Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
All 98 regular cards from S12 Paradigm Trigger have just been revealed! The set releases in Japan next Friday. This will be Japan’s final main series Sword & Shield set.
We should see the reveal of the set’s secret rare cards over the next week — stay tuned!
Many (but not all) of the cards from this set and August’s Incandescent Arcana will become part of our Silver Tempest set next month. Silver Tempest will also include cards that were cut from our Lost Origin set...

Continue reading...

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
With this set, here are the mon without a card in this era. Also the only Gen VIII mon wihout a nom rulebox card so far is Eternatus.

Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Rattata
Raticate
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Sandshrew
Alolan Sandslash
Nidoran♀
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran♂
Nidorino
Nidoking
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Diglett
Alolan Dugtrio
Alolan Meowth
Alolan Persian
Abra
Kadabra
Alolan Geodude
Alolan Graveler
Alolan Golem
Doduo
Alolan Grimer
Alolan Muk
Alolan Marowak
Omanyte
Kabuto
Kabutops

Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Typhlosion
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Slowking
Corsola
Tyrogue
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby

Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Azurill
Volbeat
Illumise
Gulpin
Swalot
Lileep
Cradily
Wynaut

Budew
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Happiny
Munchlax
Mantyke

Snivy
Servine
Patrat
Watchog
Audino
Darumaka
Darmanitan
Yamask
Cofagrigus
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Alomomola

Chespin
Quilladin
Froakie
Frogadier
Spritzee
Aromatisse
Tyrunt
Tyrantrum
Amaura
Aurorus

Popplio
Brionne
Primarina
Type: Null
Silvally
Minior
Jangmo-o
Hakamo-o
Kommo-o
Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Xurkitree
Celesteela
Kartana
Guzzlord
Poipole
Naganadel
Stakataka
Blacephalon

Gloose

Aspiring Trainer
Man I still don't know if anything from this set is gonna be major, besides the vstar items. Lugia is super cool, but its reliance on fossils and a rotating energy concerns me. Other gimmicks exists, but so far to me they just seem like gimmicks. Will just have to wait and see...

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
BELLOSSOM!! It's been so long my child ;-;

Also big fan of the Solosis being in the same place at the same time as Snom from Shining Fates, more two-part art too please! Also that Gloom is adorable

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Okay I'm here to make sure about something I heard somewhere else; apparently the VStar tool, specifically the Forest Seal Stone, bypasses the ability nullifier of Path to the Peak. Is this true? If yes, why?

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Interesting to see the trump reference

European here, not trying to comment on your politics, just commenting on the fact it is a political topic

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I wish that omanyte wasn't a V, but that's okay. The armaldo is the main card I want from this set. So, SO good.

PS haha american politics is a dumpster fire, pass it on

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
Okay I'm here to make sure about something I heard somewhere else; apparently the VStar tool, specifically the Forest Seal Stone, bypasses the ability nullifier of Path to the Peak. Is this true? If yes, why?

Yes, it does. It's the same interaction that prevents you from selecting a Rapid/Single Strike Scroll attack off a Scroll attached to an opponent's Pokemon with something that's copying their attacks like Ninetales V or Ditto VMAX.

Specifically, the wording of Path to the Peak says "Pokemon with a Rule Box in play have no Abilities." However, because the Forest Seal Stone says "the Pokemon it's attached to may use this Ability," rather than it "has this Ability," Path doesn't catch it, because the Pokemon you attach the Stone to doesn't actually have that Ability, it can just use it. Tricky interaction, but a long-standing one with a long history of "Tool gives X" going all the way back to the e-Card era before Ruby and Sapphire.

Along those lines, you also won't see Flapple EVS or Zeraora VMAX's damage go up if the Stone is attached to an opposing Pokemon.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Oddish/Gloom/Belossom - not in the set because this card is bland. 2/2/2
Chesnaught V - very bland to me, idk to some. That's my impression. 3
Tangela/Tangrowth - not in the set, same opinion to Belossom. 2/2
Spinarak/Ariados - pretty mid to me. Easily counterable. Sableye is a thing. 3/3
Virizion/Keldeo/Cobalion/Terrakion - Although Cobalion could help some decks against Dark decks, this musketeer deck is hard to work without decent energy accel. 3-4/4/4/3-4
Ponyta/Rapidash - Basically nerfed Volcanion but applicable to everyone. 3/4-5
Victini - things like this rarely work in this meta. 3-4
Larvesta/Volcarona - good thing that it was cut from the set. 1/1
Litten/Torracat/Incineroar - I know stage 2, but any future Litten/Torracat must keep this card in mind. 3-4/3/4
Omastar V - I still don't like it. 3
Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass - I hate that "If you use X, you must do Y" attacks. Feels like a compulsory attack. 3/3/3
Relicanth - good early game. 3
Raichu - VSTAR smth. 3-4
Pikachu/Togedemaru/Morpeko/Dedenne - what happens if the chain is broken? because they don't have a free retreat and low hp. 3-4 (ALL)
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray - idk y this was cut from the set. This Luxio and Luxray are good cards. 3/4/5
Stunfisk - 3
Helioptile/Heliolisk - good thing it was cut from the set. 1/1
Zeraora - first thing I see this, this Zeraora could be a tech against Palkia. You'll run Eleki anyway. 4
Regieleki V/VMAX - Both are good anyway. VMax boosting the V for all-out Palkia KO (Palkia runs Kyurem anyway, so yeah). 4/4-5
Unown V/VSTAR - We'll run onto the Drapion V situation. 4/3
Meditite/Medicham - pretty low damage and having 4 cards in hand it ain't easy to maintain every turn. 3/3
Sigilyph - idk man, but it'll be busted on turn 1 going first, but it depends on the matchup. 4
Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus - y tho? 3/3/3
Elgyem/Beeheeyem - Another one of those. 2/2
H. Arcanine V - I think we have a good partner for Claydol. If not, we to find someone. 4
Baltoy/Claydol - F types are forever not having an essential and decent energy acceleration. 3/4
Anorith/Armaldo - I just think that this could help against Sableye, maybe it's just me. 3/3
Pancham/Pangoro - good thing it was snapped in the set. It's just bad. 1/1
Rockruff/Lycanroc - ... 3/3-4
Stonjourner - 3
Skuntank V - is good for sniping the bench. 4
Purrloin/Liepard - we finally have a reason why we have Swsh 12.5 1/1
Skrelp/Dragalge - In a format where Comfey runs a bunch of switch cards, Nah. 2/2
Perrserker/G. Meowth - how's the day, folks? 1/1
Aron/Larion/Aggron - Siri or Alexa? 2/2/2
Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite - outside Regidrago, nah. 2/2/3 (4 Geodudes in a specific deck)
Noibat/Noivern - I don't get why we have to choose 1 Radiant Pokemon when you can only allow to run 1 Radiant of any description per deck. 2/4
Zygarde - things like this wont work in this meta. 3-4
Regidrago V/VSTAR - Allllllllllright! I was proven wrong. 3/5
Tauros - never gonna give you up... 2
Yungoos/Gumshoos - never gonna let you down... 2/2
Shaymin - never gonna run around and desert you. 3
Archen/Archeops - I'm afraid how good it is outside Lugia VSTAR. 3/4-5
Lugia V/VSTAR - Make sense, it's the poster child of the set, it should be good. 3/5
Rufflet/H. Braviary - 3/3
Oranguru - oh wait, Oranguru to Prof Research your opponent's hand, that's pretty deceptive. 4 Still cut from the set, sadge mate
Quad Stone - Still don't like it. 3
Earthen/Forest Seal Stone - well, Forest one is not just a very good tool card, but also a counter to Path to the Peak. 3/5
Worker - oh my. 3
Brandon - I waited for Brandon until it turns out to be a nerfed Colress. 3-4
Lance - oh my another Winona. 3
Candice - 3-4
Regenerative Energy - 4

Last edited: