About Lost World and Hunter...

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Do you guys think that If both of those cards get printed in our next English set after HS Undaunted that alot of people would quit the Pokemon TCG?

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if the quitters were naive enough to think otherwise. Even a few thousand (lol, not even going to happen) would be insignificant.

I don't think Lost World will have that much effect when it comes out. Well with Lost World you have to get 6 pokes into the lost zone which can be difficult seeing as though that most of the cards in the set put cards from the hand into the Lost zone, like Gengar Prime. From expreience Lost Zone decks are easy to beat (I've had experience with lost zone decks cause a guy at my league tested a Lostgar with proxies getting ready for when it comes out) they take around t3 to setup with mew prime. Also they have to keep their active alive since most of their attacks don't do much damage.

I think that hunter won't be that bad, infact I think that will be quite a usefull card being able to to return cards like uxies, mesprits, weavile UD and other damaged cards and techs. Overall I don't think any one will quit after these cards come out.

Once again:
In Japan, Lost World DOMINATES despite you only having to take FOUR prizes. Ergo, Six pokes in the lost zone is easier then taking Four prizes.
In the USA/Western world, we play with SIX prizes. So how exactly is that in any way favorable to those who try to take prizes over those who play Lost World?
I love Hunter, it's an amazing card.
I like Gengar, on its own its a fun card to tech in something like Cursegar.
I absolutely hate Lost World, it is broken especially in combination with the above card.

I almost think PUSA won't release Lost World to keep the game fair, that would be simpler than banning it anyway...

Meaty said:
I almost think PUSA won't release Lost World to keep the game fair, that would be simpler than banning it anyway...

keep the game fair??, we'll all have access to it and because its a stadium it'll be uncommon no card is unfair if everyone has it

The Pain said:
keep the game fair??, we'll all have access to it and because its a stadium it'll be uncommon no card is unfair if everyone has it

Except I can't see everyone getting playsets of Gengar and Mew.

I know that I am not going to quit, no matter how lame things get with Lost World and Gengar Prime, if it really becomes popular I'll just tech a 1-1 Dialga G line in all my decks, maybe some level maxs too. I don't think that other lost world send decks are going to be that good, because most decks in the format can draw their 6 prizes faster than the decks can get 6 pokemon in the lost zone. Gengar prime is the only really threat with lost world IMO.

Vulpix Yolk said:
I know that I am not going to quit, no matter how lame things get with Lost World and Gengar Prime, if it really becomes popular I'll just tech a 1-1 Dialga G line in all my decks, maybe some level maxs too. I don't think that other lost world send decks are going to be that good, because most decks in the format can draw their 6 prizes faster than the decks can get 6 pokemon in the lost zone. Gengar prime is the only really threat with lost world IMO.

Yeah, and everyone is gonna be using gengar prime, not palkia G or something.

Like Meaty said earlier, I don't think Lost World and all those other "broken" cards are going to be printed in the US. My one and only piece of evidence so far is that in our last set we already got cards from Japan's Clash at the Summit set (KDL and RDL). Even though it is only two cards and they are legends I believe that because we're already getting cards from a set after Lost Link that we will not see the existence of legally printed English Lost Link cards.

Lost World in our metagame...would be interesting. The problem would be that it centralizes the metagame toward those few cards that revolve around putting as many of your opponent's pokemon in the Lost Zone and then declaring victory. I just don't see how it would be balanced in any way shape or form if these cards are printed.

I really don't get why people think Lost Link isn't going to be printed. The only cards we got from CatS were the Legends, and that's because there was a disconnect between our sets vs. the Japanese sets. TPCi didn't want to give us a set (UD) without any Legends, so they were forced to grab 2 of the 3 Legends from CatS. This leaves the Legends for the last set to be DPL and DCL, which makes sense because they're all 4th gen Legendaries. And with DCL most likely making the cut, that opens the way for the rest of Lost Link.

Azelf Master said:
If it does get released, all us smart players will play Dialgachomp and dumb players will stick with gengar. 'nuff said

In this format, DialgaChomp is a bad idea IMO. Gengar is going to have a lot less trouble with Macheap running around.

Also, it's not nice to claim that intelligence has something to do with the decks you prefer over others. That has to do with taste more than anything.

hunter will be good in almost everything. machamp is the other deck that can make a huge profit from it.

i agree lost world should be banned, it's too broken.

Azelf Master said:
If it does get released, all us smart players will play Dialgachomp and dumb players will stick with gengar. 'nuff said

Gengar does have a level X you know.....And that level X has a pokepower called level down....You do know what level down does right?

Back