A bloody rock hits Russia!

Ysmir

Retired Mod
So what do you guys think of it? Random event? Beginning of the end? Your thoughts.

Video compilation below:

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/gW6JVG1SP4c[/video]

RE: Asteroid hits Russia!

Reminds me of the one I saw a few years ago pass over Wisconsin. It was so cool. Were supposed to have another one pass by us today. I dont think its going to come into our atmosphere though.

Yes, it's suppose to miss us by 17,000 miles but it's a close call according to many folks. This asteroid I know scared quite a few people around the world.

Asteroid hits Russia!

I was just about to post this, haha. Ninja'd!

But seriously this is so awesome! Not for the people who were injured, but that would be amazing to experience a meteoroid in person. How exciting! ;)

It sure is awesome to actually see. Unfortunately, I was only able to see the bright flash when I saw it in Wisconsin. I was driving home from work and I thought I saw lightning but the skies were clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17BpYluet0k
In case you haven't seen this yet lol

No, in Russia, Meteoroid hits space. Or America. W/e is the opposite of Earth/land/Russia idc.
I haven't heard about the topic extensively (I'm sure SourceFed will make an article about it sometime today), but I heard it was shot down.

Haunted Water said:
No, in Russia, Meteoroid hits space. Or America. W/e is the opposite of Earth/land/Russia idc.
I haven't heard about the topic extensively (I'm sure SourceFed will make an article about it sometime today), but I heard it was shot down.

I sincerely doubt it was shot down since it came in undetected.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY GUIZ

Anyway wasn't there supposed to be an asteroid going really close by the earth this week? I read somewhere that one was supposed to come really close and it was a gamble to see if it would hit or not.
EDIT: Oh wait, wrong one. Haha sorry.

The guy in that office building sounds really calm. Like, when the scary boom noises started coming he was just like "Hey guys there's an asteroid outside. Yup."

That was DA14 and it's passed us already, two separate things from what I've heard....I dunno tbh....

There was another one like 100 years ago or so in Russia. That was the first thing I thought when I heard about it.

Flygon2071 said:
There was another one like 100 years ago or so in Russia. That was the first thing I thought when I heard about it.

My dad told me that while we were discussing it over breakfast (Haha, makes us sound like a perfect family....how about...breakfast at 11 in the middle of day XD)

Pretty interesting stuff, isn't it.
Why do all of the powerful ones go to Russia?!
I'M TELLING YOU IT'S A CONSPIRACY.

And also the largest country....so it makes sense geographically.

That's pretty awesome. Hate that 1,000 people were hurt by it though. Man, how crappy is your day when all of a sudden, an asteroid blows up and blows down your door into your face as you're walking out of it?
Yeesh.

Tsoliades said:
That's pretty awesome. Hate that 1,000 people were hurt by it though. Man, how crappy is your day when all of a sudden, an asteroid blows up and blows down your door into your face as you're walking out of it?
Yeesh.

I'd look on the bright side and say "I cant come into work today, an ASTEROID BLEW UP OVER MY HOUSE."

Tsoliades said:
Yeesh.

I feel sorry too but its something most people won't experience (am not talking about getting injured by a Meteor (I would like that over some other way of getting injured, though) but seeing one up close). I would've like to be there (probably because I appreciate a lot space objects).

Note to self: when see a black rock crash nearby, instantly run to it to be the first to win a million dollars.

Definitely a cool event! I heard somewhere that the explosion was the strength of a nuclear explosion, hence all the videos of peoples doors flying off and such. I don't know if there's any truth to that though.

I find it quite interesting how the majority basically comments; 'awesome!', while more than 1200 people were injured and thousands of buildings and houses were damaged. Whereas if something like this would have happened in their own country the majority would have filled these pages with pity and compassion. 'The human race, thou art difficult to comprehend.'

That's because you don't seem to understand that those of us saying "awesome!" are referring to the meteorite itself. It's pretty hard to not appreciate the sight of such an event as seen in this video.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/gW6JVG1SP4c[/video]

If you can find a post saying that it's awesome that 1200 people were injured, quote it, because that would be interesting to see. Of course it's horrible that it caused so much damage, but we can be pretty thankful that it landed in a lake and that nobody has been reported dead, and the majority of building damage is only broken glass. You don't exactly see things like this everyday, and if this happened near where I live, under the same circumstances, there's no way I wouldn't be saying that it was a pretty awesome thing to see firsthand.

but we can be pretty thankful that it landed in a lake and that nobody has been reported dead,

Actually, I think 6 people were dead. And never knew it hit a lake. Thats luck.[/quote]

Back