have been shiny. Or full art. Or at least have English text! Not just a recolored card!

GadgetJax said:
I actually really want a Carbink. BADLY. 100 damage for 3 fairy energy is fantastic. The low HP will keep it out of competetive play, most likely, but I still want this to complete the fairy deck that I'm finishing up...

Oh, and Florges is like Dragons Exalted Milotic, but worse.

Rainbow Spear (Xerneas' second attack) also does 100 for 3 Fairy. (Well, 2 Fairy and a Colorless, but same thing.)

Back