News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Ok I actually like this card. Many Dugtrios/ Fighting Pokemon have Earthquake as an attack that deals damage to their own bench usually for ONE energy. While the attack isn't anything amazing for these decks it's very nice to have a base for the Pokemon that will not take damage from their one attacks. That ability is worth trading an attack and one to it's retreat cost. If there is a Dugtrio that gets popular this will be it's base card guaranteed.

Resistance being dropped is sad though don't see why that got rid of it. Well I guess many Electric Types are weak to Fighting so maybe slight element balance?

Overall I'd rather have cards with older art be revamped into a better card then what they have done with many of this set where the changes make it weaker then the original.

I'm really loving the updated artwork. The colors and fine rendering really make a huge difference... Diglett never looked so good~!

MY EVALUATIONS:
  • Diglett - For my opinion, it is the worst. Why? look at the HP, it can be OHKO by DT Galvantula. The ability is 50% impressive, 50% not. Easily "Lysandre"d, but it can protect Shaymins, which is its good effect.
If you wonder that where is M- Pidgeot-EX, Pokebeach already revealed it, thanks to TrainerChip of YouTube, plus about what Dugtrio looks like, here's the link to find out.
http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/08/evolutions-spoilers-setlist

Well, this is certainly much closer to an actual reprint than that Diglett from earlier. It's basically the exact same card as its older incarnation, just with 30 more HP.

Also, the first attack is still called Bind. Wrap is まきつく in Japanese.

10 more HP and Psychic type (because that's what Poison became in DP). Other than that, it's exactly the same as the old card.

But about the type change, I never really understood why Poison was moved under Psychic in DP. Yes, Grass was weird too, but at least that made a little sense as a sort of reference to all the poisonous plant species out there. It seems like it was moved to Psychic just because, ya know, it's purple, and that kinda bothers me, perhaps more than it should.

That tangent aside, let's move on to the Gym Badge. Effect-wise, it's a way worse version of Roller Skates - you have a 50% chance of getting absolutely nothing, a 25% chance of getting just one card, a 12.5% chance of getting two, a 6.25% chance of getting three, et cetera. That just doesn't seem very good compared to Roller Skates' 50/50 odds of getting you three or nothing. The multiple prints are nice, but I don't see this card getting played; after all, Roller Skates hardly saw play in any but the absolute speediest decks, and it soon found itself outclassed by cards like Shaymin-EX.

But about the type change, I never really understood why Poison was moved under Psychic in DP. Yes, Grass was weird too, but at least that made a little sense as a sort of reference to all the poisonous plant species out there. It seems like it was moved to Psychic just because, ya know, it's purple, and that kinda bothers me, perhaps more than it should.
Poison being lumped with Psychic always equally bothered me too. It never made sense to me for it to be reperesented as the type it is also weak against and not in the same way Dragon is (Hell was, with Colourless) or even how Ghost types and 1st generation Psychics had to forcefully be weak to themselves. Grass also made them look more sensible as to what you had reffered to plant-wise with most of them earlier, but I suppose also looking at TPCi's side of decision they would like to represent the oppertunity for dual type pokemon to have both types. I hope that Poison becomes the next full type to be introduced to the TCG and personally it should have something like turquoise as its representing colour with a skull and crossbones to represent it's symbol.

Would be awesome to have those Gym Badge Promo Cards as 3-pack Pin Blisters with the corresponding badge.

Grass = poison because that was basically true for red, blue and yellow. There is only one mono-grass type from g1 (tangela), the other relevant combinations being exeggcute (who featured psychic energy costs) and paras/ect whose secondary type was incidentally represented by the same tcg energy type. It made sense in 1998 to lump them together. Why they switched it is beyond me, but I also think they should have a distinct type.

Why are they revealing all the 'small pokemon'...Weedle, Diglett, Tangela and now Koffing. Maybe they got all upset over the french card leaks a week or two ago. Reveal more of the heavy hitters or some other tech cards.

I believe they split Poison off because Grass had three types under its umbrella -- Grass, Poison, and Bug. All of these types had quite a few Pokemon, whereas the types for Psychic -- Psychic, Ghost -- had far fewer. As a result there were a lot of Grass cards, especially by comparison to actually existing Grass types.

Back