(2) 'Victini and Zekrom' To Play on Cartoon Network in February, New Forme for Kyurem Officially Hin

The Yoshi

Wumbo
RE: (1) New Forme for Kyurem Officially Hinted At? [12/30]

Interesting. A new form for Kyurem would be quite the treat, but I won't be happy until I see Keldeo. Also excited for the possible remakes of R/S. Do I think a new form for Kyurem is coming? Yes. They did the same thing with Giratina, and they'll most likely do it again.

Akamu54

Bagon Farmer

Isn't Corocoro unveiling a new game soon? Like, in January? I just hope it isn't a repeat announcement of Nobunaga's Ambition X Pokemon.

Xous

Disappear to a place beyond seeing...

It's nice to have some (possible) official hinting at a new forme for Kyurem. Though it'd be totally lame if those phrases are just things about the film and not a new forme. :/

... My fingers are crossed that it really is hinting at a new forme.

EeveeLv99

YouTube, Twitter, Xbox live: HangmanSwingset

If I'm not mistaken, Black and White are somewhat patchable games, so maybe Kyurem's new forme could be a sort of DLC, like C-Gear skin. I could be mistaken, but it doesn't seem that a lot of those skins are in the game data itself...

Ophie

Aspiring Trainer

As in visually unbalanced or competitively unbalanced? (Or some other form of unbalanced?) Kyurem doesn't look too comfortable standing like that, but it doesn't seem to mind.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

I think you're all jumping to conclusions. Currently, Kyurem lacks a powerful STAB move other than Draco Meteor, but we've discovered two hidden moves for it, There's a good chance that his hidden power in mention is just Kyurem's new moves.

^^ Competitively, it has very little use outside of Hail teams, so I'm guessing visually unbalanced. Which, you know, it is :\

Corocoro hypes stuff up a lot, so I wouldn't set my expectations too high (those two moves are it, most likely). But an alternate forme is something I would seriously love :D

( I want another water Dragon besides Palkia, so this is the closest I'll get >:[ )

JPN Gallade

That dream... make it come true!

Akamu54 said:
Isn't Corocoro unveiling a new game soon? Like, in January? I just hope it isn't a repeat announcement of Nobunaga's Ambition X Pokemon.

Knowing Corocoro, they will usually reveal a game that has just been revealed, so it really looks like they are going to talk about Nobunaga's Ambition X Pokemon in next month's issue.

As for the news, this sounds very interesting and suspenseful. Whatever it is, I'm really hoping that they will reveal Kyurem's new form. Yet, they might just reveal his two secret moves, but I highly doubt that. Two special moves aren't really that noteworthy to make big news. A new form would definitely be big news, especially since it looks like they are really hyping it.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

damn, when I read "Kyurem's new forme", I thought it was already being revealed... Then I read "hint"... Still, I'm really anxious for this... It's obviously a new forme... Kyurem is meant to be incomplete in its current design, they definetely made it already planning to have 2 formes...

Gr8Ampharos

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.

Kyurem having a new form, is the first thing I thought when I saw its sprite back in November of 2010

I just hope the same happens with Keldeo, Can we get a Pegasus form? :)

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Is the new movie going to be in 3-D and is this movie going to tie in with the new one that is already out in Japan and is just now coming out here? If so sounds like the movie will be good XD and could help launch the 3rd game of B/W too XD.:)

E

Ericss

*facepalm* Not this shit again.
We aren't getting R/S remakes. Get over it. FR/LG and HG/SS happened to bring the original games back into compatibility. R/S are still backwards compatible with the newest games through D/P, therefore their remakes would be redundant.
Besides, remaking them would be moronic. Don't you know that you can't polish a turd?

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Ericss said:
*facepalm* Not this crud again.
We aren't getting R/S remakes. Get over it. FR/LG and HG/SS happened to bring the original games back into compatibility. R/S are still backwards compatible with the newest games through D/P, therefore their remakes would be redundant.
Besides, remaking them would be moronic. Don't you know that you can't polish a turd?
XDXDXD

Is that logic going to stop people from buying them? No. Is that logic going to stop Gamefreak from making them to cash-in on them? No. We didn't need HGSS either - every Pokemon could be caught. Your logic is absolutely flawed.

Ericss said:

I mean, what? This is like, the strangest post ever.

Just because it isn't needed doesn't mean it won't happen, and guess what? The purpose of remakes is not to make games compatible. It's to make money and keep us happy. Also, Ruby and Sapphire are the cleanest turds ever made.

Although if there were R/S remakes, they better change them mechanics >:[

edit: wow grammar error xtreem

scuba steveE

Absolute

Ericss said:
I don't know if anyone remembers, but back when D/P came out, talks of a Gold and Silver remakes started, though a lot of people didn't think they would makes them. The reason they came up with was because there was no need for them. But guess what, we got them anyway. Just because we "don't need it" or "it's redundant"(even though I don't get how it is, it's not like they're remaking a that came out on the DS. The GBA is old technology now, people need to start learning that) doesn't mean we won't get it.
Well you can hat on the 3rd Generation all you want, but I personally think it's the most amazing turd I've ever seen. :)

Anyway I'm really hoping for Kyurem to get at least 1 new form, it deserves better than looking like a naked chicken. >_> Lol I still love you Kyurem. <3

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
If they make a R/S/E remake I really hope they make it for the 3ds. I want Gray to be on 3ds too, but I have a feeling it will be for the ds :/

As for Kyurem, he look very unsymmetrical and old, like he was broken or something. Way to awkward to be on the cover for the new game :p He's even weaker than reshiram and zekrom. So I definetely think he will get a new forme, that show how he originally look. I think that forme will have the same base stats as reshiram and zekrom, or even 20 more if he was indeed the "origial" dragon that split into reshiram and zekrom. Hopefully will get another ability as well, pressure is lame and learn those two ice moves that kinda sucks.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod

Starboard Driger said:
I mean, what? This is like, the strangest post ever.

I would show you the strangest post ever, but it was deleted because it had certain "things" in it. :p

I really hope that the new form is what Kyurem looked like before it split into Reshiram and Zekrom, the way I think about it, the Kyurem we know now is pretty much a corpse or a zombie, so the new form should be Kyurems original body. Also by "Kyurem's unseen power will be revealed!" I think it means that the new form will have all the ice melted off it's body and it will actually look more like a dragon, either that or they're talking about the yellow crest on it's head, which to me, looks like it's glowing in that picture.

Mitja

veteran smartass

Assuming they stick to the pattern... is 1 or 2 cases a pattern?

Agree with ericss here.
RS remakes (the same process that gave us FRLG and HGSS) would be the worst move possible. Literally any other main game idea would be better. Not to mention it wouldn't get remotely close to previous remake sales.

scuba steveE said:
I don't know if anyone remembers, but back when D/P came out, talks of a Gold and Silver remakes started, though a lot of people didn't think they would makes them. The reason they came up with was because there was no need for them. But guess what, we got them anyway. Just because we "don't need it" or "it's redundant"(even though I don't get how it is, it's not like they're remaking a that came out on the DS. The GBA is old technology now, people need to start learning that) doesn't mean we won't get it.
Well you can hat on the 3rd Generation all you want, but I personally think it's the most amazing turd I've ever seen. :)

Ive been saying that there would be GS remakes through the whole gen IV until they were announced (there werent any proper game mechanic reasons for them, but especially towards the time they finally got announced, you could almost feel the hype on the internet with people wanting them. It was obvious they would sell as good if not better than any previous pokemon games even if there wasnt much new stuff put in.), yet I disagree that RS remakes are reasonable.

Some people have been tossing around "RSE remake" like it was GIVEN the second HGSS were announced.

The thing is,
RSE were more complete (story wise), and surely you noticed how RS only told the story partially, with Emerald being the one actually telling the full story.
So, already there, remaking RS without E would feel half assed.

There would be even less difference to the originals than there was in previous remakes, as beside the obvious updated graphics, most of the game mechanics remained the same (theres the physical/special split but thats about all), adding that Hoenn is not 2 regions huge so putting some new fancy locations in a few corners won't do it this time...

That said, RS remakes would be "the lame move", but I don't believe gamefreak are THAT desperate and uncreative. They can come up with better solutions that this.

Not saying I dont want to see the region and the pokes of RSE in a new game (I enjoyed the games more than GSC or DPPt),
Not saying they wont make one,

just I feel like its not a huge thinking step to come up with the following solution:
Imagine
a NEW game based in Hoenn.
Not 100% remakes.
Timeline same as BW (13 years after RSE/RBY 10 years after HGSS/DPPt), add tons of changes to the region caused by events of the past decade, change around gym leaders (replace a few by their kids etc you get the idea), a new generation stepping up as a reborn Team Magma/Aqua or a completely new green color themed instead with leaders being related to the old ones or whatever awesome they come up with, put the protagonists of RSE as master trainers you get to battle ala Red in GS, put more focus on the remaining legendaries, for example explore the mystery about the legendary golems a bit further (explain how they tie to Regigigas), get Jirachi an ingame event place for once (only event legend never to have one), add a subregion, make the frontier larger.

Tell me, wouldnt that have way more potential than plain remakes?
If you ask me, GF might have something even better to surprise us with than this.

Regarding Kyurem.
Its been obvious there will be some kind of upgrade for it in a third game since the beginning. Compared to Reshiram and Zekrom its handicapped in all ways. It has worse stats, its signature move is a joke (and theres 2 strong unused Ice moves), and even visually it looks weak, broken icy parts, with the tail (which are generator like on the duo) looking like plug instead.

In addition there is the story in BW about the dragons.
Apparently there was originally a single royal dragon. But with its 2 kings starting a fight, it divided into 2 seperate entities (resulting in the destruction of the region from the flames and thunder).
The plug-like tail on Kyurem makes me guess that Kyurem is actually the "corpse". What was left of the original dragon as the other 2 split from it.