News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

lol Machop got nerfed. This shows though that they don't actually have a problem in changing energy costs for attacks.

You're joking right? What deck does it help win that would be subpar otherwise?

Well it would help a Standard Maxie or Archie Deck. There are several both player shuffles Supporters right now with N, Judge and even Ace Trainer so I wouldn't rely on it too much. It's not a BAD card by any means I'm just not sure where it would fit right away.

The main thing I can think of is that you have both Max Elixer and Trainer's Mail in hand don't know which one to play first. It might even let you get a Trainer you normally wouldn't with Mail.

Well it would help a Standard Maxie or Archie Deck. There are several both player shuffles Supporters right now with N, Judge and even Ace Trainer so I wouldn't rely on it too much. It's not a BAD card by any means I'm just not sure where it would fit right away.

The main thing I can think of is that you have both Max Elixer and Trainer's Mail in hand don't know which one to play first. It might even let you get a Trainer you normally wouldn't with Mail.

To be honest even then personally I'd just run the extra copy of Trainer's Mail or Max Elixir as those cards give you instant access to something in the deck, and would only consider Pokedex if I already had max counts of both those (even then I'd consider things like Town Map over including Pokedex).

Don't worry about Machop folks, judging by it's HP it's going to evolve into a 150HP Machamp.

Except that hasn't really been working for Machamp or most other Stage 2s for the last... ever. ;)

The problem isn't the final Stage in many (perhaps even most) Evolution lines, it is the journey to get there. The-powers-that-be like to focus on shortcuts, but balancing those is difficult and in the end that just speeds up the pace of the game. While part of the solution would be to stop printing cards that can attack for damage on a player's first, maybe even second turn so that once the current stuff finally rotated we could get first turn attacks back and enjoy using them to help set up... the other big thing we need is for everything that Evolves to carry some of the weight of the entire Evolution line.

Given that Rattata has an Ability its Base Set counterpart completely lacked, giving Machop something so that it could contribute to set up or at least improve its survival would have been most welcome. Even just upping its HP would make sense; in the video games HP scores are low because you choose where you go and thus the approximate level of your opponent's Pokémon. In the TCG you don't so we really need to "front load" the HP for Evolution lines; if Machamp is going to have like 150, then Machop needs more like 100 and Machoke 120 or 130. Given how high damage output is right now, and the fact that the older stuff won't automatically rotate from Standard (and could be in Expanded for several years) HP scores need a massive spike anyway.

M Pidgeot-EX, finally. Crystal Pidgeot will be pleased at that, judging by all their posts asking for it.

Glad to see spirit links for the starters FINALLY! Should have been done in Generations. It's kind of too bad though that apparently the starter EX"s are reprints :(. I guess that the plus is that the XY/Flashfire stuff will soon be legal for standard again.

I know someone who will be glad to see Pidgeot/M. Pidgeot here;)

It'll be nice to see the translations for some of this. Wait, am I seeing this right? No reworked Base Set Blastoise...if that is true then there won't be a resurgence of the rain dance type :(

Pretty disappointing that the starter EXs don't have new art. But at least the cards themselves are in the classic layout, so they aren't just straight reprints.

M-Pidgeot is finally here. :D

Mewtwo EX has 3 attacks

I really hope the starter megas get full arts

Last edited:
I can't see the cards very much.

At least M-Pidgeot's attack reads :

"You can ask your opponent to switch his Active Pokémon with one of his benched Pokémon".

That's pretty a downer if you ask me. I'll wait for a video to translate the others.

Edit : also, Pigeot's second attack reads

"Feather Lance/Feather Throw : This attacks does 30 damage to one of your opponent's benched Pokémon (don't apply etc.)".

Yes. You heard right.
There's a 4th Mewtwo-EX card.
WITH 3 ATTACKS
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ NOW WE RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Like, how are they able to get the cards so early?
Anyways, I'm super happy to finally see Pidgeot and M-Pidgeot, and I know for a fact that someone else is too :p
Not feeling the regular Dragonite, but the other (new) cards all look gorgeous! :D

Glad to see spirit links for the starters FINALLY! Should have been done in Generations. It's kind of too bad though that apparently the starter EX"s are reprints :(. I guess that the plus is that the XY/Flashfire stuff will soon be legal for standard again.

I know someone who will be glad to see Pidgeot/M. Pidgeot here;)

It'll be nice to see the translations for some of this. Wait, am I seeing this right? No reworked Base Set Blastoise...if that is true then there won't be a resurgence of the rain dance type :(

I doubt this would happen, but maybe a Mega Pidgeot figure collection box would be icing on the cake.

I am so very disappointed that they are indeed half assing the card layout for these by just copying the Japanese layout.

Oh well, that's what I get for expecting TPCi to care.

Back