(4) BW Promos, BW Presales, BW Guide, BW Localizations [2/1]

Nacrene City sounds nice. Love the names once again.
P.S. Not to beat dead horse - HAHAHAHAHA this is soo funny x'D (sorry for spam)

What does Nacrene and Striaton come from, Chili and Cress is good, i can't believe no one thought of cress, as in watercress.

I totally love the idea of a hardcover strategy guide. :) Gonna buy the collector's edition.

Druddigon and Emolga WCS BW Promos look great - especially Druddigon by 5ban Graphics.
024/BW-P and 026/BW-P are the coolest BW-P promo cards so far.
I'm excited to see 008/BW-P - 023/BW-P (except 010/BW-P and 012/BW-P as we/I know it's Gigalith and Professor Juniper ^^)

@ Playerking95

Nacrene City: From nacreous cloud. Also from nacre (mother of pearl) and nacreous (having iridescent luster).
Striaton City: Corruption of striation, a series of parallel grooves in cloud formation that reveals presence of rotation. Also contains "tri" (three).
(credits go to bulbapedia ^.^)

With the BW Pre-sales being the most pre-ordered game in America; are you sure they don't just mean "Out of games currently not released"? Because the way the the post is written, it seems like you're saying "Of All Time"; yet nothing in the source says that; the table of pre-orders is also only for games not out yet.

Glad to have contributed to the pre sales. Thats way more than i ever expected

I got to ask is it worth it get the guide, I've always wondered. They look cool but do you prefer it over sites like Serebii? Also love the new names.

The place names are based on clouds. The name for Raimon city has also been revealed: Nimbassa

Nacrene - Nacreous clouds
Nimbassa - Nimbus clouds

Not sure on Striaton yet

$30 for the full Collector's Edition, and then another $20 for Volume 2 (guide says "volume 1" on it)? Hurray!

Nimbassa, someone said that like months ago on serebii i guess they were right. We need proof for it anyway.

Stritaton, what about stratus clouds?

Pokemon's not dead "yet' it has a pretty good chance of dying after this 5th Gen, considering the atrocious and downright idiotic Pokemon Designs as well as the vomit-inducing english names...

The only reason Pokemon lasted into this year with the mainstream is all because of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, that brought back a lot of the old school gamers who fell in love with G?S but gave up on Pokemon afterwards.

If it wasn't for HGSS, Pokemon would have easily been dead by now....

BTW when i say dead, i mean Dead n the US, cause i know it will never go away in Japan...but Pokemon has been close to going extinct as far as US sales are concerned.

Ekaru said:
$30 for the full Collector's Edition, and then another $20 for Volume 2 (guide says "volume 1" on it)? Hurray!
Good point. Amazon has it for 37% off, I hope Borders will offer a 40% off coupon at that time.

Tobi- With the amount of sales and funding Pokemon has given the USA, they obviously aren't expecting Pokemon to die off anytime soon. Why would they continue to give us funding, new promos and such every few months. From my tourney experiences, there are several new players that are learning to play competitively. My league has several new players and league leaders willing to help. I don't see it going away for a while.

that colorless pokemon looks broken for B/W :p
I Hope we get these promos both look semi-playable for a hgss-on/b-w-on format especially druddrigon

WPM said:
Both guides be released on March 6th,

trolololololo

But in all seriousness- those guides are looking pretty neat. I guess I can live with Cilan, Chilli, and Cress, especially when you think that Dento, Pod, and Corn were equally strange names. Nacrene, Nimbassa, and Striaton are pretty cool city names. Not sure why they went for naming cities after clouds, though :3

i was right about their names being related to the element type of their monkeys since the revealing of Cilan :). there pretty good names too.

Wow that's a lot of pre-ordering. The pre-order "goodies" have not even been given out yet!

The pokedex thing is what I mainly get the guides for so I'm going to go the collectors way. Just not sure which version to choose. Just wish Zekrom was with a black cover. :(

@Tobi you're joking right? Pokemon sales everywhere have only been increasing. Seriously if you believe what you just posted then wait again until the next couple when more new Pokemon are released. Anyways I might get the collector's for the cool extras.

The Nimbassa name is given more proof because of the name being used in the Zoroark movie for Kodai's team. In Japanese its called Raimon Legends, while in the English movie its called Nimbassa Warriors. I got this from PokeJungle and he seems to have watched the movie already together with another person. I bet this is the real name of Raimon City ;D

Back