3DS Discussion Thread

Which color 3DS?

• Aqua Blue

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • Cosmo Black

Votes: 35 52.2%

• Total voters
RE: 3DS Anyone?

I will not be getting one. And it saddens me really. I have university to pay for and all though I have bought every gameboy ever made (generation wise, not every single freaking game boy in the world ha ha!) I feel as if Nintendo havn't done anything amazing for this launch, what some new ports of old games? (Nintendogs, LOZ OOT?) Besides over here it is going to cost £240. Which is a months rent for me. My view may change when I get my work bonus... But at the moment I am unsold.

I've read that you can put them on memory card or keep them somehow with the same account.

The transfer is coming in an update sometime in May. I wouldn't trust any other way.

dmaster out.

@Sots
I traded in my DSi which had busted buttons, and they took it no problem, though they did knock some of the money off for it. I expect that would be the case for yours as well

@Mew the source of all

They will only take off money if there is something wrong with a method of input. If the screens cracked, or buttons jammed they have to take off money, just because they cant sell it like that and need to get it fixes. Scratches and bumps are no big deal. I actually had a tear in the plastic cover thing on top of the actual screen for the touch screen on my DS Lite, i got full value for it, so i was good :p

I apologize if someone already brought the topic up, but did anyone get a chance to see the GDC 2011 Keynote? Satoru Iwata and Reggie Fils talked about the 3DS quite a bit, particularly content features like the Netflix and eShop software, as well as a short-form video service (the latter definitely a step forward for Nintendo in the mainstream multimedia spectrum). Apparently they also suggested the 3DS had the capability of taking 3DS video, I can't remember if this had been a known fact or just a fan rumor before, by nonetheless exciting stuff, especially in game content where its needed most in the form of innovation and artistic motivation. I think its great that while Nintendo's promoting the 3DS as their own "baby," there's people like Iwata that really acknowledge that everyone's doing the same thing, making video games, and regardless of company or affiliation everyone should embrace ideas like innovation and creativity as a collective family to better the industry as a whole (or at least get it out of the stagnant hole that many like Iwata think it's in now). Hopefully the 3DS can follow those ideals in the same way that made the DS so successful.

^I forgot who but someone (who works for nintendo) said there won't be a slimmer one (3DS Lite/3DSi), but a bigger one is actually plausible.

@Emeralds Hold No Hope That's a relief. I think I'll wait for a bit first with buying one, because of the price and the fact that there could be an update in any form just after I buy one.

I would wait too but the problem is that they are launching with that fabulous blue colour. Any newer version from this point on probably won't have that colour and I'll miss my chance of having it then. It's just like the original DS. I loved that blue colour so I had to have it. Didn't buy a Lite or DSi cause that blue never came back. XL finally did have a blue but kind of a little too late if you ask me. Ah evil Nintendo and their colour schemes...

Im gonna have to hurry up and get to a Gamestop and preorder it. Im getting Black, only because i saw the review on Engadget, and the blue is litterally a mix of 3-4 different blue's, completely ugly.

So apparently you can print jumbo sized augmented reality cards and therefore it can look like you have Mario standing in your living room. Are there any videos on youtube of someone showing something like that? I've tried searching with words such as jumbo, giant, and large but havn't had any luck.

If it were something that big, we would have known.

I went to Best Buy and played it yesterday, it was so amazing, I didn't think the 3D would be so real. You have to look in the middle though, if your on the sides, it will be blurry. I'm going to Gamestop tonight to trade in my dsi for it and Pilot Wings Resort.

I just went and preordered mine today. Originally, I wasn't planning on getting any games for it, since to me the lineup sucks, but I decided im gonna get SFIV 3D, just so I have something 3D to play.

Well regarding the jumbo reality cards this is all I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0aoMqXV54o&feature=channel_video_title

Just fast forward to 1:35 of the video. That Samus looks really cool jumbo sized. Wish there were more vids.

I've heard some good things for SSF so far, so I'm most likely going to pick that up in the first month.

dmaster out.

Back