2014 New Year's Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistryss Nite

Is back from Beijing, China! ^.^
Happy New Year, everybody! Let us welcome in 2014! Since it is that time of year again, many people make resolutions for the new year. So what are your 2014 New Year's Resolutions? Do you think you will fulfill your resolution? If not, how long do you think you will last?

-----
My resolutions are to lose weight (the typical resolution), find a job, and maintain my good grades/GPA before my graduation from college this May.
I do think that I will be able to fulfill these goals. One concern might be being able to find a good job by the end of the year.

Shining Goodra

HeeHee - Michael Jackson
The-Kaiser said:
Mine is get more Employment and work 35-40+ a week till im 70

Even with college, jobs are hard to come by. All the veterans returning home and half end up homeless. The world we live in is sad..

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
I don't typically make resolutions for the New Year, partially because I'm such a procrastinator that I probably wouldn't get around to it until next November. "Oh, shoot. I better get on that resolution I made 10 months ago."

However, it wouldn't be a bad thing if I worked on a few things, such as curbing my swearing, not making a big deal out of the small things, lose the 10 pounds I gained this fall/winter, organize my basement (it got flooded last spring and I haven't reorganized anything), refloor my basement, do other projects around the house, ride my bicycle more (my mileage for 2013 was pretty abysmal compared to 2012 and 2011), and be more confident.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I already mentioned this in The Writers' Corner, but my resolution this year is to write more. :) I used to do a lot of writing in my teens and early-20s, having a few novels, several short stories, and a good amount of fanfiction under my belt. Getting into the adult world (working full-time, trying to get back into college, making life plans) has pulled me away from that a lot, and it wasn't until last fall when I decided to join the Short Story Contest here that I picked back up my digital pen. I had forgotten how much I truly loved writing, and even though the contest is long gone, I have other story projects that I'm sharing here that I can't wait to work on. In addition to the on-going story (Mysteries) and the on-hold story (Crimson Road), I'm working on plans for my next entry to the SSC, and also some non-fan writing that I hope to work on. Should be a good year!

WanderingWolf

Only *insert number here* days to go!
I've decided to write down on a piece of paper whenever I have a good day. I write down the exact date, and what made the day good and put it in a small jar.

I decided to do this because almost all of last year, I was extremely pessimistic about everything that happened during the day.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I just want to watch what I say or at least think before saying anything because I end up regretting what comes out of my mouth a good chunk of the time. I'm trying to cut down on cursing, too.

I also want to get straight As this semester, and this time I mean it lol.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
My main aim is to get a merit in my art course and then progress onto the graphics course.

Another thing is to get a job but that's second place to completing my course.

Omanyte

Aspiring Trainer
Mistryss Nite said:
My resolutions are to lose weight (the typical resolution), find a job, and maintain my good grades/GPA before my graduation from college this May.
I do think that I will be able to fulfill these goals. One concern might be being able to find a good job by the end of the year.

Good luck finding work! Once I graduated I only got a few interviews, but no real work. Now I'm going back to school full-time to get certified to teach. Its probably just as well, considering it's what I want to do anyway (I've had lots of time to think about it!). Just don't get discouraged if you don't find something right away, just keep trying. :)

I don't usually set resolutions, but I would like to be able to pass my classes and get into the teaching program I applied for. I also started exercising a month or two ago, so keeping that up would be great.

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
Number one on my agenda this year is to land a job!
I hope to be more sociable and spend more time with family.
I also plan on becoming 2014's Pokémon World Champion! I called it first :p

Breakfast Cereal

Aspiring Trainer
-Get a job at Publix
-Work out more often and don't be lazy as usual
-Start a band
-Learn Java and start coding Android apps
-Build gaming computer with job and app money

Quite a load on my plate.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
Learn German completely, and that's it.
I've been telling my friends that I actually have no resolution, and I decided to be an asshole for another year. I'm succeeding in both.

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure
My resolutions include:
- Getting ahold of my schoolwork so that I don't lose out on honors this semester.
- Once this ridiculously cold weather warms up, going out running to get ready for spring track.
- Just organizing my life in general, so that I have more free time to do other things, such as...
- Asking a certain friend of mine out. I've been thinking about it for a while, and we're both interested in each other, so I think that it'll work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.