BW/BW2 5th Generations Event Pokemon?

Shining Dragon

Aspiring Trainer
It seems like Meloetta, Genesect, and Kerudio are never going to be revealed. Speculate on when you think they will be revealed based on when previous generations of event Pokemon were revealed.

Dude, 5th Gen has only just started. The first Pokemon to be revealed in 4th Gen, Darkrai, was shown several months after the start of 4th Gen.

Give them time. I'm sure they'll show up eventually.

I understand you really want them and all, but technically 5th gen really only just came out. Just be patient dude.

I do find it a little awkward for them to release victini as soon as the game was released and then just cut off all information for events. New events should be released soon, the game isn't new and it's been out for about half a year now so, I have been expecting events and have been impatient. But looking at the release dates -

D/P Release - Sep 28/06 (jp)
Darkrai Release - Jul 14/07 (jp)
- the big time gap seems normal.

However for the more western countries, the time gap is widened. Not entirely sure why.

D/P Release - April 22/07 (na)
Darkrai Release - Dec 01/08 (na)
Europe has a later release date, (Jul 27 07) but the same event releases.

Please excuse any mistakes in the dates.

Black and White Releases for comparison -
EU - Mar 4/11
NA - Mar 6/11
JP - Sep 18/10

The next movie will probably feature Keldeo, just wait for information about it. Keldeo is the next totally new event Pokémon, that is sure because there can't be a gap between numbers of "existing" Pokémon. 646: Kyurem - 648: Meloetta - Nintendo: "Nooo, nothing exists in between!" Yeah no!

If the pattern from the last Generation holds true, the Mythical Pokémon (it's so nice to finally have an official term for hidden legendaries) for this Generation will be revealed (in Japan) on February 14th of the year their movies come out. Keldeo will probably be revealed 2/14/2012, Meloetta on 2/14/2013, and Genesect on 2/14/2014. I've never been able to figure out the significance of revealing the Mythical Pokémon on Valentine's Day, but maybe they just figured that's enough time to reveal it and have products, etc. of the new Pokémon ready to advertise.

Leaks of the Mythical Pokémon in Coro Coro Magazine will most likely occur days before the 14th.

I've never been able to figure out the significance of revealing the Mythical Pokémon on Valentine's Day
because all of them, especially keldeo, are just that lovable

I dunno, maybe they just want to keep it at the same time every year to keep themselves predictable...?

The Pokemon company will be on a Japanese show called Jump Festa soon, and it's been revealed that there will be a major Pokemon announcment. It could be about Keldeo. It's airing on December 17th and 18th, the weekend after Victini and Reshiram airs on CN. Also, Shaymin wasn't revealed until Platinum, and Arceus was revealed not long before Heartgold and Soulsilver, so we have a while.

Back