(2) Speed Gamers, B/W-on Format [6/15]

From today until next Friday, they will be trying to capture every Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Genesect
Kyurem. You meant Kyurem.

Water Pokémon Master said:
The press release I have says they're going to try for all 649. :p
Something's off here. Either the press release is wrong, and/or someone's mistaken.

Futachimaru said:
The 2013 season starts July 13? Great for players who bubbled the invite :p

9th*

What I want to know is why top 4 of Worlds and top 8 of US Nats get points in the first place. They don't need them. Why not distribute them at other tournies or for the other Top Cut people.

I checked out the website and it says 646 (Kyurem) instead of 649.

BLW-on was expected and extremely obvious, but still awesome to hear confirmation. :3

Sounds very confusing that the season starts before the 2011-2012 season ends, though...

Ha, my prediction was right for a BW-on format. I saw it coming... now to pimp up decks with said format.

Mudkip711 said:
9th*

What I want to know is why top 4 of Worlds and top 8 of US Nats get points in the first place. They don't need them. Why not distribute them at other tournies or for the other Top Cut people.

Maybe scholarships for Top CP holders?

Cool! BW-on. Now I need to decide between Darkrai/Heidreigon and Garchomp/Altaria. Decisions decisisions :p

BW-on was to be expected, what with it being the format in Japan and with Black and White being pushed as a sort of "new beginning" in the Pokemon saga. I was kind of hoping for CL-on, though... Honestly, all I wanted was PONT. Can we keep PONG? Please? :p

The charity thing is awesome though. It's great to know that they're going to be the very best (like no one ever was) and catch 'em all for a good cause. :)

All I can say is, "Holy Cow, Yes!" I'm really glad TPCi made the right decision in creating a BW-on format for the 2012-2013 year in Pokemon. BW-on is already looking to be an excellent format, as the Japanese are proving: Stage 2s are tier one again, no Junk Arm (which means more skill + more room for consistency), and a very diverse format). The only problem I have with this format so far is the lack of supporters, and I'm sure we are all familiar with this problem already. Now, we are going to have to deal with it. The only good supporters we'll have starting Sept. 1st are Juniper, N, and Bianca (and to some extent, Cheren). Juniper will be the only real way to draw cards, and because of it, you now have to be careful about what to discard. Without PONT in the format, only N can function as the hand refresher, but it is only like that in the early game. Hopefully, more good supporters will be printed as the year will go on; even reprints of previous supporters would be good too (reprints of Roseanne's Research, Bebe's Search, and Steven's Advice would be good).

Originally, I thought 2012 Worlds counting towards your seasonal record for the 2012-2013 was a bad idea, but now when I thought about for a good amount of time, I think it actually makes a lot of sense. Earning Championship Points from Worlds to count toward your 2012-2013 record is like getting a reward. TPCi becomes proud of you for doing well in Worlds, so they reward you with some CPs for the coming year because of your success in the toughest Pokemon tournament in the year. As for people saying, "The top 4 in worlds gets such a huge lead in CPs already b/c they earned a lot of Championship Points from doing that well," keep in mind the top 4 already get invited to the year after's worlds, so doesn't really matter in this case.

Now that TPCi has made the good move in giving us the right rotation, all they need to do now is reduce the CP for Cities and States and improve the kicker in official P!P events. If they don't improve the kicker, then they should at least consider expanding the top cut in some tournaments (like a top 8 in Battle Roads or a Top 32 in States). This way, the 2012-2013 will be one of the best years in Pokemon's history.

RogueListers said:
No basic search, no energy accel, and no Vileplume

I hate this new format already

Eels are still here, and if you want a lock deck you can play Gothitelle.

Also, Emolga works very well as a basic searcher (the one from the dragon sets).

RogueListers said:
No basic search, no energy accel, and no Vileplume

I hate this new format already

1) No basic search? Ultra, Level, Heavy Ball.
2) No energy accel? Eels, Dark Patch, Emboar
and last but not least,

3) NO VILEPLUME! That's my favorite reason for BW-on. I don't see why PCG should print a card that stops pretty much half of a deck. And then you can't even do anything about it. Maybe if they made a Supporter with the effect of Catcher...

I'm glad they kept Call of Legends out of the new format, the set itself makes for unecessary power creep and plus we're now on equal footing with Japan since DP-On and that was 4 years ago right?

Looks like I'll need to get another playset of Ultra Balls for my ZekEels deck. Then wait a few months til I can get a couple Darkrai Tins so that I can build Hydreigon/Darkrai and snag a few Mewtwo Tins while I'm at it as well considering it will be sold out like crazy.

Back