News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

I was actually beginning to like the circle dot patterns on the Japanese holo cards.

Cards with the new fonts seem to look better now but only on cards with little writing. Those like the Arcanine above look so fake with the new font and too much writing.

Atleast it's good that they have reverse holo cards for this set. It will be easier to obtain the regular rare cards atleast in holo or reverse holo form.

Last edited:
Too bad they they didn't honor the first reverse holo foil used in Legendary Collection..

Also I think the French one was using Cosmos holofoil..
edit: I may be wrong; rewatching the video, all the rares was reverse holofoil.

I'm hoping to get reverse holo for Surfing and Flying Pikachu

Is it just me or could this clefairy be really good?? With FFB it gets 80hp and can do some massive damage with lysandre, mega catcher, pokemon catcher and escape rope to hit some crazy numbers, Im hypeeddddd

So wheres that sellers page link? :)

Really liking how these look.

Lots of good memories of times long past.

Seems I was right about them calling Pidgeots attack Mirror Move but I cant tell if the second attack is Feather Dance or Feather Lance. Its a shame the EX Pokemon wouldn't have that holo pattern as well but the feels I have for this set right now.

Can't wait for pre release now. I can see myself trading Shaymin EX's to get my Pidgeots.

I see Ninetales and Ninetales BREAK being a great backup attacker in Volcanion builds. Taking off three energy from Ninetales BREAK's Explosive Fireball attack will hit for 190 before Weakness and Resistance, while regular Ninetales' Fire Blast could be a more steadier attack when you don't want to expend two or more Energies to take something out (usually a non-EX Pokemon, or something frail like Shaymin-EX). Though it doesn't come with the damage boost that baby Volcanion has, or the glorious Abilities that Flareon-EX or Volcanion-EX have. But still a solid option if you're playing on a budget imo ;)

Neat, I thought TPCi was going to cut costs and just use XY's holo effect. Too bad the RHs are Mirror Holos, I expect a lot to come out of the pack damaged.

And I would add something about shadowless cards and a 1st Edition stamp, but that would probably summon a storm of death upon my being.
Seems I was right about them calling Pidgeots attack Mirror Move but I cant tell if the second attack is Feather Dance or Feather Lance. Its a shame the EX Pokemon wouldn't have that holo pattern as well but the feels I have for this set right now.

Can't wait for pre release now. I can see myself trading Shaymin EX's to get my Pidgeots.

It says "Feather Lance" on the card, I can see the pic in full detail when I open it in a new tab/window.

So I bought one booster box of CP6, and I only got one Secret Card (Imakuni's Doduo).

Secret card indeed. They made it Uncommon, so that it would not replace Rares in the booster pack.

My Evaluations!

Does Mr. Jeremy has a YouTube account? If he has, does he had a video about this so it will be first time in history that we'll own English XY-Evolutions. Now, Brock does Grit, hehe, and it is injustice to me because Clefairy is a Holo Rare where most Clefairires as of now are commons.
EDIT: Every booster pack of XY-Evolutions has 5 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 Reverse/BREAK, 1 Any rare. Why I only see 4 commons? Where are the others?

Something tells me those reverse foil classic energy cards will fetch quite a price.

That depends on the pull rate, if it's the same as the RH Basic Energy from Generations then I doubt it. One of the main reasons why CoL Energy goes for so much is that you were only guaranteed two in a booster box.

EDIT: Forgot the set name, whoops.

The japaneses holos look much better tbh. I hate that international holo version. I hope they dont use the old holo patterns.

Love the holo pattern and the reverse holo's!
The only design thing I hate is the Break Card, they weren't downgraded to Base set design. Even the HP is still bold instead of thin.

The japaneses holos look much better tbh. I hate that international holo version. I hope they dont use the old holo patterns.

The only thing I don't like about the international holo version is how blurry it is. If it was sharper it'd be a lot nicer.

Back