All 98 “Paradigm Trigger” Cards Revealed!

Cat sitting on your keyboard and blocking the monitor... that Purrloin card speaks for my real life experiences... I must have it.

That Sigilyph looks SOOO GOOD!! ?

Love the new oranguru which is gonna add a lot of value for 1 prize decks. Can't wait to play these new cards! ?

Last edited:
i quite like this hisuian arcanine v, definitely has a great ability and can synergize pretty well with the new claydol for sure. definitely gotta look into ways to make that work.

Yes, it does. It's the same interaction that prevents you from selecting a Rapid/Single Strike Scroll attack off a Scroll attached to an opponent's Pokemon with something that's copying their attacks like Ninetales V or Ditto VMAX.

Specifically, the wording of Path to the Peak says "Pokemon with a Rule Box in play have no Abilities." However, because the Forest Seal Stone says "the Pokemon it's attached to may use this Ability," rather than it "has this Ability," Path doesn't catch it, because the Pokemon you attach the Stone to doesn't actually have that Ability, it can just use it. Tricky interaction, but a long-standing one with a long history of "Tool gives X" going all the way back to the e-Card era before Ruby and Sapphire.

Along those lines, you also won't see Flapple EVS or Zeraora VMAX's damage go up if the Stone is attached to an opposing Pokemon.
Just wanted to post that this explanation is exactly how the interaction works in case anyone else has any doubts!752CDC42-BB0D-4F76-B942-F92120A6D116.jpeg

Yes, it does. It's the same interaction that prevents you from selecting a Rapid/Single Strike Scroll attack off a Scroll attached to an opponent's Pokemon with something that's copying their attacks like Ninetales V or Ditto VMAX.

Specifically, the wording of Path to the Peak says "Pokemon with a Rule Box in play have no Abilities." However, because the Forest Seal Stone says "the Pokemon it's attached to may use this Ability," rather than it "has this Ability," Path doesn't catch it, because the Pokemon you attach the Stone to doesn't actually have that Ability, it can just use it. Tricky interaction, but a long-standing one with a long history of "Tool gives X" going all the way back to the e-Card era before Ruby and Sapphire.

Along those lines, you also won't see Flapple EVS or Zeraora VMAX's damage go up if the Stone is attached to an opposing Pokemon.
Wait so this tool gets around all ability denial, even stuff like garbotoxin or silent lab in expanded?

Yeah some people cant stop thinking about him

Amazing that even after all this time the derangement syndrome still affects them. Maybe it's a Freudian thing and they deep down want him to be their daddy? I mean, these levels of child-like obsession and silliness can only be explained by some deep rooted psychological trouble, this is not normal.

I'm excited for the Hatefulsoreloserwholosttheelectionandtriedtodestroydemocracytoholduphisfragileego-goose card

With this set, here are the mon without a card in this era. Also the only Gen VIII mon wihout a nom rulebox card so far is Eternatus.

Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Rattata
Raticate
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Sandshrew
Alolan Sandslash
Nidoran♀
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran♂
Nidorino
Nidoking
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Diglett
Alolan Dugtrio
Alolan Meowth
Alolan Persian
Abra
Kadabra
Alolan Geodude
Alolan Graveler
Alolan Golem
Doduo
Alolan Grimer
Alolan Muk
Alolan Marowak
Omanyte
Kabuto
Kabutops

Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Typhlosion
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Slowking
Corsola
Tyrogue
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby

Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Azurill
Volbeat
Illumise
Gulpin
Swalot
Lileep
Cradily
Wynaut

Budew
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Happiny
Munchlax
Mantyke

Snivy
Servine
Patrat
Watchog
Audino
Darumaka
Darmanitan
Yamask
Cofagrigus
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Alomomola

Chespin
Quilladin
Froakie
Frogadier
Spritzee
Aromatisse
Tyrunt
Tyrantrum
Amaura
Aurorus

Popplio
Brionne
Primarina
Type: Null
Silvally
Minior
Jangmo-o
Hakamo-o
Kommo-o
Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Xurkitree
Celesteela
Kartana
Guzzlord
Poipole
Naganadel
Stakataka
Blacephalon
Poor Minior and Primarina line , absolutely robbed

And with another deletion of my post I will leave another one. If the rules of the Pokebeach website are no politics they should be followed by everyone. I do believe that it was indeed the WPM himself that stated that this was a fan site for Pokemon and not a place to discuss political issues. So the questions becomes: is it ok to talk politics about certain figures in society and not adhere to your own rules as long as it fits your opinion? Or should the rules be enforced across the board? It is interesting how both deleted posts of mine were actually harmless to everyone except the person that was not following the rules. I suppose it is a "rules for thee and not for me" situation. I however feel that above anyone that uses Pokebeach the most profession and adherence to the rules should be from the person that runs the site. We'll see how long it takes for this one to come down.
Anyway, the cards from the set look cool and I can't wait to play with them.

Interesting to see the trump reference

European here, not trying to comment on your politics, just commenting on the fact it is a political topic

Personal politics aside, I honestly didn’t appreciate that reference. I thought Pokébeach was better than that.

Anywho, I see quite a few mini themes in this set. I’m sure very few will be viable outside pre-release format, but you never know.

Stonjurner looks like a better version of the Golurk from Cosmic Eclipse. With energy acceleration from Claydoll it could make for a fun meme deck.

Is it possible to use Earthen Seal Stone’s VStar attack with Unidentified Fossil and then one-shot every V using Armaldo? Not many people play healing these days….challenge accepted!

Back