About Lost World and Hunter...

dragonpulse20 said:
Yes, my deck is a perfect build. The stratedgy is solid and will be easy to pull off. I haven't tested it yet because there is a TON of cards I will have to Proxy so it would take forever.

No deck is perfect. You should post it so we can pick at it.

dragonpulse20 said:
Actual yes, Uxie X is more consitent. It is much easy to get out and go back to the deck.

Yes, my deck is a perfect build. The stratedgy is solid and will be easy to pull off. I haven't tested it yet because there is a TON of cards I will have to Proxy so it would take forever.
Imma lol when I see you get donked with your "perfect deck".

Lost World is not broken. It will not be banned. Lou does bring up a point, though. Lost World is PERFECTLY balanced in Japan. They play 3 prizes, but PT-on. We still have MD-on. People should stop complaining and be creative. We aren't gonna see a number change on the card. Dialga G X can be a tech against the deck.

People will quit because of it. Lost Link will come to US most likely. It was a miniset, but we'll probably get it as part of a normal set. Once again, players should suck it up and work it out.

Its very poor marketing if lost world/gengar/etc are not released. While some players may quit, many more packs of the set will be sold as people frenzy for the new crazy deck cards.
I'm not worried.

(Btw, I'm building. Flying pikachu deck with ERL and RDL tech. I know its a perfect build, 'cause I won worlds with it.)

Zero said:
Lou does bring up a point, though. Lost World is PERFECTLY balanced in Japan. They play 3 prizes, but PT-on. We still have MD-on. People should stop complaining and be creative. We aren't gonna see a number change on the card. Dialga G X can be a tech against the deck.

Lou's point was that lost world ISN'T Balanced over there even though they play 4 prizes to our six.

Bingo. Lost World is very strong in Japan, akin to Luxchomp over here. Yet they play with less prizes then we do, therefore Lost World doesn't have as much time as it will have here.

Hardly a "perfect build". You play only two Lost World stadiums (which you depend so heavily on for your win condition), you're playing Black Belt and Expert Belt (and yet your deck doesn't actually do real damage), you're playing a random Good Rod, only two Pokemon Collector, only TWO Bebe's Search, and only TWO Super Scoop Up. Some perfect deck.

Lunar Wing said:
Hardly a "perfect build". You play only two Lost World stadiums (which you depend so heavily on for your win condition), you're playing Black Belt and Expert Belt (and yet your deck doesn't actually do real damage), you're playing a random Good Rod, only two Pokemon Collector, only TWO Bebe's Search, and only TWO Super Scoop Up. Some perfect deck.

God, give the guy a break. He's 12 years old (well, so am I) and your expecting him to make the next metagame deck or something? Sure, his deck needs some help, but every deck can show potential. Stop flaming.

PikachewTofu said:
God, give the guy a break. He's 12 years old (well, so am I) and your expecting him to make the next metagame deck or something? Sure, his deck needs some help, but every deck can show potential. Stop flaming.
But when someone is making hyperbolic claims such as having "the perfect build", it's only natural to be suspicious. Lunar Wing makes perfectly valid points; it's not flaming, it's constructive criticism.

Also, never cite age as an excuse for a poor contention. If you think being 12 really is an impediment, don't incite criticism by claiming to have "the perfect build".

Dichromate said:
But when someone is making hyperbolic claims such as having "the perfect build", it's only natural to be suspicious. Lunar Wing makes perfectly valid points; it's not flaming, it's constructive criticism.

Also, never cite age as an excuse for a poor contention. If you think being 12 really is an impediment, don't incite criticism by claiming to have "the perfect build".
Well, I never knew he said that it was a "perfect build". I know it's a long way off, but why are we all yelling at him? He's right on one thing, there's a lot of spamming here.

Anyway, back to the topic. I proxied all of the lost world cards. I'm going to destroy everyone at league tomorrow and show my record as evidence of how unbalanced the cards are. Here's my build.

ghastly x3
haunter x2
gengar prime x3
gengar x x1
mew prime x4
spiritomb x1
mr. mime x1
uxie x3
uxie x x1
unown q x1

Pokemon Collector x3
Bebee's x3
Luxury Ball x1
Pokemon Comm. x2
Hunter x4
vs. seeker x2
Cynthia's Feelings x2
Looker's Investigation x2
Pokemon Rescue x2
Rare Candy x3
Lost World x4

Psychic energy x12

amisheskimoninja said:
Anyway, back to the topic. I proxied all of the lost world cards. I'm going to destroy everyone at league tomorrow and show my record as evidence of how unbalanced the cards are. Here's my build.

ghastly x3
haunter x2
gengar prime x3
gengar x x1
mew prime x4
spiritomb x1
mr. mime x1
uxie x3
uxie x x1
unown q x1

Pokemon Collector x3
Bebee's x3
Luxury Ball x1
Pokemon Comm. x2
Hunter x4
vs. seeker x2
Cynthia's Feelings x2
Looker's Investigation x2
Pokemon Rescue x2
Rare Candy x3
Lost World x4

Psychic energy x12

I can't relaly say that that will be what CCs will be like if thats when LL comes out. Sure it might do good and you'll win some games but what happens when that becomes the suposed BDIF that everyone plays? And you play mirror or a counter deck? or things start teching for this matchup? I doubt you will play against any of these as no one is testing for htat format yet. There testing for MD-UD for Battle roads not MD-LL for CCs.

PikachewTofu
Thankyou. There are tons of good 12 year olds, not like I'm 5 though. Then it would be an excuse. This is my first year of playing competatively. If you saw what I ran for CC, and what I run now, you would be VERY surprised.

Lunar wing: You are really getting on my nerves. This was a rough build. When LL comes out I will perfect it. I built the deck in about 20 minutes. Not much time or effort into it. I have some randomn cards but so what. You were flaming like crazy. I will completely fix it later. It is still pretty good. The only thing I have to work on is my TSS.

edit I don't use 4 scoop up because it is too flippy when I have a Hunter in my hand.

dragonpulse20 said:
PikachewTofu
Thankyou. There are tons of good 12 year olds, not like I'm 5 though. Then it would be an excuse. This is my first year of playing competatively. If you saw what I ran for CC, and what I run now, you would be VERY surprised.

Lunar wing: You are really getting on my nerves. This was a rough build. When LL comes out I will perfect it. I built the deck in about 20 minutes. Not much time or effort into it. I have some randomn cards but so what. You were flaming like crazy. I will completely fix it later. It is still pretty good. The only thing I have to work on is my TSS.

edit I don't use 4 scoop up because it is too flippy when I have a Hunter in my hand.

I thought you said you built the perfect list. And about the trainers being random, you're right about that. Who in their right mind would put some of those things in (especially Expert Belt, Black Belt, and a single Good Rod).

@goldenthum:
Hunter - Supporter

Each player returns 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to it to his or her hand. You return your cards first.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

So the person using it returns the Pokemon first.

Well, it was near the perfect build, for 20 minutes of time. I run my decks a lot different then others do, I hate using the exact smae list almost. I personalize my decks. That is what I did with my lostgar. I only run 2 Lost world the smae reason I only run 2 BTS in my decks, I only want to run 2. I always draw into it fast, so why have 4? Expert belt helps so I can do some damage, and Black belt is really good in this deck. It doesn't take much prizes(how I built it), so my oppenent in almost always in the lead, so an extra 40 doesn't hurt.

Now I have to go read a book for a summer school assinment.

PokeKid Brandon said:
I can't relaly say that that will be what CCs will be like if thats when LL comes out. Sure it might do good and you'll win some games but what happens when that becomes the suposed BDIF that everyone plays? And you play mirror or a counter deck? or things start teching for this matchup? I doubt you will play against any of these as no one is testing for htat format yet. There testing for MD-UD for Battle roads not MD-LL for CCs.

So you won't accept logical arguments, the cards effect on the Japanese metagame, or my results at league. So basically there's no point to discussing this with you because you will accept no form of reason until the cards come out in America.

@dragonpulse20: It doesn't make sense to be trying to do damage with a deck that isn't meant to take prizes. And what the hell do you plan on attacking with? Find that Expert Belt and one Black Belt to do 80 with an Uxie? That won't KO a lot of things. So then is it to attack with Uxie Lv.X? 120 is getting better but then now you won't send the Pokemon to the Lost Zone AND you're giving the opponent an extra prize card when they KO Uxie.

@AEM: He's just saying that it's an unfair battle when you're using cards from LL when most of your opponents (if not all) will be using cards all the way up to UD (meaning no access to any sort of LL cards).

Back