(4) TCG Learning Simulator, Redshark CoL Release, BW Dub, HGSS Promos [2/15]

RE: (4) News [2/15]

?

the hitmonchan/lee promos are meh.
could have used better cards as promos imo

Some dude on YouTube had the first 2 dub episodes a week beofre they aired, with the CN Watermark and everything 0_0

Ok, watched both episodes of Black and White. They should have gone back to the ENTIRE 4Kids voice cast personally... Aside from Giovanni, who is STILL Ted Lewis (Giovanni is NOT Giovanni in English if he's not voiced by Ted Lewis) all the OG main character's voices SUCK. Jimmy Zoppi, sorry, but you as James AND Professor Oak (OH GOD HE REALLY SUCKS AS OAK THANK GOD OAK'S ONLY IN THE FIRST 2 EPISODES SO FAR) no. Sarah Natochenny has gotten better but I still want Veronica Taylor back.

Aside from the replaced voices of the OG characters, the dub was EXCELLENT! About time they stopped dumbing it down for children. Also, I can't believe they didn't fix Ash's age in the dub. Considering the dub celebrated his birthday AT LEAST TWICE! There is NO ****ING WAY HE IS STILL 10 YEARS OLD! Hell, even the PCs in the Games are AT LEAST 14, maybe 16, somebody correct me on this if I'm wrong.

"Who's that Pokemon?" coming back is a VERY WELCOME addition which the Japanese Version DID NOT DO! On the contrast, the "Best Wishes" TOTALLY kicks the English Intro Theme's ass. It's not as bad as the GOD AWFUL DP intro... But I'll take that god awful Rap over this generic crap ANY DAY! (Put my friend to sleep when he tried to watch the show.) So, in short, we trade off an Awesome Intro for the return of "Who's the Pokemon?" as the eyecatch.

Still, it will be a very fun and interactive way to teach new players the TCG like the original Gameboy Color game!
Then why not get that game? It's a lot cheaper and about a zillion times more awesome.
whoo

Also, I can't believe they didn't fix Ash's age in the dub.
I've actually watched most of the season 1 dub (but no more), and you can actually prove that Ash is 11 by the time he is about to fight the eighth gym leader. (Go watch that episode; the hint is right near the beginning.)

I really liked the dub, and I was surprised too when I saw "Who's that Pokemon?". I don't however prefer the English intro because of the choppiness, if they smooth it out a bit, then I could like it a bit, but I do like Best Wishes's intro better. And I was wondering how Ash is still 10 after a decade, but that's how cartoons and anime go.

If there was one thing 4Kids did right, it was catchy, strong openings. TPCi still hasn't managed that, and once again, it's very evident. I think the opening for Galactic Battles was the closest they've come so far.

The simulator idea is great, but I can't stand those character designs. They had to have hired whoever did the designs for Chaotic, because they're very close, and just as bad.

I am surprised Ash is still acting like a n00b, I mean, he's been to 5 other Regions (If you're counting the Orange Islands as a Region, speaking of which, did anyone else see the trophy from the Orange League in Ash's room?) and he dosent weaken a Pokémon before catching it.

did anyone realize that ever since the battle frontier theme all pokemon themes have words:"destiny" "hard to chose your way" " power inside of you" :DD I like the bw eng opening but it's tooo short

Ash was confirmed to be more than 10 year in many episodes,which most of them were removed in the dub,pulse the 3rd pikachu's movie also confirmed that for the second time after the one in the first season,you can check that.

Ash is going to be 10 forever. Kids aren't going to know or care about minor details from years ago that suggest that Ash should be older.

That said, I'm very glad that the flash game has a wide range of ages represented. This way no particular age group will feel alienated except for the really old people.

I'm not very impressed with their tcg simulator. It doesn't let you play with other players and it doesn't have much cards?? That's a sad excuse of a simulator, but at least you can play against a computer. Anyway though, Redshark FTW!!!! :D

Hey. Pokémon. You know what I really, really want?
I want something like Redshark that works on a Mac that plays like a normal game of Pokémon. Something that has all the cards (or at least the legal ones). Something where I can play against people online. Something that does the cards' actions for me: shuffles the deck, draws cards, places damage counters, etc. I'd pay money for it. It's just something you could make money off of, that everyone wants.

I missed the old TCG tutorial, and this will make up for it greatly. It's nice to see Pokemon take its first steps into simulation, similar to Yu-Gi-Oh!. Let's just hope they don't go down the same exact route and end up charging for any other cards outside of the ones you start with. x.x

anyone else notice the video given has nothing to do with the dub intro, i mean ive seen it already, but the video below the post has nothing to do with the intro as it said it would be.

Back