#2 World Peace: Possible or Just a Dream?

bacon

!!!!!
09/05/2009

This weeks discussion thread shall be based on the following topic...

World Peace: Possible or Just a Dream?

No, it isn't possible. The human nature is violent and power-hungry. As long as humans exist, there can be no world peace. There never was, and there never will be.

As long as PokeChamp is alive, we are dead

I think it is not possible right now.

It will take a very long time to have world peace xD

I think to have world peace everyone woulod have to live on a different planet, because everyone probobly has at least one thing they dont like about another person.

It is very possible. If we could get rid of this stupid idea of nations and just unite under one big... thing, then world peace could be a reality.

I really would like to hope that World Peace is a possible and realizable goal. I know that everybody cant be good, but if the majority can be we can get rid of those who are evil. I hope that we take at least steps toward this in the future.

-Black Rayquaza

Yeah, dang near impossible. For sure not in my lifetime.

dmaster out.

There will always be personality clashes, idea clashes and intrest clashes. World peace can happen though. Just when the humans get bested and a new race comes to live. Maybe then world peace can be solved. Or when the sun goes Super-Nova.

Shade Daroach said:
There will always be personality clashes, idea clashes and intrest clashes. World peace can happen though. Just when the humans get bested and a new race comes to live. Maybe then world peace can be solved. Or when the sun goes Super-Nova.

The Sun is not a large enough star to go Super-Nova. It'll expand to become a Red Giant, engulfing Mercury, Venus, and possibly Earth. Then it'll cast off its outer layers when it dies, leaving the core behind. Sorry. No boom.

As long as people believe that we can't get rid of our violent side, there is no hope for peace. [hiddenrant]GROW UP PEOPLE AND DECIDE TO CHANGE THE WORLD STARTING WITH YOU[/hiddenrant]

Lickilicky_Guy said:
I think one of the biggest border's to cross is language. If the whole world spoke one language it might be easier.

I dont see that as a big barrier as far as World Peace. All of the countries of the world have been communicating just fine throughout the past 60 years (since WWII) via translators and whatnot. Just think about the last 20 years, the computer age. Communication is more efficient than ever.....heres something to think about

Twenty Years Ago.
-There was no internet. No chat rooms. No forums. All of these areas of communication are opening and growing and what a wonderful thing that is.

-People were not talking with people of other nations. Sad, but true. There was no means of communication besides writing letters (wow, lame) and long distance phone (OW my pockets...my money....its all gone). We now have the most efficient means of communication that the world has ever seen. Look at this post. This proves my point entirely.....not only will people in Australia see this post, but perhaps people in the UK, or people in China. Who Knows? We have opened up such an amazing channel of communication that the world can talk to each other with the click of a button.

The world is shrinking due to this.....I would likely guess that my kids will likely be doing something like this as far as interacting with people their age in a very early age. The world is changing, and I think with that, languages will too. There will become a World Language....one is necessary for global communication. The world is changing, and I'm definitely excited to see what it has in store for us =]

-Black Rayquaza

We don't neccesarily have to have everybody liking each other... then we'd have to know everybody on Earth. We just need to stop having wars. But that won't happen, so, BAAAHH!

Not going to happen. -_-

Back