'25th Anniversary Collection' and 'Fusion Arts' Pokemon TCG Sets Announced for Japan!

MtSilverHermit

Aspiring Trainer
I generally have zero interest in collecting Japanese cards but these are cool enough I might try.

I've never looked into it before but is there a way to order directly from Japan or their Pokemon Center to ship to the U.S.?

Like how do scalpers get their hands on them and is there a chance to beat them?

As someone who collects only Japanese cards I rarely seem to have problems with scalpers. They seem way more interested in the English ones. So fingers crossed you won't have too much trouble getting these.

SonKaiser

Enter the Dragonite, Keep Calm and Force Palm
If our set has a subset of 25 remakes and there's 25 japaneses anniversary promos, can we assume all those promos are part of the english subset?

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like they might be doing fairy type after all. Now being em back for real.

Also bbn its be nice to see them in the new old cards

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
If our set has a subset of 25 remakes and there's 25 japaneses anniversary promos, can we assume all those promos are part of the english subset?
Likely but we don't know for sure yet.

For the sake of argument, some of the promos that have been revealed (Mimikyu Delta, Zacian Lv.X, etc.) could have been removed from the subset of 25 to make room for the 'gold metal' Pikachu and Pokéball cards, and possibly others. I doubt this – I imagine they'll instead be included in the main set, but I argue we don't yet know for absolutely sure that the two sets will be identical.

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
Uhhhh.... 6 cards and no falling asleep on the mew, except only items. Yeah that's gonna see a lot of play

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
I wish the English cards had that 25th box stamp as opposed to the 25th Pikachu head.

It looks more streamlined.
I agree that it is more streamlined, but while I do have a slight preference for the Japanese stamp, it just doesn’t scream Pokémon.

The server issues should now be resolved. Feel free to comment!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I fear I have to play the role of resident server Absol and warn you that I appear to be completely unable to go to page 2 of this thread. Every time I press another page icon or the "next" icon on any thread, it just brings me to page 1 again.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Item search is the one thing this game lacks and with the Mew from UNM rotating it won't be competing for space there. Oh and Jirachi will have rotated by the time this thing gets here.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
I like how they included the Fairy type in their retrospective as if to mock us. "Hey, remember these? You want em back? *laughs in Ishihara*"

Item search is the one thing this game lacks and with the Mew from UNM rotating it won't be competing for space there. Oh and Jirachi will have rotated by the time this thing gets here.
Great point about Mew Unbroken Bonds. At first I was going to point out that most decks don't run four copies of Mew Unbroken Bonds, but then again, perhaps some decks WILL run four copies of THIS Mew, since there HAVE been decks to run four copies of Jirachi.
Also, before anyone points out "Special Energy search", Piers allows you to search for "Energy", making it the closest thing to specific Special Energy search in the official format, at least as far as I can remember.

Last edited:

Wait, I need to do some out loud counting.
We had the Classical Era, the Neo Era, the E-Card Era, the EX era (yes, I know the early phase of that era was another variant of the E-card era, but we know from the jumbo starters collection what TPCI does to e-reader EX era cards), the DPPt era, the HGSS era, the BW and XY eras (which are arguably the same aesthetically, but to begin with we will keep them separate), XY Evolutions, and the Sun and Moon era. That makes 10.
In the Base Set era, we had Dark Pokémon and Trainers Pokémon. Twelve.
In Neo we had Light Pokémon and Shining Pokémon. Fourteen.
In E-Card we had Crystal Pokémon. Fifteen.
In EX we had ex Pokémon, Star Pokémon, Team Magma's and Team Aqua's Pokémon, redesigned Dark Pokémon, Rocket's Pokémon (again rebalanced, since Rocket's Pokémon appeared as Trainers Pokémon in the Classical Era), and two different versions of Delta Species Pokémon, monotype and dual type (Metal). That makes twenty three (I'm not even half way through my estimate and I've already eaten through almost all 25 slots! Who knew this era had so many gimmicks?)
In DPPt we had Pokémon Lv. X and Pokémon SP. Twenty five.
In HGSS we had Pokémon Prime and Pokémon LEGEND. Twenty eight, since Pokémon LEGEND come in two halves.
In BW we had Pokémon EX and Team Plasma Pokémon. Thirty.
In XY we had Mega EX Pokémon, Break Pokémon, and Ancient Trait Pokémon. Thirty three.
In Sun and Moon we had GX Pokémon, Prism Star Pokémon, and Tag Team GX Pokémon. Thirty six.
Then we have Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, and Pikachu. We all know these cards will be included in the set. That makes... FOURTY.
What cards do you think we can remove for sure? And do you think we should also consider cards like Team Flare Gear or ACE Specs?

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Wait, I need to do some out loud counting.
We had the Classical Era, the Neo Era, the E-Card Era, the EX era (yes, I know the early phase of that era was another variant of the E-card era, but we know from the jumbo starters collection what TPCI does to e-reader EX era cards), the DPPt era, the HGSS era, the BW and XY eras (which are arguably the same aesthetically, but to begin with we will keep them separate), XY Evolutions, and the Sun and Moon era. That makes 10.
In the Base Set era, we had Dark Pokémon and Trainers Pokémon. Twelve.
In Neo we had Light Pokémon and Shining Pokémon. Fourteen.
In E-Card we had Crystal Pokémon. Fifteen.
In EX we had ex Pokémon, Star Pokémon, Team Magma's and Team Aqua's Pokémon, redesigned Dark Pokémon, Rocket's Pokémon (again rebalanced, since Rocket's Pokémon appeared as Trainers Pokémon in the Classical Era), and two different versions of Delta Species Pokémon, monotype and dual type (Metal). That makes twenty three (I'm not even half way through my estimate and I've already eaten through almost all 25 slots! Who knew this era had so many gimmicks?)
In DPPt we had Pokémon Lv. X and Pokémon SP. Twenty five.
In HGSS we had Pokémon Prime and Pokémon LEGEND. Twenty eight, since Pokémon LEGEND come in two halves.
In BW we had Pokémon EX and Team Plasma Pokémon. Thirty.
In XY we had Mega EX Pokémon, Break Pokémon, and Ancient Trait Pokémon. Thirty three.
In Sun and Moon we had GX Pokémon, Prism Star Pokémon, and Tag Team GX Pokémon. Thirty six.
Then we have Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, and Pikachu. We all know these cards will be included in the set. That makes... FOURTY.
What cards do you think we can remove for sure? And do you think we should also consider cards like Team Flare Gear or ACE Specs?
safe to ignore dark from the classical era, since the ex era effectively replaced these with "Team Rocket's" pokémon. ex era star pokemon are likely to be avoided as well, but delta species has to make it in either form (but not necessarily both). Also, gimmicks? how dare you. :p

I also think that leader pokémon are more likely to be included from the classical era than the GL/E4 stuff from platinum, buuuuut the SP pokémon from that era are going to be included in galactic/frontier brain form.

You do raise an interesting point here though; a lot of what some people feel is "classic" about the tcg is going to be absent from this. I'm still hopeful, but that's a real bummer.