News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

TcJovHS.jpg

Finally some real pictures of the bread promos

I think that gym badge might be playable as item based draw. Certainly not as good as bicycle but still good.

But about the type change, I never really understood why Poison was moved under Psychic in DP.

I think the logic is that poison is purple and psychic is purple. Thus, poison is psychic.

I don't agree with it, but I see the train of thought.

Well at least this card isn't one they made worse on purpose. It's not an amazing card but that's been my grip so far with the set.

So three things:

First, the Gym Badge cards aren't particularly good for play, but look nice for collectors and prove that TPC can do what I want with some of the actual, competitive Trainer cards. Remember my annoyance at Professor Juniper and Professor Sycamore needed a new rule? If not, I just believe that Professor Sycamore should have been a card named "Professor" (no specific Professor character specified) and Professor Juniper ought to have received an errata changing her name to just "Professor". Then there would be no more need for a special rule about not using the two in the same deck and the other Professor characters could be released as "Professor" as well; different art, same name and effect. In this thread I added onto it by pointing out that we could have used this trick again with a "Professor" card depicting Professor Oak and an errata to change the names of both Professor Sycamore and Professor Juniper to simply "Professor" instead of the waste of space that is Professor Oak's Hint (or whatever it is called).

MY EVALUATIONS:
  • Diglett - For my opinion, it is the worst. Why? look at the HP, it can be OHKO by DT Galvantula. The ability is 50% impressive, 50% not. Easily "Lysandre"d, but it can protect Shaymins, which is its good effect.
If you wonder that where is M- Pidgeot-EX, Pokebeach already revealed it, thanks to TrainerChip of YouTube, plus about what Dugtrio looks like, here's the link to find out.
http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/08/evolutions-spoilers-setlist

Does "DT" stand for Dual Type, meaning Galvantula (STS)? Post errata, its "Double Thread" attack can only hit Benched Pokémon, so your opponent has to use "Electroweb" on an Active Diglett. For a Stage 1 (the Galvantula) that is not impressive. I mean, unless you use Hex Maniac or something to shut down the Ability on Diglett and hit it while it is on the Bench.

@SharKing @Shishigami @fleshrum @postmodern_pinko

I haven't tried reworking it since the Fairy Type was introduced, but a while ago I looked at how TCG Types and their interactions stacked up against video game Types and their interactions. Yes originally it made sense to have Poison as the Grass Type; most Poison Types were part Grass anyway, the color green is also closely associated with Poison, and three-in-one Types were necessary. Colorless (Dragon, Flying, Normal), Fighting (Fighting, Ground, Rock), and Grass (Bug, Grass, Poison) were as packed as they could be, and included stuff that wouldn't have made much sense as part of Fire, Lightning, Psychic or Water. The game originally only had seven Types after all. :) Then again maybe not, I haven't gone through these original groupings particularly carefully. :p

The thing is by now, I think it needs to be reworked; with 18 video game Types and 11 TCG Types, we can avoid three-in-one Types. Why avoid them? Less deviation in terms of Type relationships:fewer effects meant to apply to Type A1 working on Type B1 (because in the TCG, they are both Type A2) and more accurate Weakness/Resistance. So pre-XY when I did that, I could minimize the deviation by shifting Poison to the Darkness Type. I also found out that it would make more sense now to shift the Rock Type to the Metal Type; not like the names for the original combination Types always made sense. Not sure if it still holds up with the Fairy Type now added.

TcJovHS.jpg

Finally some real pictures of the bread promos

For those collecting these. All the Snorlax are coming a bit warped, more than any other card I have seen come out of a pack recently (they are in single card packs). The Pikachu cards are coming with nicks. I am 2/6 for copies without any white on the back. The amount of white is very small but I have had 2 copies with 3 white marks each. Also, Snorlax is way harder to pull than the rest, he is like a SR.

I must say, yay! We get White Kyurem soon. I really wanted that card, at least as far as cardex completion goes.

Pikachu as a base set theme deck...somehow that seems bizarre.

Probably Charizard

Part of me feels that is very unlikely since we're talking a huge damage Pokémon with one of the most versatile abilities, but I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Those are some pretty weird promo choices. I would have thought they would be something from gen 1. I'm not complaining though!

I must say, yay! We get White Kyurem soon. I really wanted that card, at least as far as cardex completion goes.

Pikachu as a base set theme deck...somehow that seems bizarre.

Part of me feels that is very unlikely since we're talking a huge damage Pokémon with one of the most versatile abilities, but I guess we'll find out sooner or later.
They did it with Greninja and Volcanion :/

Not to nitpick but the attack cost has been translated as "[F][C]" and not "[R][C]

I feel like that White Kyurem has potential. Might have to do an LC run with it.

Back