News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

First: Base set EX Blanks look terrible.
Second: Slowbro-EX and M Slowbro-EX are terrible.
Third: We didn't need our 700th Charizard card in 2016.

Those Misty sleeves are amazing. If they don't come to the States (which they probably won't because we're too prude for bikinis) I'll strongly consider importing.

And that Mew coin!!

Oh, the artwork for the Misty sleeves is adorable! And it looks like it's by Naoki Saito!! =D

Also glad to see that lily pad Mew will be in the set. =)

Very interesting to see all of the changes, updates, and additions for these cards.

Last edited:
I love Slowbro-EX and M Slowbro-EX, but those classic blanks for EXs are very ugly, they're like one of those ugly fanmade cards on those art sites... meh :rolleyes:

I must say... That Rattata might just be among the top 1% of all Rattata ever printed! Too bad it can't target benched Pokemon... Although even if it did, Garbodor would just nullify the ability, so it wouldn't really counter it anyways.

As for M Slowbro... I'm thinking it could pair well with Iron Boots, with Weavile to exchange the tools. It might be a complex strategy, but it could be worth testing out.

Starmie I could see pairing incredibly well with Primal Kyogre, as when you get 2 energy out of the discard pile, you could then immediately attach them right away.

I'm not sure what people mean by blanks but I think those EXs look amazing. I hope they keep these templates for a while. I love the old school look too these cards.

That Rattata is so great for removing a tool of Garbodor i think it will be great for any ability reliant decks (Insert Sarcasm when reading)

Who else remembers all the flip for paralysis moves from back in the day huh well I guess the TCG does. So far I don't think these are playable at all D:

Trade Please looks like a repressed Picasso ca. 1937.

M Slowbro + Chaos Tower could be a thing!
Mega Slowbro could definitely be better than people think, especially if we get Rain Dance blastoise reprinted. Being able to hit 200 damage like that is definitely a good thing, and even if we do move to a meta with more megas you can run a few Giovanni's Scheme to ensure you can hit most megas.

MY EVALUATIONS!
  • Mew - It's ability decent against Yanmega, Lu, and some OP evolved Pokemon. I think the atttack is Psy Bolt not Psyshock because Psyshock ignores all effects from your opponent's (see Espeon-EX)
  • Mewtwo - Perfect for defense and a Non-EX attacker.
  • Value Shrimp (Gyarados), Poliwhirl - Looks decent though.
  • Rattata - Perfect LURE for Garbodor
  • Starmie - A mix of Computer Search and Energy Retrival, perfect for cards that requires a heavy discard, and for Volc decks as well.,
  • M- Slowbro -EX - They're good in play. Chaos Tower is good for it.
Don't tell me that we'll get an FA of that Charizard soon.

Mr. Baemin @MarshalBry , Rain Dance = Deluge, so we'll get a reprint of Blastoise from Boundaries Crossed w/ a BS artwork.

Snorlax was from Jungle, not Base Set. (Also, it's hard to believe that this is actually BUFFED from the Jungle one, ignoring the lack of resistance. It used to do a pathetic 30 damage. Kinda hard to imagine a Snorlax Body Slam hurts less than a Wartortle's Bite.)

I like how they handled most of these. Kinda wish they kept Rattata simple and made Raticate more interesting instead, though. They handled Poliwhirl incredibly well, keeping the feel of the original while bringing it in line with modern cards. (Of course, it's Poliwhirl, so it's not going to be relevant, but still.) Poliwrath was always a card I was fond of from Base Set, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it. I also like how they did Starmie, since Recover was pretty useless anyway.

Overall, Mewtwo is the only one I see potentially being relevant. (Solid attackers that use Colorless energy are always going to be things to keep in mind.) But then, I didn't expect a set like this to give us much in the way of playable cards. (Aside from Blastoise, Alakazam and MAYBE one or two Trainers. Maybe they'll buff a few things like Machamp into relevance, who knows.)

Back