News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

With that Spirit Link, I could use the M Charizard X EX I recently pulled from the Victini box.

And that dewgong... looks like they just used the art.

This set disappoints me more and more with every new reveal.

I wonder if the Spirit Link has both Mega Charizard just for practical reasons (like the Mewtwo spirit link has both Mega Mewtwo to avoid making two different Spirit links) or if it also means there might be a secret Mega Charizard X reprint in the set... I admit, this is more wishful thinking cause I'm glad there will be a Full Art Mega Charizard Y but I also wanted a Full Art for X (maybe the full art depicts both, like the Flareon-EX from Radiant Collection 2).

I can't help but wonder why they changed EVERYTHING about the base set Dewgong. They might as well have given it entirely new artwork and made it a brand new card.

Semi-side subject; am I the only one who thinks there should have been a special Dewgong card, be it an EX or BREAK or something. Maybe a mega evolution of some sort.

Wow, a Water-type Dewgong. Did not see that coming.

(And yes, that is genuine surprise. Even SEEL has been depicted as Ice-type in the TCG pretty consistantly for a long time now. Our last Dewgong with a Lightning or Grass weakness was the DELTA SPECIES one.)

Doubling up Colourless with Normal still makes sense.
Doubling up Rock and Ground still makes sense.
Creating Fighting and Poison would make 12 tcg alignments plus colourless, with five alignments representing two types (grass + bug, water + ice, rock + ground, normal + flying, psychic + ghost).

The problem is creating unique gameplay identities for each one. This is already a problem with the TCG (what does a fairy Clefairy do differently than a Normal Clefairy?) But this will continue to be a problem as long as attacks, weaknesses and resistances are based on Pokémon card type rather than attack energy type.

Whatever the change is, it should be final. Introducing types now that have been in the game since day 1 is frustrating to me.

My main point is that three-in-one conversions don't work well... though are you sure about Rock and Ground? When I ran the numbers prior to the Fairy Type, it really did work better to go Rock/Metal as one Type.

Well at least they tried something else with this Dewgong. Sure they could have had it with Ice Beam but Fates Collide has a Dewgong of annoyance:

XY10_EN_16.png

Sure neither are top tier monsters or anything but they both have a different purpose. I'd rather have them use the old art and give us new versions instead of giving us mediocre copycats from the past.

This Charizard could be good with a few combos in expanded, namely Weavile (STS), Protection Cube and incredible energy acceleration with Blacksmith, Clawitzer and Mega Turbo.

good thing they gave us the worse charizard. If it was the dragon one, it would have some sort of chance in the meta game, but this one has no chance. It takes too long to setup, and even with clawitzer youll take till turn 3. While the other charizard could get setup one turn 2 thanks to DDE clawitzer, oh well

The Charizard Spirit Link does look nice though. I would love to get a Charizard EX card but have the artwork be a Charmander wearing a Charizard outfit.

With this spirit link and my small stack of various megazards I can make a fun char-lizard deck! Now just reprint Blacksmith. That's all I want. :)

Hm...Could the Generations M zard be pretty good now? I have two of that one so they look like my first option. Pretty good potential for high damage, though not the most consistent...

Yes Charmander, wear the skin of your mother. Yes Charmander, do it!

...I'm getting flashbacks of Charbone from the comic called Pokemon Awkward.

Last edited:
Back