(2) 'Victini and Zekrom' To Play on Cartoon Network in February, New Forme for Kyurem Officially Hin

zoradude

Go around... Go around...
Hmmm... gonna have to disagree with Mitja. Lots of people would buy it if it was on the 3ds, with full 3d models, an even slightly spruced up story, way better connectivity features (spotpass/streetpass battling & trading?), obviously more pokemon, etc. I sure would, and Hoenn was my least favorite. And I doubt Gamefreak would make a game like that. Unfortunately, Gamefreak can be really uncreative in game design.

People would buy it mostly because it's a 3ds main series game. Besides, this could be mostly experimental, and they polish everything up later to make a better gen 6. It seems like it would actually be pretty smart.

As for Kyurem, I don't see any proof that he's getting a new form. Believe me, I would like it. He's not exactly a great battler, and he looks... less than cool. He's COLD! Gettit?

...Ahem.

There is lots of speculation and a couple little hints, but as for this Corocoro, It doesn't really tell me "new form". And just because they did it for Giratina doesn't mean they'll do it for Kyurem. Of course, Gamefreak loves tradition, and Kyurem is suited for it. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance. It could go either way, imo.

Akamu54

Bagon Farmer
When they remade G/S into HG/SS they included a lot of storyline from Crystal. So who's to say that they wouldn't do that with a R/S remake?

Mitja

veteran smartass
Pokemon won't turn from sprites into 3d polygon models on the main games anytime soon. Not because it wasn't possible, at all, but because 3d doesn't equal better. I remember an interview from when Pt was released I think, and there, someone from gamefreak put into words what I didn't think was possible to pin down so well. I'll try to find it.

How could they spruce up the story? And as I said earlier, the story was made incomplete in RS so emerald could finish it. The characters and legendary pokemon were created with this in mind all the time.
In GS the main villains characters were plain (it was just like normal rockets and executives?), so they could flesh them out. Magma and Aqua kind of introduced more variety within villainous teams. Lugia and Ho-oh were basically just sitting at the end of their dungeon, so there was room for some cutscenes, additional characters and bits (kimono girls, bells). Again that standard was really set up with RSE.
More pokemon? Unless you mean adding non-Hoenn pokemon into Hoenn, new pokemon in a remake sound more farfetch'd than anything I suggested.

Using a non-new generation game to change over to 3ds would be very smart, and would make them focus on gen VI without having to familiarise with the new system at the same time. But I still don't see why they would refuse to do anything more creative than plain remakes. Its not like they have to resist easy to come up alternatives that would be more fun without much more effort and likely even sell well. I mean just imagine a promotion of the new games as "a return to Hoenn, with new heroes".

Kyurem has worse stats than Reshiram and Zekrom even though its obviously related. Do you seriously think they would put it as it is onto the cover of the third game? If anything there will be some even bigger twist than what happened to Giratina for Platinum.

There is 2 unused powerful Ice moves, one of them special and causing Burn (Reshiram) the other being physical and causing Paralysis (Zekrom).

EDIT:
here about 2d sprites vs 3d polygons
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3979/the_art_of_balance_pok%C3%A9mons_.php?page=2

@Akamu:
Think again.
There was no story in GS. Crystal just added 3 Suicune encounters at random places and made the fight against it push the Ho-oh battle to later.
So they added that bit to the remakes. No problem.

You're saying they can just as easily put the epic fight with Rayquaza interrupting into RS remakes, which also requires both villainous teams waking the legends. If they do that, then the complete point of differences between the Versions that was the first good excuse for having 2 identical games in pokemon history is thrown out for the sake of sticking to what the fans expect. Whats the point of forcing R/S to be E/E and calling them remakes of R/S? That's what Im trying to say.

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
The thing is, if they make a remake of R/S/E they will save lots of work with the story, character design and stuff like that. And if it was the first main series in the 3ds it would probably sell a lot.

I love your idea Mitja, but I think they will choose the easy and cheap way :/ And I will be happy with a R/S/E remake as well... Well, I will hate them a LOT if they don't make it for 3ds but the sad thing is I'd still buy it ;___;

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
RE: (1) New Forme for Kyurem Officially Hinted At? [12/30]

Mitja said:
The thing is,
RSE were more complete (story wise), and surely you noticed how RS only told the story partially, with Emerald being the one actually telling the full story.
So, already there, remaking RS without E would feel half assed.

There would be even less difference to the originals than there was in previous remakes, as beside the obvious updated graphics, most of the game mechanics remained the same (theres the physical/special split but thats about all), adding that Hoenn is not 2 regions huge so putting some new fancy locations in a few corners won't do it this time...

That said, RS remakes would be "the lame move", but I don't believe gamefreak are THAT desperate and uncreative. They can come up with better solutions that this.

Not saying I don't want to see the region and the pokes of RSE in a new game (I enjoyed the games more than GSC or DPPt),
Not saying they wont make one,

just I feel like its not a huge thinking step to come up with the following solution:
Imagine
a NEW game based in Hoenn.
Not 100% remakes.
Timeline same as BW (13 years after RSE/RBY 10 years after HGSS/DPPt), add tons of changes to the region caused by events of the past decade, change around gym leaders (replace a few by their kids etc you get the idea), a new generation stepping up as a reborn Team Magma/Aqua or a completely new green color themed instead with leaders being related to the old ones or whatever awesome they come up with, put the protagonists of RSE as master trainers you get to battle ala Red in GS, put more focus on the remaining legendaries, for example explore the mystery about the legendary golems a bit further (explain how they tie to Regigigas), get Jirachi an ingame event place for once (only event legend never to have one), add a subregion, make the frontier larger.

Tell me, wouldnt that have way more potential than plain remakes?
If you ask me, GF might have something even better to surprise us with than this.

That's actually a good ideia. I would prefer to have that than just a plain remake like you said. Or maybe, an Emerald remake rather than RS. 3rd Versions are always better than the pair, especially from 3rd gen onwards. But that's unlikely though...

Also, for people saying this doesn't indicate that Kyurem will have a new forme: I hate when people doubt about obvious things...

zoradude

As for the 3d models, it, to me, only makes sense that they would. The 3ds has graphics nearly equal to the Cube, and the stereoscopic 3d and everything... I mean, who wants pokemon to stick with sprites when could've done models a while ago? The overworld doesn't even have to be 3d, just the battles at least.

As Akamu54 said, look what they did with HGSS. Or even kinda like what you said, they could talk more about the golems. They'll find a way.

As for new pokemon, I just meant gen 4 and 5 pokemon, sorry.

But I just find it exrtremely unlikely that GF would do that. I mean, why would they waste their time and money on that when they could just keep doing what they've done before? Again, it would sell, not because of Hoenn, but the 3ds. I would love GF to shake things up, but that's not how they roll, unfortunately.

For Kyurem, I'm just saying that "Kyurem's unseen power to be revealed" doesn't necessarily mean a new form. It very well could be, but it could be an item, attack, or just some sort of gimmick. I dunno, but obviously they're gonna find some way to power him up.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
@Metalizard It could be the revealing of Freeze Shock and Ice Burn. However, going by the fact that Gray could be revealed next month and M15 is in July, it very well could be it. However, if they do what they did with Platinum, it could be revealed in February.

On the R/S remake, I think that 3rd Gen was one of the best, and I think some other people may agree with me on this. A remake would be a great way to bring back R/S/E memories and I think it may have more of an impact than HG/SS if done properly, and it would be a great way for Game Freak and Nintendo to make money. It could also involve N & Reshi/Zeki if you trade a Genesect over and go to a certain area.

zoradude

Metalizard said:
That's actually a good ideia. I would prefer to have that than just a plain remake like you said. Or maybe, an Emerald remake rather than RS. 3rd Versions are always better than the pair, especially from 3rd gen onwards. But that's unlikely though...

Also, for people saying this doesn't indicate that Kyurem will have a new forme: I hate when people doubt about obvious things...

I like the idea too, and it would be cool, but like others pointed out, GF would probably choose the cheap way.

And yes, I know I know I know, lots of hints and stuff pointing to a new Kyurem form. I'm just saying that even if there will be a new form, what if this specific Corocoro isn't talking about a form, but maybe the attacks or some gimmick for the movie?

Mudkip4321

Happiness Is A Free Bucket Of PB Cookies~
I'm excited to see Victini And Zekrom again! I think that it's a hint for the Reshiram and Zekrom distribution at ToysRUs! I very excited for Kyurem's new form too! I thought that when I encountered Kyurem in Black Version that it looked like a chicken.:p Then when I was thinking about it's alternate form, I thought that the one we have now would be called "Courupted Form". I also hope that Jirachi has an "in game" thing for our Ruby and Sapphire remakes! (I still play Sapphire!!!) I love Jirachi sooooooooooooooooooooo much! Come on GameFreak! Me and the other Pokemon Trainers are ready to return to Hoenn!!!

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Kyurem getting a new form. I wonder what they'll do its head, simply because it only seems like it would fit on a dragon-shaped body. I hope they get rid of the t-rex arms though.

I would not mind R/S remakes. These were fantastic. I hope they give it some more post-E4 stuff to do. Black and White did not at all. I want something big next year from Nintendo, and I guess we should be expecting it due to the failure of B/W.

zoradude

Another thing: correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Kyurem was ever confirmed to be the zombie or corpse of the Resh/Zek split. If I remember correctly, that was speculation from the beginning. I'm not saying he's not related, cause there is a %99.9999999 chance that he is. (just sayin' that cause it's not "confirmed") I could be wrong. Could some one point out where that might be?

Archeops

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! This is my first post so correct me if I do anything wrong.

Regarding kyurem, I think it will obviously get a new form. I mean, with it having 2 secret moves hinting to reshiram and zekrom, and the legend, it's pretty obvious.
What i'm thinking is the ice will melt off kyurem showing his real form. And you see the lines through his body at gonna be where electrical currents travel.

In simpler words: kyurem is the plug. Zekrom is the generator. Reshiram is the turbo engine.

I think it's face will look like it does now, with zekroms spike type thing, and the reshirams flare type looking things going off to the side.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
@zoradude: If I'm not wrong, the japanese versions mentioned that, but I'm not totally sure...
But I get what you said about the new forme not being confirmed, it's true, they're not confirming anything, it could be just the attacks. Still, I think that even if it's not now, Kyurem will certainly have a new forme in the future. That's why I said it's an obvious thing cause, just by looking at him, we can see that it was created with an alternate forme already in mind...

Mitja

veteran smartass

zoradude said:
I like the idea too, and it would be cool, but like others pointed out, GF would probably choose the cheap way.

And yes, I know I know I know, lots of hints and stuff pointing to a new Kyurem form. I'm just saying that even if there will be a new form, what if this specific Corocoro isn't talking about a form, but maybe the attacks or some gimmick for the movie?

How is it notably cheaper to remake the whole thing, somehow fix the issue that RS are incomplete without emerald, and come up with a proper amount of completely new stuff anyway,
than to make a new hoenn game?

I mean they gotta redo the whole region in new graphics anyway, the only thing thats simpler about the first option is to copy paste all the text and data.

Xous

Disappear to a place beyond seeing...

Mitja said:
Hoenn is not 2 regions huge so putting some new fancy locations in a few corners won't do it this time...

Maybe it's just me (and the other people I've noticed who shared the same opinion) but Generation 2's approach at putting two Regions together still felt incredibly tiny. So with that in mind I don't think the size of the Region is important when it comes to remakes. (And on a side note, in my opinion, Hoenn felt pretty darn big to me. But that's just me.) Of course, adding new areas seems to be a must with any remake, so there would inevitably be new areas added to Hoenn.

As far as the whole "Ruby and Sapphire's stories were completed by Emerald" thing, I do agree, but that doesn't mean the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire couldn't make changes that would incorporate elements from Emerald to complete the story. It probably seems extremely unlikely or difficult given the storyline of Emerald but I'm certain they could get it done with little effort.

HeartGold and SoulSilver weren't direct remakes, after all - they incorporated aspects of Crystal and even added new tidbits to make themselves self-sufficient. Of course like you said Crystal didn't add much to the Generation 2 storyline but the inclusion of parts of that game's story in the remakes was an important part of HGSS - they weren't just Gold and Silver remakes anymore, they were basically Crystal remakes with parts of the story changed somewhat to make version differences. This is a very possible path Ruby and Sapphire remakes could take.

Whats the point of forcing R/S to be E/E and calling them remakes of R/S? That's what Im trying to say.

If Game Freak wanted to turn the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire into remakes of Emerald (probably with added version differences to make each game unique) then that's the point - there's no other explanation they'd need to give. They'd start unveiling the details of the game as usual and every once in a while say "If you get NewRuby, this happens! But if you get NewSapphire, this happens!" They wouldn't have to justify it, it would just be the choice they wanted to make.

The notion of it being an all-new storyline sounds appealing as well and it's not an unlikely possibility. Should these remakes ever come about, almost anything is possible so it's hard to really rule anything out, I guess.

Ryu Shoji

Aspiring Trainer
Ruby/Sapphire remakes in 2013? Yeah right. By my estimate, that's when we'll get Generation VI. HGSS being released on the 10th anniversary of GS was just coincidence - after all, FRLG weren't released on RG's 10th anniversary. Here's a long blog post of mine summing up my thoughts on it.

Also, that statement is way too cryptic to know if it's about an alternate form for sure - it could mean anything at this stage. The "unseen power" could be something entirely related to the film's story; or hell, "the neutralness means it can understand everyone's feelings - Kyurem's true power!" or some lame poop like that. While it's still possible Kyurem will receive a new forme, it seems odd that Game Freak would program Meloetta's alternate form into Black/White before we even had a chance to see its first form, yet they didn't add in Kyurem's forme?

Mitja

veteran smartass
Ryu Shoji said:
Ruby/Sapphire remakes in 2013? Yeah right. By my estimate, that's when we'll get Generation VI. HGSS being released on the 10th anniversary of GS was just coincidence - after all, FRLG weren't released on RG's 10th anniversary. Here's a long blog post of mine summing up my thoughts on it.

Also, that statement is way too cryptic to know if it's about an alternate form for sure - it could mean anything at this stage. The "unseen power" could be something entirely related to the film's story; or hell, "the neutralness means it can understand everyone's feelings - Kyurem's true power!" or some lame poop like that. While it's still possible Kyurem will receive a new forme, it seems odd that Game Freak would program Meloetta's alternate form into Black/White before we even had a chance to see its first form, yet they didn't add in Kyurem's forme?

Great blog post!
And yeah, it may not be hinting at a forme.. yet.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Ryu Shoji said:
While it's still possible Kyurem will receive a new forme, it seems odd that Game Freak would program Meloetta's alternate form into Black/White before we even had a chance to see its first form, yet they didn't add in Kyurem's forme?

Because if that happened, it would be in BW game data and people would see it. Giratina's Origin Forme wasn't in DP's game data either. Also, this movie won't have Meloetta, so that's another case...

EDIT: I also read you blog post and it definetely makes sense...

Xous

Disappear to a place beyond seeing...
Metalizard said:
Because if that happened, it would be in BW game data and people would see it. Giratina's Origin Forme wasn't in DP's game data either. Also, this movie won't have Meloetta, so that's another case...

But if they simply didn't include data for a new forme of Kyurem because they didn't want people to see it, then why include Meloetta's other forme? Is it less secret, or something? It's a really strange choice for them to make if they had already planned to give Kyurem a new forme down the line.

If Kyurem does end up getting a new forme, perhaps the choice to exclude it was to make the forme exclusive to the new game (and any game after, like Origin Forme)? I wouldn't think they had Meloetta's formes all planned out and then they suddenly came up with a forme for Kyurem post-release, either. So really, unless Kyurem doesn't have a new forme or they're saving it for the next version (which in my opinion wouldn't really feel fair competitively, though perhaps it would just be a way to urge some people buy the game), having both Meloetta formes in the game and no Kyurem forme doesn't make sense. In the case of Giratina, Shaymin (who is kind of the Meloetta of Generation 4 in a way) also didn't get a new forme until Platinum came out - but was this something they intended, or was it a cool new idea they wanted to include in Platinum? I'd like to think they have formes all thought out by the time they're putting the Pokémon into the first set of games, but then that would mean they intentionally held back on releasing Sky Forme and Origin Forme until a later game... Which just seems odd.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Xous said:
But if they simply didn't include data for a new forme of Kyurem because they didn't want people to see it, then why include Meloetta's other forme? Is it less secret, or something? It's a really strange choice for them to make if they had already planned to give Kyurem a new forme down the line.

You have a point there. But I think you answered it yourself:

Xous said:
If Kyurem does end up getting a new forme, perhaps the choice to exclude it was to make the forme exclusive to the new game (and any game after, like Origin Forme)?