News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Asensur

Aspiring Trainer
Wait a second, are they using original art and card design?

No matter how bad these cards are. I will buy a box for sure.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
This is not looking good. Energy requirements will stay the same. That means a handful of pokemon will be playable either by their powers(or ability) or their cheap attacks. I'm guessing if base set Mewtwo is remade it will get a heavy HP boost and Psychic attack will do severe damage with [P][C].

Blastoise and Venusaur will get through because of their ability and probably heavy boosting of their attack.

Purrloin

I actually just recently pulled a Chansey from a Base Set pack. I'm ludicrously eager to put the new one beside the old one in my binder. :3

Orias

Still waiting for a shiny gastly card.
What is that card/photo on second image? Some kind of promo card like imakuni in hole or what? That would be awesome tbh.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Wow I didn't think Base Set Chansey was so good that it needed the nerf bat. The card is actually worse for the most part. Not even a change to the attacks you would think Double Edge would have been an energy cheaper or not entirely deal the amount it does to herself.

I guess it's a Heavy Ball Target now? Woo? Scrunch doesn't even matter too much with Pokemon Rangers around.

Onix and Zapdos have smart redesigns of their attacks and a slight increase to their HP. Most likely HP increase to not be a Level Ball target. Guess the same for Heavy Ball for Zapdos having one less retreat.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Base Set has Pluspower and Defender, but unfortunately these are 1 turn Muscle Band and Hard Charm. I guess they'll returnMuscle Band/ Hard Charm in this set probably.

Evalutions:
  • Onix - Is this my 1st time seeing 40 damage in 2 Energy?
  • Chansey - Looks nice! Is Blissey next? I think not, but we'll hope for the best. I wish the Protection cube is around.
  • Zapdos - Looks destructive. Magnezone-ing it and you'll be fine. I wish it'll be 120 HP

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
I guess only certain cards are getting updates. I love that Zapdos, the added Hp and damage is good. It's just so nice to see these old cards back again!

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
I love being right about things. I knew this would be our final XY set. And OMG, every time a reprint card is revealed...it's such a huge trip back to my childhood. XD Almost better than you know what. ALMOST. But looks like Onix has a new move and such so it's more of a new card thanks to that. But that old art. :3 Just tell me if we're getting Blastoise again. I need another good one that will let me help my water deck return to awesomeness.

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
Btw, where are these commercials at? I want to see too. Post, post!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
My questions are, will any cards be receiving new art for the sets, will any Pokemon from generations 2-6 be in this set? Will all of the cards in this set (except the EXs) be in this format? There's so much I don't know about this set.