About Lost World and Hunter...

Azelf Master said:
That would be sort of clunky, and machamp wouldn't be teched into evey gengar deck.

I'm talking about Machamp specifically, not Gengar. Perhaps you should have actually read my posts in the first place.

The Fallen One said:
I'm talking about Machamp specifically, not Gengar. Perhaps you should have actually read my posts in the first place.

Before you get rude, you should realize the entire thread is talking about the synergy of a deck that revolves around Gengar.

ApachePrime said:
Before you get rude, you should realize the entire thread is talking about the synergy of a deck that revolves around Gengar.

Technically speaking the thread is about what Lost World and Hunter and other such cards will do to the metagame. I was merely pointing out that while DialgaChomp might give Gengar some trouble, Machamp gives even more grief to DialgaChomp.

Why was machamp brought up anyway? So it looks like you WANT gengar to rule over the metagame. traitor. We sloud be thinking of counters to gengar not counters to counters of gengar.

The Fallen One said:
Azelf Master said:
If it does get released, all us smart players will play Dialgachomp and dumb players will stick with gengar. 'nuff said

In this format, DialgaChomp is a bad idea IMO. Gengar is going to have a lot less trouble with Macheap running around.

Also, it's not nice to claim that intelligence has something to do with the decks you prefer over others. That has to do with taste more than anything.

This is how it got brought up. And how am I a traitor for saying that your counter didn't work? It's healthy discussion to point out why some counter won't work. Accusations will get you nowhere. And I don't even try and speculate about counters for a deck that doesn't even exist here yet. We do not know what is going to be printed from Lost Link, and when those cards are going to be printed. For all we know GKL is going to dominate with a Drifblim tech.

Azelf Master said:
Do you get a joke? I'm not trying to be harsh, it just seems like you aren't really understanding.

It seems that you aren't understanding what I am saying. I am trying to keep this discussion intelligent. When considering a counter, you have to consider what is going to be around that could counter your counter. You brought up DialgaChomp, and I pointed out that the return of Machamp may prove too much for that deck to do well.

And I don't joke around about strategy and metagame for the TCG.

Lunar Wing: These cards aren't broken. They are hard to set up and if we don't get lost link that means our next set is only 62 cards. They aren't broken and will be hard to get. There are ways to get past Gengar, trust me, I know. I built a Lostgar deck, I haven't tested it yet but, it is a perfect build. It will get 6 lost zone pokes in lost zone very fast, it just will be hard to set up.

dragonpulse20 said:
Lunar Wing: These cards aren't broken. They are hard to set up and if we don't get lost link that means our next set is only 62 cards. They aren't broken and will be hard to get. There are ways to get past Gengar, trust me, I know. I built a Lostgar deck, I haven't tested it yet but, it is a perfect build. It will get 6 lost zone pokes in lost zone very fast, it just will be hard to set up.

So the cards aren't broken and yet the deck is fast (when you haven't even tested it yet)? You, sir, have contradicted yourself to where it doesn't even make sense of what you're saying. I'd much rather not have cards like Gengar (Prime), Lost World, and Hunter making a scene in this season's metagame. Hopefully if they do make the Lost Link cards in America they'll leave out the Gengar and Lost World.

dragonpulse20 said:
I haven't tested it yet but, it is a perfect build.

How does that work??!!

So is it just me or have we had this same discussion in 4 different threads?

Lunar Wing said:
So the cards aren't broken and yet the deck is fast (when you haven't even tested it yet)? You, sir, have contradicted yourself to where it doesn't even make sense of what you're saying. I'd much rather not have cards like Gengar (Prime), Lost World, and Hunter making a scene in this season's metagame. Hopefully if they do make the Lost Link cards in America they'll leave out the Gengar and Lost World.

Nah, leave out lost world or make it 9 prizes (to match with Japan's prize to lost zone ratio) Gengar will still be great for disruption even without lost world.

dragonpulse20 said:

80 - 8 = 62? I think you are missing a few cards in that calculation. Though I can see PUSA releasing parts of the Lost Link set and not the whole thing. Then again, only time can tell.

Lol Machamp. That won't even be in a kind of meta with Gengar Prime.

Anyways, there won't be drastically many quitters of the TCG if Lost World is released. No more than when SP or Luxray GL Lv.X came out at least.

dmaster out.

For people who think Lost Link won't be printed in English, think about the potential of Magnezone Prime. Yes it's a Stage 2 Electric Type, and yes it's weak against Donphan Prime and Machamp but unless they're running Luxray GL Lv. X with Donphan Prime, you should be good to go with Magnezone.

Card Slinger J said:
For people who think Lost Link won't be printed in English, think about the potential of Magnezone Prime. Yes it's a Stage 2 Electric Type, and yes it's weak against Donphan Prime and Machamp but unless they're running Luxray GL Lv. X with Donphan Prime, you should be good to go with Magnezone.

It's either a stage 2 tech which is really meh or a stage 2 with an attack that you need to lost zone for.

Actual yes, Uxie X is more consitent. It is much easy to get out and go back to the deck.

Yes, my deck is a perfect build. The stratedgy is solid and will be easy to pull off. I haven't tested it yet because there is a TON of cards I will have to Proxy so it would take forever.

Card Slinger J said:
So you're saying that Uxie Lv. X is more consistent than Magnezone Prime?

Magnezone Prime you need to get 3 cards to use
Uxie you need to get 1 card to use

Also, I don't think you can equate Magnezone Prime with Uxie Lv. X because with Uxie Lv.X you get to draw a card guaranteed every turn, while with Magnezone you might have more than 5 cards in your hand.

Back