Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon has updated PTCGO with all the cards from Celebrations! These are digital images and do not fully represent how the cards look when printed on Pokemon’s holofoil paper. They are “non-holo” images.
The set’s products will officially hit store shelves on October 8th. As posted before, each Celebrations booster pack contains four holo cards. Celebrations booster packs can only be found within Celebrations products.
‘Celebrations’ Main Set
The main set contains 25 brand new cards featuring Legendary Pokemon, Pikachu, and Professor Oak. The Legendary Pokemon represent every generation.

1-Ho-Oh-Celebrations-144x200.webp

#001 Ho-Oh

2-Reshiram-Celebrations-144x200.webp

#002 Reshiram

3-Kyogre-Celebrations-144x200.webp

#003 Kyogre...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Joshua198989

Aspiring Trainer
Scalping is already rife with the Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Ultra–Premium Collection; however, I honestly believe the Ultra Premium collection will get reprinted. I know they haven’t done this previously for HF for example but the TPCi is showing signs that it is bucking a lot of trends (ie releasing the Japanese tag team and comp winner eevee cards). They have previously announced recognition of the shortage of some products and said that they will keep printing to demand. There is nothing to suggest this is an early exclusive only product either. I generally believe this will be released again in a future wave so don’t going buying scalper prices on eBay! *I have one of these boxes preordered; will most likely keep it sealed!

Minccino_Man

Aspiring Trainer
Not going to complain about this set like everyone else is. I hyped for it and glad with what we get cuz it's better than nothing. However it seems like a missed opportunity to have more newer Pokemon in old styles of cards. It's super cool.

Also I really with reprints of retro cards wasn't such a special thing limited to an anniversary set. I think if they did mass retro reprint sets like other TCGs it would be a win/win.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Wait, the regular set is tournament-legal? Some of these cards don't look bad, especially Mew being a soft-Jirachi. If it turns out to be playable, we might have a meta card that costs hundreds due to scalping.

Nicholas Chang

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, the regular set is tournament-legal? Some of these cards don't look bad, especially Mew being a soft-Jirachi. If it turns out to be playable, we might have a meta card that costs hundreds due to scalping.
You may have missed the normal holo mew that's in the set that i'm betting will not cost more than a couple dollars.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
You may have missed the normal holo mew that's in the set that i'm betting will not cost more than a couple dollars.
No, I mean the regular holo Mew. I don't see myself getting my hands on any of that product, unless it's really overprinted. The hype is unreal, the bubble is essentially already here before it's even released, it would take a ton of product to burst through it and devalue these cards.

Lambda901354

Aspiring Trainer
None of the 25 cards are tournament-legal because they don’t have a regulation mark.
Uh, shouldn't the BW-on reprints still be legal in expanded? From the official website:
The Celebrations expansion includes a subset called the Classic Collection, which features cards from the entire history of the Pokémon TCG—all the way back to the Base Set. These cards are considered reprints of the original cards, meaning that they're only legal in formats where the original cards would be legal.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Love all the cards. But I miss in the reprint section: cards from Jungle en Fossil, Gym leader cards, e-cards, SL-cards from Col, Shiny Pokemon from DPPt and BW, maybe an Arceus and Rotom card, don’t forget a cards from de LTR/Gen subset and Tag Team Pokemon. But I love already everything we get!

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
How many scalpers do I have to kill just to get my hands on just one pack??

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Psychic Zacian V is gonna help Shadow Rider a good deal. It gives you a strong turn 1 play (2 energy attached) while 150-180 is threatening enough for 2HKOs without requiring you to leave your Shadow Riders vulnerable. Deck will probably still play the Alcremie line for high burst damage, but this moves Shadow Rider from attacker to more of a supporter role.

Mew (as I have been saying since its reveal in May) is welcome consistency in a format invaded by Shady Dealings. As long as the card is not hard to get on TCG Live, I will consider myself satisfied. It has Scoop Up Net, Switch and Air Balloon, so basically all the tools that Stellar Wish used to have at the height of its usage.

PokeDan23

Pokemon Fan Since 1999
Good luck getting this stuff. Ultra Premium Collection is being sold for $400 at card/hobby stores so I can only imagine what the prices will be like on places like ebay...

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Any they end up with that ugly, uncreative pikachu logo. Is that the best they could do? At least they should have shrink the logo and not overlap it with the images. As for the logo, I would recommend a gold pokeball with 25 on it. That logo would be holofoiled of course, or at least something similar to it. The images should be cosmic holo, and rather using the logo of the set replace it with a new logo. They had plenty of time thinking it over. The only plus side is they remove wizards since they literally screwed up the pokemon TCG, especially the gym sets which were my favorite.

Last edited:

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
Didn't get a chance to pre-order. I hope I will be able to get my stuff at release at MSRP or else this is the nail in the coffin for me.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
As long as the card is not hard to get on TCG Live, I will consider myself satisfied.

I hope special sets become avaible for everyone unlike PTCGO which never get special sets on store, cause without tradig could be very hard to get cards from special sets