2014's Standard Format: Boundaries Crossed-on [7/22]

Well Landorus/Mewtwo/Garbodor/Raichu is BDIF so it's not surprising that Landorus EX would skyrocket in price due to the announcement of the BCR-On Rotation If it wasn't already going up in price from winning Nats this year. Abilities are pretty much dead in this format unless you're running Pyroar or Garbodor while you can still get around the setback with Pokemon Catcher and Lysandre so decks revolving around Abilities might not be at a complete disadvantage.

With Tropical Beach rotated out I feel as though Stage 2's will have an uphill battle in terms of draw consistency but at the same time it puts everyone on a level playing field due to the scarcity of the card itself being a Worlds Invite Promo. Skyla was too important in the format to rotate out so everyone's glad that it stayed in for one more season.

I don't think we'll have to worry about Yveltal anymore now thanks to the loss of Sableye and Dark Patch which means there's no point in running Dedenne over Kangaskhan to get off your "Call for Family" effect for early game bench setup. Great Ball I see being played over Level Ball since that's really all we have in terms of Ball engine search aside from Ultra Ball, Super Rod isn't too terrible of a loss especially since we have Sacred Ash so I guess it will do for now.

I seriously just finished sealing a deal for selling my landorus for cheap then this news comes out >_<

I kinda hope he gets nerfed though. Landorus with a strong energy makes me sick.

Ivysaurman said:
Yay! I got 2 Landorus EX when they were 10$ a piece! >=D

I did too and was actually considering not getting them because I was really anticipating BCR rotating out.

On the other hand I had a FA in my Amazon cart for like 4 days and couldn't justify the $22 for it, now its $40...damnit

I've been playing pretty much all variations of Darkrai since I started playing the TCG, and now it is time to move on... to VCG. As an incredibly Low-Funded player with not many resources to work with I am pretty bummed out.

Wow, I would have guessed PLS on.

The idea of Landorus EX with all that support scares me, but I'm happy to keep Skyla, Computer search, and Celebi EX (some neat combos with some of the megas, particularly Herracross.)

Altaria and Stoutland are also nice to keep.

EDIT: Also, upcoming Politoed with Celebi EX.

I'm also glad that it's BCR-on because:

1. Skyla's still in Format
2. N's still in Format
3. Due to Darkrai-EX being reprinted in LTR, it's still in Format too
4. Sableye, Enhanced Hammer and Dark Patch are gone :)

Bad Part though: I'll miss the Foul Play Zoroark (and no, I'm not even that good to make it to Extended to even play it :p)

My accelgor deck is useless but my Dusknoirs and flygons live, that deck may not have gone all the way yet, but SOON!

ShayminTails said:

2. N's still in Format

Bad Part though: I'll miss the Foul Play Zoroark (and no, I'm not even that good to make it to Extended to even play it :p)

Wait wait.. how is N still in the format? I thought he was part of Dark Explorers and that was that..

daisukereds said:
ShayminTails said:

2. N's still in Format

Wait wait.. how is N still in the format? I thought he was part of Dark Explorers and that was that..

Reprinted as promo BW100.

daisukereds said:
ShayminTails said:

2. N's still in Format

N was reprinted as BW promo number 100.

EDIT: Ninja'd by a Greninja.

skullvarnish said:
EDIT: Ninja'd by a Greninja.

Does that mean we can bring back "Greninja'd"? XD

But on topic, I actually feel very comfortable about this rotation except for Level Ball and Prisms. Besides that, this is going to be a very fun Format... Apart from Fighting.dec, which will surely be a pest... XD

Fighting deck looks like it basically just says, "* you, I've got my own SET!" before pushing people around like a bully.

So is the older Dusknoir still in or not?
Just curious, since I think that's the only card that would be affected in any of my current decks.
Heck most of them are Plasma Storm & up...

EricDent said:
So is the older Dusknoir still in or not?
Just curious, since I think that's the only card that would be affected in any of my current decks.
Heck most of them are Plasma Storm & up...

Yep. It was printed at BCR and PlasmaBlast

Back