2012? What do you think? Is it true?

2012 claim?

• True.

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • False.

Votes: 99 90.8%

• Total voters
Pandamore said:
And astrometors supposedly said the sun should be lined up deirectly with the sun on that date, but idk if it's coming from a reliable source.
lol! I am not sure it is possible for the sun to line up with itself. XD

And I can not WAIT until that day comes. Either it's right(0.1% possible), or it's wrong(99.9% possible) and the Mayan dude will have to confess he was lying or he is crazy. :D

I don't believe in it. I believe that the world could just end at any given moment. Even a second after you finish reading this post.

I believe something MIGHT happen, but not because the Mayan calender ended. Why would that mean ANYTHING? Every calender has to end eventually. And they don't predict the end of the world.

It is when the solar system crosses the galactic plain. It is the dawn of the age of Aquarius.

I'm pretty sure the Mayans said the calander would restart without anything bad happening, so I'm not worried.

afstandopleren said:
only idiots (Like some Belgian dude that has a cult like group of people training to survive whatever is being thrown at them in 2012)are going to go to such movies.

well i guess im an idiot then, since im going to watch that movie.

Pandamore said:
I meant earth to line up with the sun >.>''

Line up with the sun from what perspective? It's hard to decide what "line up with" means for two spheres in a astronomically large 3D plane.

Depending on where you're looking from we're lined up with the sun 24/7.

Medaforcer said:
Pandamore said:
I meant earth to line up with the sun >.>''

Line up with the sun from what perspective? It's hard to decide what "line up with" means for two spheres in a astronomically large 3D plane.

Depending on where you're looking from we're lined up with the sun 24/7.
Agree, you can't line up 2 objects in a 3 dimensional world without having another point, like another object or any other point. 3 objects is possible, but two no. Well actually like Pandamore said it is possible, but they're lined up all the time, since you can draw a line from one to another at any time.

What people don't get is that the Mayans DONT think the world will end in 2012. I repeat, the Mayans DONT think the world will end in 2012. 2012 is just the end of the rotation in the Mayan calendar, not the end completely. Conspircists might try to change history, but the original Mayan calendar says the calendar will just go back to 0 after 2012. The world shall survive another eon.

I don't get all the hype. People are so amazingly stupid. All calenders have to end. When the Myans made their calender 2012 probably seemed like a good long ways off, so they decided to end it then.

Guys, the calendar was made because it was the end of the the age due to the cosmic alignment of December 21, 2012 that happens every 26000 years.
This date is backed by many different things. Some of the stuff may not happen, but something is going to happen. It is the beginning of a new age.

Calendars exist for keeping track of the passage of time, not for predicting the future. The Mayan astronomers were clever, and they developed a very complex calendar. Ancient calendars are interesting to historians, but of they cannot match the ability we have today to keep track of time, or the precision of the calendars currently in use. The main point, however, is that calendars, whether contemporary or ancient, cannot predict the future of our planet or warn of things to happen on a specific date such as 2012.

I note that my desk calendar ends much sooner, on December 31 2009, but I do not interpret this as a prediction of Armageddon. It is just the beginning of a new year.

(These are not my words, but it is my view on the subject.)

I just figured the mayans had to stop their calendar somwhere. It's not like they could possible write down an infinite calendar. Eventually someone has to go, "Bill, I think that's good enough for now."

Did anyone ever think that maybe they died then, therefore thay couldn't continue? >.< Also, who cares that all other calendars end there as well? They just copied off of the Mayans who had to quit at some point.

42 chocolate said:
Calendars exist for keeping track of the passage of time, not for predicting the future. The Mayan astronomers were clever, and they developed a very complex calendar. Ancient calendars are interesting to historians, but of they cannot match the ability we have today to keep track of time, or the precision of the calendars currently in use. The main point, however, is that calendars, whether contemporary or ancient, cannot predict the future of our planet or warn of things to happen on a specific date such as 2012.

I note that my desk calendar ends much sooner, on December 31 2009, but I do not interpret this as a prediction of Armageddon. It is just the beginning of a new year.

You might want to delve deeper into the subject that is the Mayan Calendar before saying what you said next time. They predicted with their own calendar the Spanish Invasion and more. Despite them being very violent, there calendar is 1 piece of work 'modern' humans have yet to understand how they made it.

afstandopleren said:
42 chocolate said:

You might want to delve deeper into the subject that is the Mayan Calendar before saying what you said next time. They predicted with their own calendar the Spanish Invasion and more. Despite them being very violent, there calendar is 1 piece of work 'modern' humans have yet to understand how they made it.

The Mayans also predicted that when their calendar ends, it will just reset itself.

Oh, I thought you were saying that they predicted the end of the world. I was just looking at your last post, so I didn't see you saying that it was a cycle.

Back